LPU15 Is Out

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Nov 25, 2015.

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

Chance of Rain lyrics:

She had never really understood
    She demanded her respects
    Twenty years of falling under foot
    Twenty reasons to regret

You were looked for what you couldn't see
    Scared to be what she became
    She would tell you what you couldn't be
    And only had yourself to blame

Alone again
    You tried to disappear
    And hold it in
    Pretending not to hear

This voice without a sound
    Voice that tears you down

You're trying not to fear
    Saying this is in your head
    But it whispers in your ear
    Saying this is what you get

She was ready with a penalty
    When eventually you'd fall
    She was there inside your memory
    Saying this was all your fault

Alone again
    You tried to disappear
    And hold it in
    Pretending not to hear

This voice that tears you down
    That it whispers in your ear
    That this is what you get

Alone again
    It's all becoming clear
    You hold it in
    Pretending not to hear

Voice without a sound

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Disregarding the issue of leaks, though, it's a great way to keep fanclub members engaged and interested throughout the year. And that's on top of what seems to be a solid LPU CD offering, based on the response I'm seeing for this year's EP. And, then, there are the bundle prices too. They're doing a good job of setting this year apart from previous ones.

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

Well, this could be the case. I must admit that I myself often just listen to music on Youtube (also LPU CDs). I just can't afford buying every single CD and being member all the time to buy these. Though this can't be considered piracy really, I think, it takes away much of the exclusiveness of the LPU CDs, that's true.

Considering they actually lowered the prices, they might not make too less profits, after all. Though this could also lead to more sales this year. I'm for the first time really considering the package, because for its contents it is really cheap. They did a good job at making it more affordable and worth its price. The only concern I have are shipping costs and taxes / customes. I wish LPU would also have an European base, so all Europeans would have less problems with these things.

tfae

tfae The Graves Marker

Chance of Rain is like a soft version of She Couldn't and a twin version of Across the Line.

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

This was a pretty smart move. Not only are the flexible prices much more inciting, but releasing the other songs bimonthly insures fans stay around instead of just using the trial or pirating. It gives us something to look forward to and discuss, plus it'll help ease the wait until their next album and LPU CD. I hope the next demos are actually worth the wait though, I don't think they'd make us wait 2 months at a time just to give us a 45 second demo (Or would they?).

It's really neat to see them still releasing pre-HT demos, and "Animals" is the highlight for me, it's like an edgier "Until it Breaks". Overall, I think this is much better than LPU XIV and we're only half way through. Next year should be jam packed with LP content if their next studio album is out then along with the other half of LPU 15, as well as presumably the first half of LPU 16.

minuteforce

I think I'd be fairly willing to forgive even if the upcoming tracks are subpar somehow ... so long as they're not house remixes of "Burn It Down" or whatever. :)

Jack_Farrell

Hopefully they're saving the best for last.

Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

I bet who wrote this was watching soccer. (Probably Phoenix)

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I wonder if this is any hint at the art style of the next album, like how LPU IX had a similar art style to THP, and LPU12 had a similar art style to Living Things.

TEGCRocco

TEGCRocco The LPL Invader

12 and 14 were recycled art from those albums, so it's no wonder why they have similar styles :p The "off year" LPUs (11, 13, 15 etc.), usually have their own style. I wouldn't say LP7 will follow this style just based on 14 and 12.

unity7985

unity7985 Well-Known Member

I have no idea how people could be happy with this years lpu. Jesus these demos are just bad. Ive given up any hope to hear that meteora demo or grecian.

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

We still have 6 more left, but I doubt they'll be apart of that. I'd love to hear the rest of the Meteora demo that was in the Making of Meteora, if that's the one you're referring to. I can understand why many would be disappointed, especially when we have to wait an entire year just to hear the last demo. Which sucks for those who want the physical copy and only get half of it. I'm fine it, it gives me something to look forward to.

But yeah, where is the Meteora demo, Grecian, Thoughts That Take Away My Pride, Pictureboard, etc? Are they saving them or have they somehow lost them?

Edit: Forgot that Pictureboard might simply not be possible do to a number of reasons.

Jack_Farrell

Pictureboard will never be released at this point, unless it exists on a sampler tape somewhere. Grecian was never finished, the only one with actual hopes of being released is Thoughts and even after so many years it's complicated, lol.

Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Well, today marks a milestone for me. I just purchased my first ever LPU membership! I went with the $40 LPU 15 Bundle, as I thought it had enough content to justify the price. I also chose a physical copy of the CD, so I'll have to wait a little longer to listen to the full songs (legitimately).

Was anyone else surprised that we weren't given the option to at least download one song from the CD if we chose the physical edition? I scanned my confirmation e-mail, hoping to find an instant download.

MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

Some corrections in the lyrics:

She had never really understood
    She demanded her respects
    Twenty years of falling under foot
    Twenty reasons to regret

You would look for what you couldn't see
    Scared to be what she became
    She would tell you what you couldn't be
    And why you had yourself to blame

Alone again
    You tried to disappear
    And hold it in
    Pretending not to hear

She was ready with your penalty
    When eventually you'd fall
    She was there inside your memory
    Saying this was all your fault

Alone again
    You tried to disappear
    And hold it in
    Pretending not to hear

Alone again
    It's all becoming clear
    You hold it in
    Pretending not to hear

Voice without a sound
    This voice without a sound (voice without a sound)
    Voice without a sound (voice without a sound)

Also, "Animals" really doesn't sound like it came from 2001 era LP, fits more with LT material imo...

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
    TEGCRocco

TEGCRocco The LPL Invader

It's from 2011. It's just a typo on the releases page. The store page has it right, I believe.

unity7985

unity7985 Well-Known Member

Well the grecian we heard on the mtm making of had chester screaming and sounded way more complete than some of the demos we have gotten so I dont see why there is no chance of getting it. Like you said obviously its not finished that's why its a demo. And that meteora demo continues to confuse me as to why its never been released. The fact it was featured on the making of meteora They obviously must of thought it was decent. I remember being so dissapointed it wasn't on meteora and every lpu so far. I wonder if maybe they are holding on to it because they might use it for a future album or something. I wish I could talk to the one of the members and get a concrete answer on it.
    Went back and was listening to last years lpu which was pretty damn good and realized how many of the 2008,09 demos were pretty heavy on the guitars! I wonder why brad sticks to such a limited amount of chords and structures. I can totally see how it could get boring as a guitar player that way. But when I feel that way it pushes me to get better and try new things which in turn makes it fun again. I never could understand how brad could just disregard his instrument like that. At least he brought it back on THP I just hope it got him excited about playing and writing on guitar again. I think the band feel the fans expect a certain guitar sound from the band and yes they are right about that. But I think the fans would be totally open to a more diversified guitar album. keep that heavy,wall of sound guitar but some more intricate riffs and different chord voicing would go a long way and I think fans would love it! I'm not talking crazy technical stuff. Plus it would give brad a whole new creative avenue for his instrument of choice and the entire band. They went crazy experimenting with the digital stuff so why not take that mindset and just use the instruments they started the band with.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
    minuteforce

Well, who knows how the band selects tracks for these things? Could be that they simply don't want the entire tracks heard

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of demos in general so I'm not fussed.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

It's also entirely possible that the band doesn't have convenient access (or access at all) to every single piece of music they've ever recorded. The recordings of Slip and Blue on LPU 11 had been completely lost/forgotten for years until Mike found them on a CD in a random box in his closet in 2011. They've been a lot more meticulous about stuff in the post-Minutes to Midnight era, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they have no idea where some of their earlier demos even are.

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

these are all horrible