Marvel Cinematic Universe — Phase III

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Will, May 7, 2015.

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Theron has been a fan favourite for Cpt Marvel (and Enchantress) for years now. I think she's too big a name though, her price tag will be too high and she won't want to sign a 6-9 picture deal. Her age isn't a problem at all.

Blunt is my pick. Top class actress & has a solid career behind her, but hasn't quite broken through to the big leagues, she's still stradling the line though. Perfect for Marvel to nab, and I think they already might have.

No way in hell will Jolie be anywhere near this film.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Tom Holland (The Impossible) has been cast as Peter Parker / Spider-Man in the MCU, and Jon Watts (Cop Car) will be directing Holland in the first solo Spider-Man entry into the MCU. Holland is expected to debut as Spider-Man at some point during Captain America: Civil War.

edit —

Didn't notice Minus for some reason posted the news in the Phase II thread. Eh.

edit2 —

Also I saw some people complaining in the shoutbox a while ago about there being two separate threads. For what it's worth the Phase II thread will be pretty much dead once Ant-Man comes out and assuming the LPA doesn't die, this thread will exist for the next six years. So... yeah.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
    Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

nice! Good job.
    Also. Since when is Ant-Man the end of Phase II? I was always under the assumption that the avengers movie(s) where the culmination that each phase building to? It doesn't make Much sense for ant-man to be the huge final of phase II and not Ultron. At least not to me anyway,

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Ant-Man was initally going to kick-off Phase III, but they changed that, since Civil War would be a lot better starting point. ;)

Will

Tom Holland's Spider-Man will, in fact, be limited to a cameo appearance in Captain America: Civil War and he will likely only be on set for about a week.

Also, according to a report, Marvel Studios have begun casting for The Avengers: Infinity War, Part One, with the role of The Magus being the first non-Avenger role to be cast. The Magus is an alternate-timeline version of Adam Warlock, whose cocoon appeared in the Collector's base on Knowhere in both Thor: The Dark World and Guardians of the Galaxy. If the casting call for The Magus can be believed, it's unclear whether or not the same actor would also portray Adam Warlock (assuming Warlock will also appear), or if different actors would portray the two characters.

Here's how I see Infinity War going down if both The Magus and Adam Warlock appear (comic spoilers and potential movie spoilers): Adam Warlock, fresh from his cocoon and a possible appearance in Guardians of the Galaxy II, appears on Earth ahead of Thanos and warns the Avengers of the coming threat; at this point, the events of Thor: Ragnarok have taken place and Asgard has been destroyed and Thanos has the Infinity Gauntlet, and he's coming to Earth for the Soul Gem embedded in The Vision's forehead. Thanos arrives on Earth and is the main villain of Part One, eventually killing The Vision and acquiring the complete Gauntlet before being defeated himself by Adam Warlock. Then, as Warlock takes control of the Gauntlet, he unwittingly splits his soul, much like in the comics, into good and evil corporeal forms. The evil form names itself The Magus and Part One ends. Then, in Part Two, The Magus will team up with Thanos to reacquire the Infinity Gauntlet, but The Magus will become trapped in the Soul Gem and, since he's only one half of a completed soul, The Magus won't be able to interact with any other souls in the Soul World (as in the comics). However, he'll eventually escape the Soul Gem once Thanos reacquires the Gauntlet, but will have to absorb the life forces of others to gain a corporeal body once again. In the comics, he's finally defeated by Genis-Vell, the son of Mar-Vell (the original Captain Marvel), but I can see them changing this part around. Eventually, Part Two will end with the defeat of both Thanos and The Magus (obviously).

Then again, none of that could happen. :lol:

edit —

Kevin Feige has confirmed once and for all that Spider-Man will be appearing in Civil War and will be on set "immediately." However, he didn't address whether or not Spider-Man will only have a cameo, or how long Tom Holland would be on set.

edit 2 —

It seems as though Leslie Bibb (Talladega Nights) will be reprising the role of Christine Everhart, a character she portrayed in Iron Man and Iron Man 2, in Captain America: Civil War. In the films, Everhart's a reporter with Vanity Fair, but in the comics, she's a reporter for The Daily Bugle; with Spider-Man having joined the MCU, it's possible Everhart could represent the Bugle in Civil War, rather than Vanity Fair.

