Life is Strange

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Blackee Dammet, Jul 28, 2015.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

[video=youtube;AURVxvIZrmU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AURVxvIZrmU[/video]
    If you're not playing this masterpiece you need to be. Now. It starts off slow but for the love of god, stick with it. Episode 4 of 5 was released tonight and is one of the best games I've played in at least a decade. If not all time. Without question one of the most engaging storylines I've ever played.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

It's a great great, especially for the adventure genre. It offers a lot of depth and choice and exploration as well as nice character building and in depth story. Much better than what Telltale does with their games, imo. They could learn a lot from DontNod.

Definitely one of the best games this year.

TEGCRocco

TEGCRocco The LPL Invader

ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE? I WAS EATING THOSE BEANS!

Really though, the game is alright. Seriously overrated, though. I really dislike most of the main characters, and I'm indifferent towards the rest. The story itself hasn't really been that compelling, and god damn, the dialogue is so fucking bad. I mean, I get that it's a foreign game, but holy shit. I will say that the gameplay is fun, and the reversing time mechanic is pretty interesting. Oh, and it's a really easy perfection achievement wise. Other than that, nothing really grabs me. Maybe it's just that I'm a soulless monster that lacks basic empathy, but nothing in the game has impacted me emotionally in the slightest. Not in the way it was meant to, I imagine. Not even the ending of Episode 3.

Blackee Dammet

3 was overrated, but I'd bet money 4 would mess you up pretty bad.

TEGCRocco

TEGCRocco The LPL Invader

Ok. I'm gonna play it in a little bit. We'll see.

EDIT: Finished it, and it did nothing for me.

SPOILERS:
    I called that the teacher did it from a mile away, and Chloe's death was something that I had been hoping for since about 3/4 through Episode 1, so that didn't upset me in the slightest. The first 20 minutes, though, have been the best part of this whole series so far, and was the closest to getting emotionally attached I've gotten up to this point. Still not too big on it, though. This was, without a doubt, though, the best episode so far.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    Blackee Dammet

The prequel is out now and it's rad as fuck.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I'm late to this thread but both games are AMAZING. Episode 5 gameplay in LIS is a little bad but the first 4 episdoes are a masterpiece!

Prequel wasn't as good but still amazing. Both games brought me the feels and both games have the best soundtracks ever.

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Played the demo and it was pretty dope. I need to get the full game.

Blackee Dammet

I pre-ordered the BtS 'vinyl edition', $70 but it looks legit.

insanefanboy

insanefanboy RIP Chester Bennington

I played it last year and I LOVED IT!!!!! How people complained (IGN) about the characters and dialog is beyond me, i liked them and felt sorry for them, it may have taken a awhile to like Max at the beginning, but I did, and so I was addicted to it, and couldn't put it down. Story actually affect me a little bit and I could relate quite a lot, and while the villain turned out a bit OTT, I didn't see the twist coming at all. Haven't played the prequel yet as I was waiting for all the episodes to be released (same goes for Batman TEW) but I thoroughly enjoyed myself and was taken it alright. Give it a try.