LPU15 Is Out

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Nov 25, 2015.

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Also, is it even the band that chooses these demos? Didn't Mike act surprised at finding out that the BTH demo on last years CD was released, or at least he said something that gave me the impression the band probably didn't choose them all. One of the note on LPU12 from Brad or whoever says something like "I don't think I've ever heard this one!", which made it sound like someone just went through the band's old files and picked one Brad didn't even know about.

It does amaze me how much material they still have, like how are we still getting demos from before MTM that are developed to the point of vocals? lol

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I think it's just that not every band member is involved all the time throughout the whole process. That's what I gather from comments like that

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Well, as we know, there were 100+ of demos in the M2M process :lol:

jouki

jouki Well-Known Member

ANIMALS - the next song with illuminati's lyrics

diehardlpfan77

diehardlpfan77 Well-Known Member

i had high hopes for this album, and I'm not sure what happened, it's just kind of bland.

Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Hmm, it seems to me that there is quite a mixed reaction from the first half of this LPU release. I must admit that I may have been riding the hype train a little too long before I made my purchase and have only listened to the previews once. They all sounded pretty good on the first listen, so I'll see if they hold up on the second listen.

Update: I just listened to all the previews again, and they all sounded just as good as the first time. The variation of beat patterns and rhythms really surprised me. I found myself head-bobbing along to all the Pods demos. ANIMALS and Basil sound especially promising to me. Chance of Rain could be one the "cleanest" performances from Chester we've heard in a while, at least on LPU CDs (maybe even cleaner than any of the "soft" songs on THP :))

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
    Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

The demos sound like demos, that's why they are, well, demos. If they were that amazing they would have made the album. LPU members are spoilt in respects to getting to hear unreleased material, the sheer volume that's been put out over the years is impressive. And were Grecian or Thoughts That Take Away My Pride in any way finished, or were they just clips of random ideas that never really got anywhere? You only hear a few seconds of both.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

It was pretty much Mike and Adam who handled the LPU CDs when Adam was still working for LPU, as far as I know. I'd imagine the same is true now just with Lorenzo in Adam's place. I don't recall Mike commenting on the BTH demo at all.

mastae

mastae Some Honky

Uhm are people seriously upset by this release? Remember when some LPU CD's only had live tracks? This is fucking great -- 6 demos! Animals was great -- I know they probably did away with it for sounding too "nu-metal" but Animals is where I expected them to go after Meteora.

Pod 2 is my favorite of the pods. They sound borderline Aphex Twin-ish and I kind of wish they did some instrumental stuff like this on their albums. Stuff like Tinfoil and the stuff on ATS, while I love those tracks, sometimes feel a little too polished. These pods have that grimey industrial sound that I think would really gel with some of their other material.

Chance of Rain is a jam but it doesn't have enough variety to warrant album inclusion. Still, if this got developed further, it could be a really solid track!

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

Animal is from 2011... ;)

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Dammit LP, your typos are fucking with people.

TEGCRocco

TEGCRocco The LPL Invader

I think he knows. What he meant was Animals would have been a natural progression from Meteora, but it was ditched for sounding too nu-metal in the post-MTM era. I think.

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

Well, I think you are right. This typo is really confusing me, indeed. :lol:

I think I should finally give Animals a listen, but I'm still thinking about buying that package. Everything I heard from Animals right now is the snippet from the trailer.

TheInterframe

TheInterframe Well-Known Member

Just heard Pods (3 of 3), you can hear some Coal samples within it, it's pretty cool, Pods 2 is probably my favorite

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Chance of Rain is cool.

tfae

tfae The Graves Marker

I'm a bad fan. I know nothing about Pictureboard.
    Can you please tell me? (You can send me a PM to not go off topic). :)

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

"Pictureboard" is the name of a Xero demo that was mentioned once or twice by the band many years ago. Due to sample clearance issues, the band hasn't been allowed to release it, and, frankly, I doubt they'd be much interested even without that obstacle. We joke about how obscure it is and how hardxcore fans want to hear it really badly. People close to the band have described it as unremarkable and disappointing.

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

The Pods are Pictureboard.

:kappa:

tfae

tfae The Graves Marker

I've been reading jokes about Pictureboard for AGES, but never found or asked for a context. I'm a better fan now.
    Thank you, kind sir.

20. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Pictureboard will continue to be a real mystery at this point, except to the select individuals that minuteforce mentioned that actually heard the damn song.