New Mike Shinoda Interview With NME

Discussion in 'News' started by Filip, Sep 7, 2015.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

HYPE HYPE HYPE HPY HPYHEP HPYHEP PHYP PEHPYE HYPE HPYE HPSHPEY H

bigbadboz

bigbadboz Active Member

Well I know Action Bronson is in the UK this week as I'm seeing him in Birmingham on Friday.......

bigbadboz

bigbadboz Active Member

Oh and if you're at The Fort Minor show tonight come say Hi

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Lil B

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

The Glitch Mob.

You'll see.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

crazy Filip and his zany theories again

Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

I'm not entirely sure what to think about LP7 not sounding anything like THP. While this could be a great thing for the sake of experimentation and variety, I really thought LP would stick with their vision for rock music and still continue to bring back elements of rock that haven't been popular on the radio for a long time. Eh, it's still far too early to tell how LP's sound will play out (M. Shinoda doesn't even know for sure yet).

About the collaboration, I am at a loss for who it could possibly be. I just hope it will turn out great like the THP collabs. I would personally love to see LP doing something with Rammstein, or at least Till Lindemann, as he has very unique vocals IMO.

minuteforce

I'm slowly becoming more assured that, outside of dance music, LP aren't too bad at picking collaborators. So I'm looking forward to whatever might come of this.

Xero-G

Did you not like LP x Steve Aoki for the few songs they did? While I found ALTNC and DTB fairly enjoyable, I just can't listen to either song on repeat. I do think that DTB has better lyrics in the verses compared to ALTNC, though.

Also, I'm thrilled that Mike is keeping an open mind about the future possibilities of Fort Minor. I'm curious to know whether he has strongly considered getting Tak and Ryu, as well as other original guests, back on board for a new project. He hasn't confirmed or de-confirmed this, as far as I know.

wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

LPXGorillaz would be awesome

Why not with radiohead they are right now at the studio working on their new album, the same with gorillaz.

I like MUSE, Drones is a very good album.

Some crazyines: LPx Brian May and roger Taylor

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

I cant wait until they drop the country or edm album

Xero-G

If this actually happens (I really hope it doesn't), I won't know what to do with myself :ohno:

I've heard enough country to know that I'll never be able to get into it, regardless of the amount of artists/singers I hear.
    As for EDM, I've tried to like certain forms of it in the past but could never become fully immersed. I don't think I'll ever fully embrace EDM, even if LP has collaborated and put out decent songs in that genre.

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Given how good Castle of Glass and Three Band Terror are, I would LOVE for them to do something heavily folk-influenced. IMO Living Things is retrospectively disappointing when you look at the greatness that is Primo, TBT, Holding Company, and COG (I still love the album). Imagine an acoustic guitar-filled album, with some of Rob's new-found drumming skills, and the raw vocal/drum tones of THP.

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Oh yeahh, would love it

Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

"It wont sound like the hunting party" they are making a fool out of us there is no way we will ever find out what LP is doing they are unpredictable and whatever they do next will make you nose hairs stand up. Im telling you that welcome song is about Mike turning away from the Illuminati "back then i thought you were just like me but you proved to me unintentionally that you will self destruct eventually" ... oops wrong lyrics.

edit: see what happens when you dont get new LP material you turn into a hypnotic monkey. now if you excuse im gone watch episode 67 of DBZ and by the way i hope the album comes out max mid next year we can only hope. I dont want anything from this new album cause LP don't care about fan service they know fans will adapt because they are a bunch of fan boys who would listen to anything LP accept for "Empty Spaces" though well played LP (yes im a fan boy sue me) :p

minuteforce

Well, that would only be the case if the next album is exactly like "The Hunting Party". In, like, many ways.

AaronJxD

AaronJxD Well-Known Member

Please stop doing drugs and get the help you need. Please.

sukoru

sukoru I'm with the Ninjas

Am I the only one who's thinking Enter Shikari?

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I wonder if they plan to release the collab song they are working on as a single on its own or apart of the upcoming album. I honestly have no clue who they would do a collaboration with. I literally can't think of one artist/band. Which is a good thing, cause then it'll be a surprise.

I also would not want them to collaborate with Kendrick Lamar. I just can not get into his music, and I'd probably dislike his performance on a collaboration with Linkin Park.

And I'm glad that he confirmed the next album won't sound like The Hunting Party. It's not like I expected it to sound similar, but it's nice to hear some reassurance.

Twisted Smage

Twisted Smage The hardest part of ending is starting again.

I would lose my shit if that happened. I've always thought they could create something awesome together.