Music Hearts Unknown (f.k.a Ten Stories) Thread

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by KarL_LewiS, Oct 1, 2015.

KarL_LewiS

KarL_LewiS Musician

Hello all! :)

I recently was recruited to join a band made up of one my co-worker's boyfriend and a few of his friends to be the lead vocalist! (Kinda like how Chester was recruited to sing for Xero haha)

After I met up with the band and rehearsed some songs, we went into the studio for 15 hours the next day and recorded a 4 track EP. It was a lot of hard work but the results were worth it. We named our band Ten Stories after brainstorming a lot of other names. Our EP consists of 4 alternative/hard rock songs with melodic singing (by me!), screaming (our rhythm guitar player), varied guitar riffs, and fast paced drumming. The songs are really upbeat, catchy, cathartic, (lol) and even progressive at times.

Basically, if you like Linkin Park (which if you don't, why are you on the LPA?), you will most likely enjoy our EP. My singing voice naturally sounds similar to Chester's; a few of my friends have told me that their parents/siblings thought they were listening to The Hunting Party when they [my friends] were listening to our EP. Its not exactly like THP by any means, but its a similar genre/sound

You can check out our EP on the band's SoundCloud:

https://soundcloud.com/ten-stories

Linkin Park gained popularity by posting on forums of similar artists, so I figured I'd try that out here on the LPA and on the LPU first. If you enjoy our music, please take the time to leave a comment or review on this post or on the songs themselves on SoundCloud, and tell your friends! Spread the word, help us get ourselves out there so we can share our music with as many people as possible!

We appreciate any form of constructive feedback so we can continue to improve as musicians. Tell us what you liked, didn't like, hated, loved etc.

Thanks!

-Karl

logo.png

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
    Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Your guitar tone reminds of All Hope Is Gone-era Slipknot, which I really like. I think you guys sound great. Your voice is great, your screamer can scream. Your drummer drums fast and in rhythm, which is always a plus. I feel like you could let your bassist shine a little more and I just really wish you guys used backing vocals more often, I just love harmonies. But hey, I'm just pushing it there and just trying to satisfy my own desires. :lol:

Rating: If this was an album on the market I'd buy it/10

KarL_LewiS

KarL_LewiS Musician

Our bassist didnt play on this he joined after we made it xD

The two guitar players played bass which is why the bass riffs are barebones. I havent met him yet but ive heard hes amazing so Im excited.

We all love harmonies and different types of music so we plan to write a whole bunch of different types of songs. All four of these songs were written in the drummer's vocal key (which is WAYYYYY lower than mine) and before I even joined the band. I cant wait to use my voice to its full potential on the stuff we're writing now.

I sent On You Go to my local rock radio station (97.9x, the same one Breaking Benjamin debuted on) and they might play it this Sunday. I havent heard back from them yet about it getting airtime but one of the hosts said she'd pass it on to the host of the local hour. Fingers crossed. We wanna play some acoustic shows too since our drummer and lead guitarist are away at college til the winter.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Man, thats some pretty awesome stuff my ears heared. On You Go is so great. You did a fantastic job. I followed you on Facebook now. Hope you will get some chances to get bigger. I think you have the talent for it.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I feel like you guys have a lot of potential. I enjoy all of these tracks (for me to check out an entire EP from an LPA member is really a rarity, and I did it here). Some advice - although it's pretty good, it's still terribly generic. Sounds a lot like Of Mice and Men. With recording of future music, try to really step into your own zone, basically try to do tracks, or moments in tracks that sound like nothing else. I feel with more moments like that, you could really get big. :)

KarL_LewiS

KarL_LewiS Musician

Haha thanks I'm glad you enjoyed it!

We were kinda just testing the waters with this (hence why its only four tracks). I kinda like to think of it as the equivalent of the 4 track demo tape Xero made. We've already got LOTS of new ideas that combine various genres and styles of music to make us sound less generic. :D thank you though!!!!

KarL_LewiS

KarL_LewiS Musician

You guys can download the songs on our ReverbNation page here if you would like! :D

Captain-EO

Maybe if you added a DJ to the group...

:kappa:

KarL_LewiS

KarL_LewiS Musician

LOL

Our drummer is also a pianist and he wrote this AMAZING piano ballad. He wrote all the lyrics for the EP songs too (and obvi the drum parts). We all love acoustic music too so our next release will have dat shite :D

KarL_LewiS

KarL_LewiS Musician

We were on the radio this morning and the host ACTUALLY ANNOUNCED US! The only other bands he announced were Motionless in White (they're local too) and some other band that's been around here for 5+ years.

Captain-EO

You guys should make sure not to stick to generic power chord and hardcore-influenced stuff.

You could always add some wobbles in for good measure :p

KarL_LewiS

KarL_LewiS Musician

Lol we ain't we're gonna add other stuff in addition to power chords bc power chords are fuckin fun man :D

LazorCozmic

LazorCozmic Banned

[​IMG]

KarL_LewiS

KarL_LewiS Musician

thank you!

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

YOU!
    Deserve to go big!!!

MILK DEM DOLLARS,SON!! :kappa:

But seriously, you and your comrades have done awesome work, salute!

KarL_LewiS

KarL_LewiS Musician

thaaank ya :D

Captain-EO

So much attention...

I need to join a band so I can get replies in my thread :lol:

KarL_LewiS

KarL_LewiS Musician

Or make a thread about this band to call more attention to us :p

:lol:

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

But this wouldnt put Chris in the middle of the happening :leo:

:lol:

Captain-EO

I know, I'll cover their songs! Double promotion!

:rofl: