Are LP satisfied with THP?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by rocker94, Aug 27, 2015.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Next to "Until It's Gone", "Wastelands" and "Final Masquerade", you choose "Rebellion"? :huh:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

My least-favourite is definitely either "All For Nothing" or "Wastelands", thinking about it now.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

I like Wastelands more than I should.

minuteforce

SCANDAL

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

People shouldnt be allowed to have opinions :kappa:

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

You've betrayed ALITS!!! I don't even know you anymore....

:kappa:

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

I enjoy Drawbar's lyrics the most on THP.

This is even true, cause there's nothing to bitch around about!

minuteforce

This is true for basically all of Linkin Park's instrumental tracks. This is what I say when I tell people that "Tinfoil" is one of the best tracks on "Living Things" :lol:

JonasTheRoman

You are right.
    Funnily, Tinfoil is also one of my favorites on LT, but it doesn't reach Drawbar by far, of course. :D

Linkin-Park-should-only-make-instrumental-albums-from-now-on-as-their-lyrics-don't-live-up-to-their-instrumentals CONFIRMED!

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

You win. /thread

Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

I'm also curious about LP's thoughts/feelings towards THP more than a year after its release. I'll admit that I'm slightly disappointed that there haven't been any more music videos (Rebellion, ALITS, even Wastelands could have had cool videos at the very least, but we'll never know :shrug:).

I would like to think that LP are still inspired by THP's direction and are looking to carry over elements of it to their next album, perhaps the aggressiveness or raw sound. I find it quite strange that we haven't heard any follow-ups from Mike, Chester, etc. on the state of current music and whether THP may have made an impact.

If there have been updates from anyone in the band on this matter, please let us know.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
    JonasTheRoman

Maybe it's because complaining about the "state of rock music" was just a marketing move of Mike to promote the album and the band actually doesn't really care how Rock music does now, as long as the album sold enough copies. :kappa:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
    Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Yikes, I really hope this wasn't Mike or the band's intention all along! It actually appeared to me that Mike was being quite sincere about his vision for THP and how he felt about the lack of newness or freshness in rock. We know that Mike is a very ambitious man who almost always sees a vision through to the end, sometimes regardless of consequences or outside perceptions.

Eh, as long as LP tries something different or improves upon its established sound, I'll probably like (read: love) the next album :headbang:

minuteforce

Well, before "The Hunting Party" happened, Linkin Park were far from the type of band to decry other rock bands for not being heavy or aggressive enough, so you can make of that what you will. I think that the band just adopt whatever attitudes are convenient to sell an album, but I don't think that they're deliberately doing that as part of some deceptive, manipulative "marketing move"

TheRadiance

TheRadiance Guardian

I think they are probably satisfied with the album they created but I doubt they're happy with how it's done since it came out (despite them saying they don't really care about sales). They seem to have faded off quickly after it came out and there hasn't been any news on a new single in a long while which seems different for them. Usually they're pushing single after single.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

It's because THP is not your typical mainstream album that you can access easily. That's why the band mentioned that it was almost difficult for them to find a song to release as a single because of it's appeal to the wider audience that was too heavy to digest.

JonasTheRoman

I also don't think that. I think Mike truly wanted to make some Rock again and the band followed him. Then, when the time of the interviews came, he just exaggerated the whole thing about how bad rock was a bit, to promote the album and show a vision behind it.
    I am not quite sure how honest Mike was with his "Rock music sucks now and it is quite depressing" post, because he was always the guy who just did what he wanted - regardless of any trends or the situation on the music market - what he also stated quite often. At least, that's what he said.

I think he really wanted to hear and produce some "true Rock" again, but he hyped the whole thing up to "make this shit sound more gangster than it really is", you know? :D

Besides he also had fun doing exactly that, and that's the most important thing for him.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    minuteforce

Ironically, it's not very easy for ~rock~ fans or metalheads to digest either :rolleyes:

Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

But this is the same band that released Papercut, Faint and Given Up as singles!

rocker94

rocker94 Well-Known Member

THIS! Why we haven't Keys to the Kingdom, Rebellion and Guilty All the Same as singles??? TT