First Linkin Park song you've heard?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by SPARTAN01, Oct 12, 2015.

SPARTAN01

SPARTAN01 Member

First song I heard by them was the demo version of High Voltage in Hybrid Theory EP

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

In The End in 2009. I wasnt that much in music, especially in rock music. But after i heared this tune, the whole thing changed :lol:

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Yeah In The End was the first one I heard. At first the rapping kind of scared me because I was young and hadn't listened to any before listening to this haha... I remember thinking Chester's part was so cool. A few years later I heard What I've Done, and the rest is history.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Papercut

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Same for me. My brother showed me bits of their hits (on loud speaker on an iPod haha) in 2008/09 (New Divide had come out but ATS hadn't), and he went out and bought HT. First album I ever listened to from front to back on my first listen, was instantly hooked. Listened to it while playing Metroid Prime 3 on the Wii. :rolleyes:

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

...Am I the only one just a little skeptical that this guy's first song he heard by LP was the original High Voltage?

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

This is a person who listens to "So Far Away" and hears Kurt Cobain. Pointing something like this out is kind of meaningless now :p

But it's not impossible. I mean, the first LP song I ever heard was "Pictureboard" in 1999, when I was eight years old. /s

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Well, duh. The first Linkin Park song I heard was Refugee via limewire, wasn't that everyone's? :kappa:

[video=youtube;TgvFVbNIjvc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgvFVbNIjvc[/video]

..........A Place For My Head in 2005 :lol:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

That's not Refugee, that's What I've Done! lol I can still hear this song in my head after I listen to What I've done, I used to listen to both back to back just because I never deleted that song and it was also named What I've done. But yeah WID was the first song I heard, and I heard it because of the first TF movie.

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

I probably listened to Linkin Park a few times unknowingly before I got into them, on the radio and so on. (Later I realized those songs where In The End, What I've Done, New Divide and probably some more.)

Then a friend introduced me to LP by listening to Hybrid Theory all the time. I didn't really get into it, while I also didn't really listen to certain interprets or music in general before. The songs were so rough, but after hearing them a few times, I felt a certain fascination for them, which I barely perceive today anymore. Crawling and By Myself probably have the highest potential to bring me into this mood again, but it doesn't happen too often.
    Do you guys know that? The feeling you had when you first listened to a song you would love later on, and all the memories connected with it? And the experience that these feelings vanish more and more and those songs just become ordinary? It's a bit sad I must say, with this memories also a certain part of my youth vanishes.

Anyway, soon A Thousand Suns got released and my friend also listened to it. Despite my friend preferring the "old" LP back then, that's when I really got into them.
    So the first song of LP I ever listened to willingly, by myself, was Burning in the Skies. And boy, was it good. It was wonderful. That's why I looked it up on Youtube when I got home from my friend, starting my ride with LP. The lyrics were fascinating, and the melody was heavenly. :cry:

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Probably One Step Closer or another Hybrid Theory single. Hard to say since I wasn't into music back then as a child. Numb was the first song that made me stop and say "Whoa who are these guys? I need to listen to this song on repeat until my ears bleed".

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

See, I went through that with "In The End" in 2001/2002, except it was actually on all the damn time so I wasn't starving for it in the slightest.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

"In The End" back in 2007 or 2008. Pretty defining moment for my music taste. Doomed to like shit forever. :kappa:

Interestingly enough, I've known "Petrified", "Believe Me", "Remember The Name" and for some reason, the fan made "Spell It Out" back in 2005/06 through an older friend. I didn't make the connection between the two til like 2009/10.

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Numb. I instantly liked it.

Pretty much it.

Captain-EO

I think the first I actually heard was Faint in 2009.

Boy was I late to the party.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

https://youtu.be/IdtKbq3Omkw

Captain-EO

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Numb. In 2005. The song got me into music, basically.

diehardlpfan77

diehardlpfan77 Well-Known Member

points of authority.

abbaslp

abbaslp Fortyoneaxes

i think it was 'crawling' in youtube suggestions..........then i clicked it and got shocked cuz i was not into rock music in 2011,i thought my lyf got imprinted to the sng and it gave hope to me........then i got too interest in this band and later became a lp soldier.......................i heard new divide but never noticed in tf movie.........i was huge tf fan at tht time