William Hurt discussed his involvement in Civil War, indicating that the character of General Ross would be "much newer" and "much different," and that he hasn't had a lot of time to understand it. Fans are speculating that the Thunderbolts will be revealed, lead by Baron Zemo, or that General Ross will transform into the Red Hulk during the film, thanks to Baron Zemo.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
    Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

So, Kevin Feige let it slip that the title for the GotG sequel is Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Does that mean there's going to be a third? Seems weird to use 'Volume' if it's only a two movie series.

Will

Considering Marvel wants to turn Guardians of the Galaxy into its own franchise like The Avengers, I'd imagine there'll be more. Now, whether or not that means there'll be solo Star-Lord or Rocket Raccoon movies is another matter entirely.

Will

Marvel's eyeing Rachel McAdams for the lead female role in Doctor Strange.

I kind of hope she plays a character with superpowers and isn't just a regular old human love interest (*cough*Jane Foster*cough*).

edit —

Marisa Tomei has been tapped to play Aunt May in the upcoming Spider-Man reboot. It's being reported that she'll appear first in Civil War alongside Tom Holland as Peter Parker, who'll have a cameo role in the movie.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    travz21

These will never get old

[​IMG]

Will

Jaimie Alexander is confirmed to be returning as the Lady Sif in Thor: Ragnarok.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Wesley Snipes reportedly was in talks with Marvel recently to strike a deal for Blade 4.

I for one, hope that it fucking comes to fruition.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Plot twist - the Blade movies are part of the MCU this whole time. o_O

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Not a Blade 4, but a reboot.

Will

Yeah. As good as Blade and Blade II were, Marvel will never make them canon in the MCU. And as good as Wesley Snipes was as Blade, I don't think he'll ever play Blade again. He might appear in a cameo, but that's it.

If anything, I can see Marvel adapting the Midnight Sons storylines and arcs and make Ghost Rider, Moon Knight and Blade the three main characters.

Will

Previous rumors had Rachel McAdams (Mean Girls, The Notebook) linked to Doctor Strange for months as the film's lead female role, and a love interest to Benedict Cumberbatch's (Sherlock, Star Trek into Darkness) titular character; nothing's set in stone at the moment, but new rumors are abound she's in line to portray the Night Nurse in the film. (She also revealed she'd like to portray Black Orchid, a DC character who was once a member of Task Force X.)

Additionally, Latino-Review posted a ridiculous article with some "information" about the new Spider-Man film, but I'm not even going to bother posting any of it because it all seems like B.S. and Latino-Review sucks anyway. The only remotely interesting thing in the article was a supposed leaked cast-listing, but the only remotely interesting thing about that was that Hugh Laurie's supposed to play J. Jonah Jameson, which would be fucking hilarious and I hope it happens.

Will

According to Movie Pilot via Meet the Movie Press, Emily Blunt's casting as Carol Danvers / Ms. Marvel / Captain Marvel is all but a done deal.

travz21

Eh, I don't know if I see it. Would rather have Katee Sackhoff or Yvonne Strahovski

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Not familiar with Yvonne Strahovsk's work, but from what I see, she would have definitely fit the part a lot better aesthetically.

Will

According to Birth. Movies. Death., the blog that broke the news of the Russos being hired to direct both parts of Infinity War before it was confirmed by Marvel, although Tom Holland has finished filming his cameo as Peter Parker, Spider-Man will appear in more scenes than previously expected, including an alleged fight scene.

The blog points out that, although Tom Holland is required for Peter Parker scenes, he's not required for Spider-Man scenes, as even before Holland was cast in the role, scenes were being filmed with Spider-Man using stuntmen. Holland can record his lines for Spider-Man in post-production and have the lines dubbed into those scenes by the studio.

Eh. I think Katee Sackhoff's incredibly overrated and (as ridiculous as this'll sound) isn't attractive enough; I think she looks like a worn-out Gwenyth Paltrow, personally. Yvonne Strahovski was my other choice for Carol Danvers, along with Emily Blunt. Plus, Blunt's been in a lot of action-heavy movies recently, and was already linked with Marvel; she was supposed to play Black Widow in Iron Man 2 but couldn't, and then was later offered the role of Peggy Carter but turned it down for whatever reason.

Check out Chuck. She's fantastic on the show and the character's kind of similar to Carol Danvers, minus the whole being a pilot thing.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015