Greetings fellow Linkin Park fans!

Discussion in 'Newbie Camp' started by KarL_LewiS, Oct 1, 2015.

KarL_LewiS

KarL_LewiS Musician

Hello everyone, I'm Karl! I'm a 17 year old guy from Scranton PA (yes that city where The Office takes place :D), and Linkin Park has been my favorite band since I first heard What I've Done at the end of Transformers back in 2007. I was more of a casual fan then until I heard Living Things in 2012. That album changed my life. I had never heard anything like it; that summer it was the only album I listened to. After that, I listened to LP's other albums and immediately fell in love with every single one of them. The hype leading up to The Hunting Party in 2014 was a great time, and when the album came out I loved every minute of it as well! I'm extremely passionate about video games and music, particularly singing (I'm the singer in an alt/hard rock band) and guitar. My other favorite bands include 30 Seconds to Mars (I love them almost as much as LP), Breaking Benjamin (they're local and awesome; my band gave their bassist our CD; they're still on tour as of now so I doubt they've had time to listen to it yet but yeah still pretty cool!), Rise Against (I was gonna see them and LP in January 2015 in Hershey PA but Chester broke his ankle the WEEK before my show. Still not over it...), Foo Fighters, Three Days Grace, Pink Floyd, Nirvana, Radiohead etc. Basically modern rock and alt rock lol.

The band's music helped me through many different situations in my life between 2012 and now; the awkwardness of my freshman year in high school, the passing of my beloved grandmother, my first relationship that ended quite badly, and various other things. I really and truly feel a connection with the band's songs, particular the lyrics and vocals of Chester. He's always been what's made me love the band so much; whether it be his cheesy, angsty screaming and belting on Hybrid Theory and Meteora his beautiful, passionate singing with incredibly emotional and relatable lyrics on (most of) Minutes to Midnight, A Thousand Suns, and Living Things, and his mix of singing, screaming, and harmonizing on Minutes to Midnight, Living Things and The Hunting Party, I love EVERYTHING he does. Chester has had an incredible influence on me, causing me to stop hiding my vocal abilities and putting myself out there for others to hear and overcome my stage fright. If it weren't for Linkin Park, I wouldn't be in a band; the band's rythm guitarist heard my cover of Leave Out All the Rest that I put on Instagram and was so impressed at how much I sounded like Chester that he asked me to join the band. I also wouldn't be playing guitar without Brad's work on The Hunting Party. The songs are all moderately difficult so they were perfect for a beginner guitarist to learn.

Currently my favorite LP album is A Thousand Suns because of how absolutely brilliant the song writing and production is, as well as the lyrics that take me on this incredible story in my mind every time I listen to it. Living Things was my favorite for a while, then Minutes to Midnight, then The Hunting Party (which is now my second favorite). I love both Hybrid Theory and Meteora as well but in my opinion they aren't anywhere near as good as MTM and on.

That's really everything I guess xD

I'm looking forward to having discussions about the band on here with all of you! :D

-KarL

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

This is probably the first time I've seen someone say that they became a fan because of "Living Things". It's definitely the first time I've seen someone say that "Living Things" changed their life, haha

Welcome to the community!

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Welcome! :)

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Welcome :) Enjoy the LPA.

Btw: Nice Music Taste: Rise Against, Three Days Grace, Pink Floyd, Foo Fighters :D

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

Some guy will be here soon to offer you cookies

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Welcome! Glad to have you around!

Not that surprised that you found Living Things a life-changing album, unlike Tony up there. :rolleyes:

While the first album I hyped and awaited the release of by LP was ATS, Living Things was a big influence on me and helped me through a difficult freshman year because of my naivety and awkwardness. Lost in the Echo was just so great in those days.

KarL_LewiS

KarL_LewiS Musician

Thanks for all the welcomes guys! :D Im already having a lot of fun here!

Halfway Dwight

Halfway Dwight We are the fortunate ones.

Welcome! I hope you have a a good time here.

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Hey! Its nice to have newbies again!

Welcome!

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

Booyah!!!

Welcome, Karl!

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Welcome to the LPA, new person!

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Welcome to the LPA!

KarL_LewiS

KarL_LewiS Musician

Thanks for the welcomes guys!

You guys should all check out the band I sing for!