Marvel Cinematic Universe — Phase III

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Will, May 7, 2015.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Emily Blunt has something really attractive about her, but she looks odd as well. I liked her in Looper and Edge of Tomorrow a lot.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Black Panther on set of Civil War.

[​IMG]

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Pretty sure that's just a stunt suit. The real one will be far better, and much more detailed.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'd imagine so. Close-up shots will use the more detailed suit design. You're not going to use the "close-up suit" for stunt work in case something goes wrong and ruins the suit.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Waiting for a leak of the Civil War footage is brutal...

Will

Tom Holland has been (finally) officially confirmed as a part of the Civil War cast.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

I want a Spidey costume reveal goddammit!

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

I heard that people were forced to wrap their phones up in plastic bags, so probably not gonna happen. But there was one leak, apparently blurry as all hell though.

Will

I've seen two videos claiming to be the footage but they were both debunked as fake within minutes of them being posted on reddit.

Will

Recently-leaked promotional art has revealed the upcoming Civil War teams. Spoilers:

#TeamIronMan will consist of Tony Stark/Iron Man, Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow, Colonel James "Rhodey" Rhodes/War Machine, T'Challa/Black Panther, and The Vision.

#TeamCap will consist of Steve Rogers/Captain America, Sam Wilson/Falcon (b/w Redwing), James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes/Winter Soldier, Clint Barton/Hawkeye, Scott Lang/Ant-Man, and Sharon Carter/Agent 13.

Curiously absent from the promo art is Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch, while Peter Parker/Spider-Man isn't depicted. Bruce Banner/Hulk, who's rumored to be appearing in the film in at least a cameo, isn't depicted either.

Here's a link to an imgur gallery of the promo art.

I'm super pumped although I'm a bit surprised that Black Panther's on Tony's team and that Scarlet Witch isn't depicted, but I'm pleasantly surprised that Sharon Carter has such a prominent role here.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Will

Mark Ruffalo (Shutter Island) has revealed that Bruce Banner / The Hulk was originally included in the script for Captain America: Civil War but was removed at some point because Marvel Studios wants to save the character for a future movie, fearing that his sudden return in Civil War would dampen the effect of his departure at the end of Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Additionally, Disney has considered Age of Ultron to be a failure, and there were also disagreements over the budget for Civil War, which lead to an internal studio "civil war" between Marvel Studios producer Kevin Feige and Marvel Entertainment CEO Isaac Perlmutter, which has resulted in Feige now directly reporting to Disney CEO Bob Iger. Rumors are abound that Perlmutter may be on his way out of Marvel for good soon. TV producer Jeff Loeb, who has famously clashed with Feige, still reports to Perlmutter, although that could change in the future, which may or may not result in a more seamless MCU.

The Joesen One

I kinda get why Disney thinks AoU is a failure, because it earned less than the first movie and it didn't become the highest-grossing movie of 2015. I heard Perlmutter is a douche, which is why people are quite please he'll be gone soon.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I watched AoU again last night and it's not good. Like at all. Huge disappointment in every category. But it made a ton of money so Disney shouldn't be too critical. With Spider-Man in the mix for the next phase things should be huge. Now they just need people to write and direct better.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Fuck, you know you're doing well when one movie grossing $1.4 billion is anywhere even remotely in the ballpark of being considered a failure.

Will

Chris Evans (Snowpiercer) has revealed he'd like to renew his contract with Marvel Studios, according to Collider, and he's also confirmed his contract expires following Avengers: Infinity War – Part II.

The Joesen One

Will

The Doctor Strange cast is mindbogglingly amazing so far.

The Joesen One

I'm a little concerned about the movie because I'm not sure if Scott Derrickson's good enough. His movies have been so-so so far. I hope he surprises me like James Gunn did with GOTG.

Will

Mads Mikkelson (Hannibal) has claimed he's simply "waiting for a call" from Marvel regarding his much-rumored role in Doctor Strange. Fans have been posturing for Mikkelson to play Dormammu or Mephisto, either of which would be amazing.