What can we expect on LP7?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by MattLP, Nov 16, 2015.

Arachnids

Arachnids The way out is through...

Linkin Park going Industrial Rock on LP7 would make me really, really happy. They've used Industrial elements in a lot of their songs (old and new), and honestly, they're pretty good at it.

[video=youtube;NgOW8wJCC-k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgOW8wJCC-k[/video]

Something along these lines, but more experimental.

master360

master360 Well-Known Member

I don't want another ATS but something creative like that

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Never heard that before, sounds sick. Definitely very nĂ¼ metal, but it sounds good.

Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Catharsis is a real jam of a track! I was hoping it could be downloaded from Mike's Soundcloud page, but I didn't see any place to do that.

Does anyone know if this song was ever officially made available to download? I mean, did Mike ever have it freely available at some point? If I choose to download it, I want to make sure it's at a safe/official site.

violentrl

violentrl Member

Sorry for wanting more rawness and better musicianship from them.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Opinions.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I like the heavy stuff on "The Hunting Party". I don't especially like that rmx. The original song's beat is a bit more interesting to me sonically, and not even the best rmx will make up for the lyrics.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I like the lyrics :shrug:

Seriously though, they're not as bad as people make them out to be. But I can agree that the remix was nothing special. I much prefer the sound of the original. While I do like THP, the guys (mainly Mike) have been able to make some very interesting and cool electronic beats, and often their more raw beats have been quite boring (though many songs on THP have challenged that statement).

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Whoa, when was this released? This is the first I've heard of it.

minuteforce

It was part of Shinoda's 2005 VMAs soundtrack. In 2010 or thereabouts, he put everything up on SoundCloud.

Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Was this song really part of the 2005 VMAs soundtrack? I downloaded the soundtrack and this song is nowhere to be found on it. I'm talking about the 5-song soundtrack.

On another note, Mike did say that this song (Catharsis) was comprised of several different beats from other songs on the VMAs soundtrack, so this could have been made afterwards.

Lastly, did you find a way to download this from SoundCloud? I've looked all over the page and can't find any download indicator.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
    Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

http://9soundclouddownloader.com/

Austin Vicenty

Austin Vicenty No Longer Active

I remember I wrote lyrics, and recorded over Catharsis then actually performed it live during a Halloween party in 2012. That was my first live performance ever.

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

I hope they end up taking their time this time. I don't want another "collection of songs that we think is an album" as Mike put it, I want an ALBUM. I want them to take as much time as they took with MTM and ATS and blow our fucking minds. If a song needs heavy guitars and then an electronic bridge, then have it so, I would fucking love that, but don't make the entire album electronics or heavy guitars. Have everyone sing, play instruments you haven't ever played, play shit backwards. Don't box yourselves, dammit.

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

I feel like they did some of this stuff on LT/THP. Brad in UIB, the whole folk influence thing, Mike singing over really heavy stuff in THP, songs like Roads untraveled and Mark the Graves, etc. If the last two albums were as experimental as ATS without any safe bangers like LITE, BID, and FM we probably would've gotten bored of it and be asking for some normal stuff lol. That said, I wouldn't be mad if the next album had nothing but experimental weirdly-structured songs either.

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Of course the majority of LP fans much prefer tracks like BID and UIG, but I doubt that most of us here would get bored of it. The whole point of being experemental is that it's completely different each time, there's nothing to get bored of, if you get what I mean. Again I don't speak for every LP fan, but I feel that quite a few people here would agree.

I do agree that LT and THP both contained quite a lot of that spirit of experimentation, but personally I feel like a lot of it got lost simply because of the genres they picked. Take THP for example, the whole album is "experemental" for the band, as in, they hadn't written a heavy album in over a decade. However, a lot of what was exciting and experemental for the band, didn't translate over to being exciting and experemental for the fans. Things like riffs, solos, more complex drumming, etc. were all things that were new to the band, but not that new to most of us fans who've already heard all that from other bands. Now, luckily THP turned out to be pretty good, and there are plenty of parts that are exceptions to what I just said, where they did something that was new to them, and new to us, as it was something that could only be done by LP, so I'm overall pretty happy with that album.

Funnily enough, this is why I'm not too worried for LP7. The band, throughout LT and THP didn't just do a 180 and stop innovating, they kept trying new things and trying to keep their music fresh and exciting. Even if many parts of those albums didn't turn out like that, I still think they have it in them to put out something really interesting. The question is do they want to?

minuteforce

I think the only things that the actual majority of LP fans could be said to like are the band's first two albums.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

FTFY

minuteforce

Your words, not mine. :cool:

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

The casual Linkin Park fan today also likes the new singles, I would say. The guys you are talking about are Nu-Metal fans.