LPU chat with Mike on VyRT - July 31st

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Jul 29, 2015.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Mike Shinoda will be hosting a LPU chat over on the LPU VyRT channel on Friday, July 31st, 2015 at 11:00 am PST.

This is a good opportunity to ask Mike about his new Fort Minor song Welcome, the upcoming two Fort Minor shows in Denmark and Germany and the Linkin Park Europe tour coming up.

This chat is exclusive to LPU members, and if you're not a member you can join right here.
    If you're a LPU member, you can find out here how to get access to the LPU VyRT room.

Will you attend the chat? What questions do you have for Mike? Come and discuss in our forums.

Source: Linkin Park Twitter

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some interesting stuff from the chat included:

- Doesn’t want to go out on a Fort Minor tour in itself. Plans the shows around Linkin Park dates.

- Has no idea what will be on the next LPU CD right now. Hasn’t thought about it.

- Complications with live debuts include more than just rehearsing the songs. It includes programming the keyboards and everything related to their gear, it also depends on the band itself and what goes on with them. He says you shouldn’t expect any live debuts on this upcoming tour but mentions the possibility of Keys to the Kingdom and Mark the Graves being played on the NEXT tour.

- Some of his favorite Linkin Park videos include: Waiting For the End, Leave Out All the Rest and CASTLE OF GLASS.

- Rob had problems with his shoulder and Brad have some ongoing wrist issues, that’s why they removed Guilty All the Same from the set for the China tour. They removed Rebellion because they were in China.

- If he could pick a song to make a video for it would be Wastelands or A Line In the Sand. He wanted to make a video for Wastelands.

- Excited about the 15 year anniversary of Hybrid Theory. Waits until ”later” for a big celebration.

- What are the plans about 2016? Going into the studio at the end of 2015 and hopefully has a new album out in 2016. Currently he has no info about it other than that he has made some demos that has been played for the rest of the band. It currently has no direction yet.

- If the band are iffy about a demo that he loves and thinks it's worth working on, he will make it a Fort Minor song and put it out.

- He’d love to bring back the DSPs. The way the were done before just didn’t work out, it was way too stressful and too much work for Pooch and it wasn’t cost effective to bring in more help to make them happen.

- There will be LPU Meet&Greets are happening at the two Fort Minor shows, stay tuned for more info about that.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Thank you! :)

More informative than usual.

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Great chat, you can tell that Mike has much more info on every aspect of the band than anyone else.

They went into the studio at the end of 2011 and 2013 for LT or THP, right? Or was it later/earlier? They seem to be pretty much exactly on schedule for 3 albums in a row if they do get into the studio at the end of 2015. Makes me wonder if they'll go for another June release or if they'll spend longer in studio this time.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

And there's been much discussion here about whether or not a 2015 or 2016 release would be a good thing. I think that they should take a whole 'nother year and do a release in 2017 instead.

I like that Shinoda's listed "Waiting For The End" as one of his favourite LP videos 'cause that's my favourite LP video. :)

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

Sssshhhhh!!!

Your momma be proud :kappa:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

My mother was proud when I was conversing with Shinoda in a shady chatroom about ten years ago. Next to that, this is nothing :rolleyes:

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Summer 2016 seems unrealistic, but who knows how much they've whipped up already. It was a long time before the band started actually telling us about THP and not just talking about how the album had no direction and they just had demos.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Thanks for the informations

Filthy

Filthy instagram & twitter: @evanfass

What does DSP stand for? If that's reference to when they had the live "bootlegs" for downloads, I completely agree. All I ever wanted was my download from the very first LP concert I saw and never got a hold of it. Probably sent at least three different emails trying to get my paws on that bad boy /:

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

DSP = Digital Souvenir Package

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I like the idea of Mike taking scrapped demos he was passionate about and just finishing them and releasing them to us. Makes up for the lack of a new album, plus I think it'd be fun to just get a new song every once in a while. I still would love for him to come out with a second album soon.

But it looks like the band is sticking with the 2016 release for the album. I highly doubt they'll go on a hiatus this cycle. Hopefully next cycle, maybe get a Fort Minor album and tour. I just don't want the next album to be rushed and I don't want them to think they have to put out an album every 2 years.

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

Wow, this all feels so rushed for me honestly.

Though the reason could just be that there are more and more album cycles I actively witness or that we generally perceive time exponentially and life seems to accelerate in turn.

Regardless of that, I'd still like them to take their time. Bring us another fantastic album! :D