Linkin Park set to play BlizzCon 2015 on November 7

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Oct 20, 2015.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

[thumb]http://www.lpassociation.com/upload/images/102015-195626_CRxqQjbVEAAmMOj.jpg:large[/thumb]​

Linkin Park has just announced that they will be the closing act at this years BlizzCon. BlizzCon is a convention held by the games company Blizzard, known for making games such as World of Warcraft.

About the event, from Blizzard on their offical site:
    Linkin Park will play on Saturday, November 7. Ticketys for the event has been sold out but you can purchase a Virtual Ticket over at their website. You can then watch the full event be streamed live from your home or whenever you have internet access. That will include the Linkin Park concert.

Are you going to this? Will you be watching from home? Come and discuss in our forums.

Source: Linkin Park Twitter

Bawa

Bawa Could wait to see tomorrow.

Damnit, now I *HAVE* to get my digital pass >.<

Try-hard Chimi

Try-hard Chimi Well-Known Member

to watch it you will still need virtual ticket (29.99 euros), disappointing

Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Damn, that's pretty dope. It'd be cool if Mike did a Fort Minor intermission in the set so we could finally get some proshot footage of his new stuff. Don't think he's been doing that in a while, though, so it's a long shot. P:

Scott D

Scott D Well-Known Member

Damn, my favorite band and my favorite gaming company, too bad I can't go but I might have to buy the virtual ticket like Bawa.

lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

I remember in 2013 after Blink-182 came to Blizzcon hoping that Linkin Park would perform there and now here we are!!!!!!!!!!!!

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

$40 for a virtual ticket.................wtf

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

For the whole two day event, not just the LP show.

I wonder how long the show will be? Will it be a full 90 minute set or will it be a "just the hits" performance with like 7-10 songs performed? They are the closing act of the con(according to themselves) so does that mean that they get 90 minutes? I hope so.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

I'm aware of that. I suppose if you're a die hard fan of those games and Linkin Park, but it still doesn't seem worth it at all.
    Anyway, not sure if this is anything to go by, but when the performed at Comic Con last year, they had a 30 minute set consisting of an 8 songs.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

The sets are roughly an hour long. Sometimes 10-20 minutes longer, but never less. The Foos, for instance, had a 16-song setlist including the encore. If you take those 16 songs and add them together, add about 10 minutes for various extended intros, bridges, and outros that the Foos were prone to doing during the Wasting Light tour at the time, and you come up with an hour and 20 minutes.

Basically, you'll be getting a shortened set by LP standards.

EDIT: It should also be noted that virtual passes also get you exclusive in-game items for various Blizzard games. Examples range from pets in World of Warcraft, Starcraft portraits, banner options and whatnot in D3, etc. Here's a link of the other stuff you'd be getting this year: http://us.battle.net/blizzcon/en/blog/19888091/blizzcon-2015-in-game-goodies-round-up-9-21-2015

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
    Bawa

Bawa Could wait to see tomorrow.

I was entirely intent on skipping a digital ticket for the event this year, but I can't quite resist it now D: