Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Hybrid, Apr 10, 2014.

1. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Season 2 bloopers :>

[video]https://www.dailymotion.com/video/k7tZUVQ1agjCzpd6dB1[/video]

2. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Peter MacNichol (Ghostbusters) will be reprising his role of Dr. Elliot Randolph, an Asgardian hiding out on Earth, in the second episode of season three, "Purpose in the Machine," in which Fitz enlists his help.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  3. The Joesen One

I like that they're getting people back from the early one-off season 1 episodes. I really hope they do more stuff like this.

Also is it me or is the fact that Simmons is inside the ore similar to Graviton? I really hope Ian Quinn and Graviton will make appearances in season 3. I figured since the show became a lot more superpower-heavy, it would be logical to re-introduce Graviton.

4. Will

I've seen dozens of discussions over whether or not the monolith was actually the gravitonium but in side-by-side comparisons and whatnot they're actually not even remotely similar. The gravitonium was constantly shifting and changing whereas the monolith only changed shape when Inhumans were around (which is why a lot of people freaked out when it swallowed up Simmons), and they don't even really look all that similar besides. The last we see the gravitonium, Quinn's got it and is transporting it somewhere else (as far as I can remember). It's never mentioned again. But to expand on that, I've also seen dozens of discussions in which people have been saying they want Graviton to make an appearance and I agree, I think he should make an appearance, but he's always been an Avengers-level villain because of his sheer, raw power. I could see him appearing in a future Captain America movie because of the ties to S.H.I.E.L.D., but I don't think he'd work out on the small-screen because he's vastly more powerful than anyone on the show, unless they dumb his powers down, which would really hurt the character.

5. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I'm pumped for this season. Hopefully the premiere doesn't just tease us.

6. The Joesen One

Watch the opening moments of season 3

[video=youtube;oYf7tysI3ak]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYf7tysI3ak[/video]
    This season already looks very promising. The cinematography is extremely stylish this time around.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  7. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

It's kinda funny to see the evolution of this show. It started out as a deliberate attempt to not do a superhero show, and now, it's a full on superhero show. :lol: Can't wait to see what the rest of season 3 has to offer. And holy shit, that scene with Fitz pounding the Monolith? That was fucking powerful man. Iain De Caestecker's acting was ON FUCKING POINT in that scene.

8. travz21

So is Fitz no longer brain damaged? He seemed like a total boss with no hint of a disability. That last scene he had was sick.

Decent episode. It seemed way too cluttered with storylines, but at least there are a lot of good stories happening. Huge potential this year.

9. Will

I've been saying since the first season he's the best actor on the show with Brett Dalton. They're both utterly fantastic in their roles.

As far as I can tell he's just worked through it. You saw him getting through it last season. I'm sure there's a medical explanation for him regaining all his faculties, too. And of course, since it's a superhero show, the writers can fudge the science a bit anyway for the show itself; as great as Iain's been in the role I doubt anyone would've wanted to see Fitz struggling for an entire season again.

10. polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

I thought that episode was decent. Can't wait for next week!

Especially the extended bit with Jemma, ha.

11. Will

I watched the episode again. Iain's acting's through the roof in this episode. I've said it before and I'll say it again: He and Brett Dalton are hands-down the best actors on the show. There's no contest there.

This season's going to blow me away. I've got all kinds of theories for where they can take this story and I guarantee all of them are going to be wrong and they'll surprise the fuck out of me and I'll be awestruck.

I've completely rethought the Inhumans movie, though. Given that it's going to take 17 months and 21 days for the terrigen compound to completely saturate the ecosystem, and that Inhumans doesn't come out until after Infinity War – Part II, I can see Inhumans dealing with the rise of the Inhumans on Earth. Let's say they've got their own ways of monitoring the planet and suddenly their systems go berserk because of the exponential amount of Inhumans now inhabiting the planet. They'll need to send someone to investigate the planet to find out what the fuck's going on (since they made it clear they shut the project down). Kevin Feige's recently stated it's inevitable for the movies to reference the TV shows going forward, but I think they're going to go a step forward and have Daisy/Quake lead her team of Inhumans in the movie itself as the sort of bridging presence between Earth's Inhumans and the Inhuman representative sent to the planet. During the course of these events, we learn Earth's under threat from some sort of alien presence designed to eliminate Inhumans, sort of like Lash, but on a galactic scale. This will bring Black Bolt and the Inhuman Royal Family to Earth, or Quake and her Inhumans to the Inhuman home world. I'm looking at Inhumans to be less of a cap on Phase III and more of a lead-in to Phase IV and a Secret Invasion-style storyline for the Phase.

Of course, that's based solely on one episode of this season so far; the rest of the season could blow this idea out of the water.

12. The Joesen One

[video=youtube;_1pVV901uO4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1pVV901uO4[/video]

"I understand the need for these Secret Warriors..."

"these Secret Warriors..."

"....Secret Warriors...."

13. polleo

That was a different kind of episode than I'm used to. It seems to be building upto something.

Hmm, can't wait.

14. lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

I really liked the ending to that episode!! Can't wait for the next!!!

15. Will

This show is nuts. I can't handle it. I watched both episodes back to back just now and I'm just... holy smokes.

What a great way to start the season out. The tension. The drama. The goddamn witty fucking banter. I love it.

But I still hate May and hope Ward kills her before Hunter kills Ward, though. Then again, I find it highly unlikely Ward dies this season. There's no fucking chance, at all.

16. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

This Lincoln / Daisy romance feels incredibly forced. I'm not feeling any chemistry between them in the slightest.

17. Will

I'm inclined to agree. If the writers wanted to go that route, they should've done it last season. Doing it this season makes no sense, especially since Daisy and Lincoln hadn't seen each other in (presumably) months. Then again, I'm sort of holding out hope that Daisy was manipulating Lincoln in order to bring him in and keep him safe. As soon as she kissed him, he agreed to go with her. It makes sense to me, mainly because I ship Daisy and Mack, lol.

A lot of people on r/shield are predicting this ATCU/S.H.I.E.L.D. alliance will lead to the formation of S.W.O.R.D. and I'd be surprised if that's not where this leads, especially with Simmons saying she needs to go back to wherever the hell it is she was. Then again, there are a lot of people predicting Simmons is a Skrull impostor or however Skrulls work.

18. polleo

Dude, I think Skye and Lincoln are boring too but I was happy with what they did with Lincoln this week, added some personality and character development to him. And I like the direction they're taking with him. All these episodes are kinda low action and more focus and there's only like six characters on screen so it feels stable and seems like its building up to something, I'm excited. If it isn't building upto something? I'm still excited, haha.

EDIT: Didn't want to double post.

I REALLY HOPE THAT ANDREW ISN'T DEAD. COME ON SHIELD. Also wonder what Jemma has to say.

Also, WHO IS LASH?

Anyway, can't wait for next episode.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  19. travz21

Dat episode. Felt like a combo of LOST and Riddick. I'm more interested in that plot than anything the show has ever offered. Felt like a totally different show.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  20. polleo

Yeah, didn't see that coming at all. What an episode. This season's been pretty good.

There's one thing though? Why did Jemma wake up with a knife the other day as if she used to be hunted (You get what I am trying to say) when that didn't really happen exactly?