Bring Me The Horizon

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Broman, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Take the opener of Count Your Blessings, "Pray For Plagues" and the closer of That's The Spirit, "Oh No". It's fucking ridiculous.

2. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Looks like Doomed, What You Need, and Avalanche are my go to tracks. No problems here. Just hope they get added live!

On a side note, the band performed Happy Song and Throne yesterday which actually were executed pretty nicely.
    Apart from that, they played a very nice acoustic version of Drown. Oli sings very nicely!

[video=youtube;zC604qxN_O4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC604qxN_O4[/video]

3. Filip

I can't say I enjoyed that too much.

4. TEGCRocco

TEGCRocco The LPL Invader

I bet Avalanche will. In terms of new songs, in addition to Happy Song, Throne, and Drown, I think they'll add True Friends, Avalanche, and Oh No. Maybe Doomed, too.

5. Filip

I take it back.

6. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Lol.

7. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Tbh, I have a feeling they'll play most of the album live. All of Sempiternal was played live except for "Seen It All Before". If we went by the same ratios for That's the Spirit, I think Follow You would be the only song to not be play live.

Sidenote, this is funny
    [video=youtube;ReysNsI9rbg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReysNsI9rbg&feature=iv&src_vid=zC604qxN_O4&annotation_id=annotation_372996859[/video]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  8. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Stop being so emotional :kappa:

9. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

I figured I'd give this album a shot. I've never liked them, but even when it first released, I thought Drown showed great promise for them. So why not?

1. Doomed - Probably one of the best tracks here. Loving the electronic influence. 8/10

2. Happy Song - Is it the best song ever? Nope, but I'm diggin' the riff. The kid choir is beyond bad though. 6/10

3. Throne - Sounds like a Linkin Park song mixed with your average 2000s radio-rock band. Not bad, but terribly generic. 4/10

4. True Friends - Nope, nope nope nope nope nope nope. Nope / Nope

5. Follow You - This is an extremely weird one. It's some odd Atmospheric R&B-ish boy-band song. Weird / Weird

6. What You Need - This song had promise, but got progressively worse. 4/10

7. Avalanche - Really hate the vocals in the verses of this song, but the chorus makes up for it. Really nice and explosive. 6.5/10

8. Run - Feels like another Avalanche mixed with Follow You, but not nearly as good as the former track. 4/10

9. Drown - It will probably come as no suprise that I love this song (well, at least to Filip, or the fact that I mentioned it in the first sentence). It sounds like it was plucked straight out of 2005, but unlike Throne and What You Need, this works to its advantage. A truly great pop-rock tune. Also worthy of note is how the new mix makes the chorus a bit heavier. That was a nice touch. 9/10

10. Blasphemy - LMAO (sweet guitar solo though, albeit way too short) 3/10

11. Oh No - I was taken aback by how this was an an unashamed, straight up pop song. While the ideas of this song are nice, I feel like they could have been finely tuned a bit better to make the song more cohesive. 6.5/10

Album Score: 6/10

While the lows of this album are absolute fucking lows, there are a handful of decently crafted songs here. If Bring Me The Horizon cotinue down this more pop-rock oriented sound while fine-tuning their writing ability, they could be come a good band. This album is at least download worthy, if only to get the songs I actually like, and delete the rest.​

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  10. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

bruh.....you're quite the outlier

11. Gibs

I'd take average radio-rock over their mediocre take on Metalcore any day.

12. Filip

I disagree with you that they should go more in the pop direction, but I definitely think they should do an ATS, and just go balls out electronic. Jordan's stuff in Worship (electronic group he was in before BMTH) is great. I'm convinced that if Jordan had not joined BMTH, Worship could've gotten really big. "Doomed" is the best song on the album, and it's because the electronic side of it is so good and it still feels like a BMTH song. It's dark, yet catchy and anthemic. That's what they should do more. Have you guys heard the demo of Happy Song? That is fucking sweet.

So yeah, I don't want them to become One Direction, but if they're gonna rip off Linkin Park, rip off good Linkin Park.

13. brady

Why do you continue to connect pop with One Direction? There are certainly some good pop bands/artists out there, and we could say the same about pop-rock. I'd honestly prefer it if they made more songs like "Oh No" because in my opinion, they did a damn good job with that song, but on an album composed of mostly rock songs, it kind of feels out of place. For the next album, I think they should dive deeper into the pop-rock or even just plain pop territory.

14. Filip

Honestly, because someone said "Oh No" sounded like One Direction a few pages ago.

And even more honestly, and God, I hate saying this: I've heard this album like 5 times today only and oh my fuck am I loving it. So...

I take it back.

15. Gibs

Filip, make up your damn mind over the album. :lol: Ya flip-flopping bastard ya.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  16. Filip

It's so bad.

I like it.

Why have they gone pop?

It's like an avalaaaaaanche.

This is fucking laughable.

I'll probably buy it.

17. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

:lol:

18. Filip

Story time, boys and girls.

"So, Filip, what do you think of the new Bring Me The Horizon album?"

I hear you begging, and I shall answer you. By naming all the stages of denial and acceptance through the past three months.

July 2015:

• get hyped as fuck at the teasing of the new album
    • love Happy Song
    • get hyped for Throne
    • be ultimately let down by Throne
    • start dreading the album

August 2015:

• be completely indifferent towards Bring Me The Horizon dropping a new album
    • absolutely hate True Friends
    • disown Bring Me The Horizon for all eternity
    • start secretly enjoying some parts of True Friends
    • swear to yourself to never admit to liking that shit
    • become a lame YouTube commenter who cries about the good old days
    • give up on the album

September 2015:

• have the album bug you for a week because you're not sure just how shitty it will be
    • listen to the album, be completely indifferent towards it
    • tell everyone you hate it
    • tell everyone you love it
    • tell everyone you hate it
    • tell everyone you love it
    • listen to the album non stop for three days
    • come to terms with being an Oli Sykes fangirl, admit to yourself you like the new album

And that, boys and girls, brings us to tonight, when I dun goofd, and ordered a signed copy of the album. YAAAAAAY.

Oh my God, I hate myself.

And that was another episode of longass posts no one reads, thank you for skipping it. :)

19. brady

I think there's something wrong with Filip mentally. We should find him some help.

20. Filip

Am I broken? What's the chance I will survive?