Fort Minor: September 8, 2015 - London, England

Discussion in 'News' started by Filip, Sep 7, 2015.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

[THUMB]http://www.lpassociation.com/upload/images/082515-185547_fortMinor.png[/THUMB]​

Linkin Park brought The Hunting Party Tour to a close last night in Rome, and now it's time for Fort Minor to do the same with their European Tour in London's Scala club.

This is Fort Minor's third show in London, and the fourth in England. The first two London shows happened in August and November of 2005, and the only England appearance outside of London happened in between those shows during 2005's Reading Festival. On the first show, they played only eight songs, one of which was a Styles of Beyond song. Back then, fans were most excited to hear "Dolla", "There They Go" and especially "Petrified", as this show happened before the release of Fort Minor's highly anticipated debut album "The Rising Tied". Unfortunately, no recordings from the show are on YouTube. There is a recording of the show on the Internet, but since it was recorded with a cellphone in 2005, the quality is so awful it's not even worth listening to. The band played this same setlist three days later during their Reading Festival performance, but amazingly, there are no videos from that either. Fort Minor returned to London in November of the same year and played a longer, 14 song set. At this show, Fort Minor played a shortened version of the Linkin Park & Jay-Z song "Numb/Encore" for the first time, probably not realizing that song would win a Grammy just a year later. It was also the first time that Fort Minor took an encore break during a show. Finally, there are some recordings of the show on YouTube, but I don't think they're good enough to be on the front page. You can check out Remember The Name and Enth E Nd by clicking on the links if static buzzing is your thing.

Fort Minor's last show was in Düsseldorf, where Mike played at the Rock im Sektor festival just a few hours before Linkin Park's headline slot. This happened only twice, at two shows of Summer Sonic 2006 in Japan. That's must've been a stressful time for Mike. Linkin Park and Fort Minor shows two days in a row and debuting "QWERTY"? Amazing. Anyway, the Rock im Sektor performance was also Fort Minor's first festival performance since 2006. This meant Mike had to play a shorter set, dropping "Dolla", "Waiting For The End/Hands Held High", "Castle of Glass/Kenji" and "Devil's Drop". This all makes sense. It was a much more straight up Fort Minor, hip hop show. What doesn't make so much sense is not performing the encore consisting of "Welcome" and "Remember The Name" during the Fort Minor set, but keeping them in the Linkin Park set. This was probably done because dropping them from the Linkin Park set would shorten the performance by almost 10 minutes, and with Joe's Solo Medley already missing, the show would feel incomplete. Regardless of this, it seems fans were extremely satisfied with the show. And how could they not be? I mean, just check out these performances of "High Voltage" and a personal favorite of mine, "High Road".

[video=youtube;Jmyuu4AbLk8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmyuu4AbLk8[/video]

I promised myself I wouldn't put "High Voltage" again, but damnit it's HD and has the entire new "Funky Rebel Outro".

[video=youtube;qZewEK4isXA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZewEK4isXA[/video]

:rastamike:

So what can we expect from tonights show? Well, probably a return of the set from Berlin. Most fans should be extremely satisfied, as that set is something to witness. However, there is a possibility that this is the last we see of Fort Minor for a long time once again. Back in June, when Mike brought back Fort Minor, he insisted the number of shows would be very limited, and that Fort Minor would just be following Linkin Park on tour and playing in between Linkin Park shows instead of embarking on a solo tour. This means we're more than likely to have to wait for the release of Linkin Park's seventh studio album before we see Fort Minor again, and even then, it's a big if. Hopefully, Mike's changed his mind since then, as I believe most (hardcore) fans would prefer seeing some Fort Minor activity instead of Linkin Park.

What do you think about all this? What is the future of Fort Minor? Will you be attending this show? Come discuss everything in our forums!

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Good-work, Robert!

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Yeahi am proud of you :chuck:

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Will be there! Should be a blast!

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Good job, Filip. This will be the first and last time that I compliment you. Or maybe it's even a hidden insult.

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

I'll be there too!

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

High Voltage?....

[​IMG]

No frickin way. Thank you Mike. Thank you. Awesome remix

Still crossing my fingers for a live performance of the original remix.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Wow, I thought you guys were all overhyping it but that "High Voltage"/"SUICIDE MUSIC"/"C.R.E.A.M." mash-up is fucking sick! :phone: That is some hip-hop right there

The "Cigarettes" outro is pretty intense. I think Shinoda's straight-up screaming by the end

TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

I'll be there, and at the Meet & Greet :D

bigbadboz

bigbadboz Active Member

I'm finishing work at 4.30pm, getting a train at 5pm and I'll be in London for 6.36pm.
    Have to get a train back at 10.25pm though as have work next day so hoping Mike will play from 9-10pm

m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Phenomenal.

Mike should stick at this whole making music thing, he seems alright at it.

master360

master360 Well-Known Member

give us a new FM project before LP7...

Snail

Give us a big hip-hop infused LP7 record.

minuteforce

I believe he's gonna make it big someday.

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Yeah, maybe he'll start a nu metal band.

:kappa:

minuteforce

ew

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

All these gigs and no album..... hard to believe.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

You better believe this shit.

Snail

Does anyone know where the instrumental behind the High Voltage track is from?

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

"Suicide Music" off The Raid: Redemption OST + samples of Wu-Tang Clan's "C.R.E.A.M." in the second verse. :)