Daniel P. Carter interview with Mike Shinoda on Sunday, October 25.

Discussion in 'News' started by Filip, Oct 21, 2015.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

BBC Radio 1 host Daniel P. Carter has stated on Twitter that he would have a "big" interview with Mike about the Hybrid Theory anniversary on Sunday, October 25, a day after the 15th anniversary of the albums release. It's unknown if Mike will just talk about the album or announce some sort of celebration, but we'll find out soon enough. With some luck, we may even get some information on the new album. You can listen to Carter's Rock Show, which begins at 7pm GMT here or via the TuneIn Radio app on iOS or Android.

What do you think will Mike announce? Excited? Join the discussion in our forums!

Source: Daniel P. Carter Twitter

crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

Nice. I'll be tuning in to hear if anything interesting will be mentioned.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

I feel like new album should be auto-bolded whenever anyone says it.

Filip

Apparently, I feel the same way. :)

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that the new album will be a tribute to Hybrid Theory mix with A Thousand Suns quality.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

I have a feeling the new album will sound nothing like the others, just as they have been doing.

TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

I don't think this will be much. As far as I know, this show is actually pre-recorded in the week leading up to when it airs. If Mike announces anything of note, I'm sure it will leak beforehand haha

Elaine

Fixed that for you.

Orena

Orena LP soldier, Writer

I'm hoping for some unreleased, never-heard-before demos or video footage from the HT era.

Elaine

Well, November is next month. So you might get your wish with LPUXV.

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Wooow, its been a year. Feels like it was just yesterday I was defending Mike's singing on that BTH demo track that everyone was making fun of.

Elaine

Aye!

Honestly, I kind of hope we do get some HT era style stuff from it. But instead of it being the usual stuff, it being soft stuff they may have made. Kind of like the reverse of LPUXIV. Where the point of LPUXIV was (to me at least) to prove that during the period where LP were considered "softer", they were still making earmeltingly hard demos, the point of LPUXV could potentially prove that nu-metal wasn't all they were making in the HT era. Though it wouldn't surprise me if the vaults of that era were already mostly exhausted.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

I have a feeling that we will get another okay album with bunch of songs with intro-verse-chorus-verse-bridge-chorus structure, maybe a song or two with a different structure, couple of songs about politics, maybe some about relationships, abstract stuff... and Mike rapping about how badass he is.

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

As a five-star general, infantry controller you just have to radiate some authority. :lol:
    Well, I hope you are wrong. But it might very well be true.
    Whatever happens, we'll all be eager to finally learn what this album will bring this time, I'm sure. Anticipation for something often is more fun than what you are actually waiting for, after all. :lol:

mastae

mastae Some Honky

Seriously -- this has been the general structure for the last 2 albums. I got really nervous when LT came out since it seemed like such a gross step back for LP developmentally. THP is cool in that it's sonically different from LT, but even songs like A Line in the Sand, which go outside their normal structure, are such a chore to listen to compared to The Little Things Give You Away, which, while a softer song, remained exciting throughout.

While it was in a style that's not "in," it wasn't very daring sonically, which is why, inevitably, I think it didn't sell well. If they're going to do another experimental record, I'd like something a bit more daring, a bit more out there. Something that makes me think, "Damn this is different for them!" which is how I felt when I heard What I've Done, The Catalyst, Waiting for the End, and admittedly, Guilty All the Same.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Hybrid Theory + Meteora = Core Sound

Minutes to Midnight + A Thousand Suns = Experimental Sound

LIVING THINGS + The Hunting Party = New Core/Experimental Sound

LP7 = ???

iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Lift me up, Let me go

I completely disagree, I find A Line in the Sand is exciting throughout, while the first half the TLTGYA is pretty boring, and the last few minutes are all that comes anywhere close to being exciting.

bigbadboz

bigbadboz Active Member

Possibly, but DPC was also at the Fort Minor in London show last month as I saw him go through a side entrance whilst queueing up outside

Filip

The FM Scala show was also announced by Carter, when Mike phoned in to his show.

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

I think LT and THP both had a mix. To me, ALITS is really exciting the whole way through, it's become one of my favourite heavy LP songs ever (although, admittedly, I prefer TLTGYA). While I much prefer their MTM/ATS sound personally, I respect that GATS, War, MTG, and ALITS are all really interesting songs that just so happen to be heavy.

Although, yes, I agree, THP suffers from not being daring enough, I feel a band like LP can't really offer much that hasn't been done before in heavy music without amazing instrumentalists. I think they have a much higher capacity to produce interesting, daring, and experimental content when they're focussing more on soundscapes, etc. rather than guitar solos and riffs. Even in 2014 they proved this to me, the Mall soundtrack has a lot of content that, if refined, could potentially make a really good album. I'm just afraid that they'll be too afraid to put that sort of almost ambient, slow paced music on an album, even though we know they can still write it. I get the impression that to them, they'd rather put good "Linkin Parky" songs on an album than more alternative, experimental songs, which I understand, but it can be a bit frustrating sometimes. :lol:

(Just to clarify, I still like THP, I just feel like they don't offer much that other bands in that genre don't already provide).