Politics, politics, politics.

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by SPARTAN01, Aug 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    SPARTAN01

SPARTAN01 Member

Let's talk. I'm going to start off by my opinion on Bush, Obama, the presidential candidates and why I hate all politicians.

So, I feel that people hate Bush because of the Iraq war and 9/11.

Let's talk about 9/11. If any of you are conspiracy theorists, I'm disappointed.

Jet fuel burns at 1000 degrees celsius. thermal expansion coefficient of steel is ~12*10-6
    if strain, E = ∂∆T E = 12*10-6 (1000) E = 0.0012m
    or the metal would expand about 12mm.
    That, paired with the fact that the plane hit the building, most likely bending the structure to begin with.
    There's really no logical way to explain how the tower would not fall down...

And the Afghanistan war was certainly righteous, and I supported it. It definitely got our al Qaeda cells weakened and Taliban killed over the years, and it's worked efficiently. With a military that has units like CAG and DEVGRU, what's the reason not to go in? Unless you want another 9/11, of course.

Iraq war: Going into Iraq was sort of a mistake. I would have gone into Iraq, but the way he planned it was outright horrible and his generals were really wrong about it. With the threats of WMDs that Saddam Hussein had, and the genocide he committed against his own people, it was also justifiable to move in. Before any of the "there were no WMDs found in Iraq" there actually were. The thing is, Bush was too ignorant to see that warning Iraq for 6 months that he'll move in was a mistake. Thank god Saddam was a wuss to America, because with those warnings, in 6 months he certainly could have launched a major attack on America. But, with those 6 months, he had so much time to put his WMDs in both Syria and Iran, and that's where all the news about those countries with nukes have today.

And the torture? First of all, I'm pretty sure water boarding and loud music isn't torture. SQT for SEALs require water boarding, and it's not like it's traumatizing. But the fact that you people are bothered that terrorists are tortured kind of makes me cringe and I should remind you how fortunate you are to live in this country. You can call America corrupt, because it's so big and that's why it's really corrupt, in both the Bush and Clinton administrations, but the Obama administration certainly has the most corruption this country has seen.

Overall, I think Bush was too leftist and wasn't really a bright guy, so I dislike him more than I do like him.

Obama: Don't even get me started on him. I know some of you guys like to smoke weed on here, whatever it doesn't phase you and stuff. But smoking weed is a habit you want to break eventually. IQ points are taken off, and it makes you physically lazy after the high effect. Sure you can make the argument that it calms down PTSD and all that, but so does many other ways. The only thing marijuana is useful for is cancer, that's the only reason why it should be used, nothing else because nothing else good comes from weed. I've seen too many people destroyed by MJ.

I don't feel the need to talk about Obamacare. If you're a selfish person, you'll like it. If you have a moral code and you work hard, you'll dislike Obamacare.

I agree with welfare to an extent, but certainly never with how he's going so overboard with it! Everyone I know of that is on welfare is capable of working, they just really like being lazy so they can get more money for their drugs, and not worry about child support and all that. That's what pisses me off, man.

Also, Obama is the reason ISIS is created. Pulling our forces out of Iraq is the reason they were created. Some of you can say it's cause we went into Iraq, but we went into Iraq for a justifiable reason. Bottom line: If we didn't pull out of Iraq, ISIS would not have been created.

I honestly have nothing good to say about Obama. All the JSOC operational raids are leaked by him, and that's causing our country serious issues, especially with DEVGRU.

But, in short I think all politicians are corrupt to an extent, and always have to bullshit their way through and I'm sick of it.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I wasn't going to comment on this post, because the whole thing's a train wreck, but these statements rustled my jimmies.

[redacted] Your argument that you'll like Obamacare if you're selfish, and you won't if you're hard-working and have a moral code (whatever the fuck that means), is fucking ridiculous and misinformed. Your argument that "everyone [you] know of" who utilizes welfare is capable of working and they just like being lazy is the type of broad-stroked argument that I can't fucking stand seeing. Your argument that those same "lazy" individuals are using the money for drugs or so they don't have to worry about child support is another type of broad-stroked argument that I can't fucking stand.

I'll say it again, with emphasis this time: [redacted]

Did you know that there are millions of people in this country who work hard every day and still barely bring home enough money for the bare essentials? Those people are who welfare and Obamacare are for. And don't even try to argue that they should just "get better jobs." The world ain't that black and white. Sometimes it's – and try to wrap your head around this, if you can – really hard and next-to-impossible to find a better job than what you've got. If you're barely making enough money where you are and you can't find another job, you're stuck. That's it. It's not like you can go somewhere else, just pack up your life and move somewhere else, if you can't even save up the money to do that. Sure, fast food places aren't meant to be careers, but in some cases, it's impossible to find a better job, and so you're stuck there. (And before you even bring it up, no, I don't agree that they should be making $15/hr, but the minimum wage argument is an argument for another time, unless you bring it up, in which case, be prepared to have facts dropped on your head.)

You can't claim everyone who's on welfare is only on welfare because they're lazy or they want money for drugs or whatever. That's utterly fucking ridiculous and makes you look like a [redacted] dick. I barely make enough money where I'm at to pay rent and buy food for the month, and I don't get enough hours to be offered company healthcare. I can't find another job anywhere else, and I can't just pack up my bags and move to where there are jobs. Life's a lot more complex than that. That's where Obamacare comes into play. Without Obamacare, I don't have dental insurance or eye insurance. My teeth would've been destroyed and my eyesight would've just gotten worse.

In short, you and people like you [redacted] need to quit thinking so goddamn narrowmindedly. [redacted] That type of thinking's going to drive this country further into the ground.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Did you create an account on a Linkin Park fansite solely to shove your narrow fucking opinions down our throat? Lmao

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

I'm not American. I don't give a flying fuck.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I do give a fuck for some things.

I mean, think about it. Do you want to constantly hear about Trump for the next four years and see him on TV all the time? :lol:

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

As a non-American I have absolutely no influence over the politics in America. Therefore I don't give a fuck.

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Apparently so.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yeaaaaaahhh....I'm just going to shut down this thread. When your first post in this thread pretty much includes attacks for anyone who may not agree with you (accusing those who like Obamacare of not having a moral code for example), it's pretty much a useless post and serves no purpose on these forums.

I don't care if you're a republican, democrat, liberal, conservative, independent, tea partier, or green partier...if you can't present your opinions on here respectfully; and come on here solely to shove your opinions down people's throats, you can kindly GTFO. Serious Chat isn't made for posts like this. It's made for healthy debate. Not 'MY OPINION IS ALL THAT MATTERS, AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT GTFO!!1!1!!".

Seriously, you have three posts and all of your posts are whining about liberals or Obama. Please just go away.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Guy's been here a day with three posts and knows some of the members like to smoke weed on here apparently. :obama: :rastamike:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Smoke weed erryday....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.