The Hollywood Undead thread

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Hishaminayat, Jan 27, 2015.

1. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Lol. You've never listened to their songs, and you've never gone to their concerts. So again, you don't really know what you're talking about :lol:. One of the main appeals of this band is the banter they've written in their verses, in addition to the live experience of them screwing around on stage. That's what I mean by the characters they built. Not just them fucking dressing up and giving themselves nicknames.

2. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Shouldn't the main appeal of the band be their music, not their persona? It's the main reason I hate the band. Sure, it may be entertaining, but it doesn't make up for their shitty music. I wouldn't know of their "banter" because their music gives me no motivation to explore them any further. They're more a gimmick than musicians.

3. brady

"One of the main appeals..."

4. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Sure, but the fact that they have to have a gimmicky persona to draw in more appeal is a problem. If your music is good enough, you don't need it. That's why I fucking hate bands like this, Gwar, Slipknot, etc. I guess it comes down to that I value the music itself more than anything, which is always subjective.

5. brady

I mean, I'm not entirely a huge fan of those songs, but I'd be lying if I said that I skip those types of songs every time they come up. I can still dig songs like "Lump Your Head" depending on my mood. I prefer their "darker" songs, I guess you could say. Part of my teenage angst :kappa:

6. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Suddenly the tone changes. :kappa:

I agree with Gibs. What I've heard of HU I haven't liked.

*pokes fire*

7. brady

Sing really feels like a Christmas song for some reason. Eh, I'll add it to my Christmas playlist.

8. Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

Anyone hear Deuce's new album? It's actually kind of good. At worst it's ok, which is fucking great by his standards.