DC Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Gibs, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

10/10

2. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Or maybe people are kinda interested in this movie and check updates on it, and maybe people stumbled on the official synopsis released MONTHS ago so a good chunk of fans already knew about Batman and Superman coming together for a final fight so they decided to add it to the trailer. Just maybe.

Look, I won't argue opinions here, but a trailer has spoilers no matter how much they choose to dispose. You, as the viewer, have the option of ignoring the trailer or clicking play. Its silly to criticize anyone other than yourself for watching it. You either have patience, or you don't. Simple as that.

3. Zak

I like how you all are looking for any excuse to suck the dick of this movie.

4. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

I kindly refer to the Star Wars VII trailers. That's how you do trailers. Of course everything is a spoiler, but when a trailer pretty much ruins the tension between the two main characters (aka what the entire story is about - Batman V Superman), then I have a serious issue with it. I don't even care about the movie all that much, but I absolutely hate cheapass trailers like this. Remember those first couple of teaser trailers? Those were great. This? Nope.

The point you make about the synopsis just proves the following: the synopsis is as silly as this trailer.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  5. lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

The movie is called Dawn of Justice for a reason so I think it should have been expected lol.

But besides, this trailer was of lower quality than the rest. A lot of the big moments have been shown in this movie like them standing together and some of the big hits. I would really have liked it if the trailer had ended at the roar and just a black screen. A little less about where that creature comes from as well. Not sure if its Doomsday but it looks like Doomsday.

That said, some pretty good highlights out of this movie. The opening scene of the trailer is the best part by far. Their jabs at each other were on point. The part I am looking forward to the most is by far the Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne interactions. Also got to see some more of Batman in motion.

But man I really am bothered by the Doomsday reveal. Whoever, thought that it was a good idea to show Doomsday really needs to get fired. Like wtf. So mad. The trailer should have just cut off like halfway through.

Still going to see the movie though.

Edit: Yeah rewatched it again. The first half of this trailer is so good. Why couldn't that have been just the been the trailer? Oh well. Batman's voice is pretty good.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  6. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I don't think it's a spoiler to show Batman and Superman coming together. It's an inevitability. I think you'd have to be pretty naive to think they wouldn't come together by the third act.

7. lovablepanda

Oh its not the standing together that bothers me, I just kind of wished they saved the shot for the movie though. Not that the shot is going to affect my movie experience. Just it would be cool if during the movie was the first time I saw it but the shot is going to be great in context too so not that much lost.

8. Zak

Seeing Superman and Batman together is not the issue. No shit, two superheroes clashing together is going to be resolved by them buddying up. It's the progression of the basic plot being laid out in the trailer that is the issue. The fact that at the beginning we see Clark Kent asking Bruce Wayne about Batman and then next we see the two clashing followed by them two making up and fighting what is arguably the biggest spoiler (doomsday). Sprinkled with Lex Luthor being a madman and fucking around with Zod's body, that's basically the whole movie condensed into the trailer.

We only see this sort of shit in trailers from Adam Sandler movies and generic Romantic Comedies.

9. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I agree showing Zod and Doomsday was ridiculous and made no sense. Saving those two things for the actual movie would've been better, like you said.

They could've easily cut to Wonder Woman shielding Batman and Superman from Doomsday's attack, followed by that exchange, without showing Doomsday himself, giving ambiguity to the scene.

10. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Its called informing yourself. Yes, the film is called Batman V Superman, but that is not what the entire story is about, you'd just be jumping conclusions if you thought that, and this is confirmed with or without the synopsis/trailer. Justice League was confirmed 2 years ago and has already been stated to begin filming in London for Spring 2016. What does this mean? Clearly Batman and Superman come together at some point of this film, and no, they wouldn't just shake hands and call it a day after fighting, clearly some common enemy would have to rise from this, to which Doomsday comes in.
    Following reports closely, Michael Shannon (Zod) had already left hints about his character's role in this film and speculation/rumors from several sites popped up about Doomsday showing up.
    Wonderwoman, Cyborg, and Aquaman (Flash as well, tho he hasn't been mentioned to be in this film) were already cast and revealed to have roles in the film. How big? We don't know, but once again, more reason to say that, yes, Batman and Superman won't fight to the death, their tension will play a limited role. Your opinion about a trailer being cheap is yours, I could care less about that.

We see this exact thing happening in the second trailer for The Avengers. There is a shit ton of internal conflict going on in the trailer, just to see them come together at the very end just like the BvS trailer. If for any reason that made your experience for that The Avengers un-enjoyable, then it truly sucks to suck.

[video=youtube;hIR8Ar-Z4hw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIR8Ar-Z4hw[/video]

11. Zak

I agree. I also dislike The Avengers. I don't see how this is a counter argument. If anything your post proves my point.

12. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Broman, you just don't seem to get it. Of course, anyone will a brain realizes that Batman and Superman won't still be head to head by the time the film ends. But specifically including in the trailer of the film how and why they join forces breaks any kind of tension that may have been. Why watch the film when I already know how they come together? Why should I be invested in their conflict when I know how how it's going to end? A film trailer should never be a condensed version of the film, which this trailer definitely is.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  13. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Because myself, this guy (https://www.reddit.com/r/batman/comments/3vdyk0/to_everybody_complaining_about_the_new/), and several other people know you'll watch this film whether you watched the trailer or not.

14. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

We'll still watch it. It just won't be as good compared to if they gave us a non-shitty trailer.

15. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

This.

16. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Showing just a little too much is definitely not something only the recent Dawn of Justice trailer is guilty of doing. Ultimately it's just a trailer, which is rarely indicative of the quality of a movie in my experience. I'm more concerned about the man at the helm of this movie. Zack Snyder movies have never done it for me. I'm not against style over substance at all, but his films somehow manage to be both visually interesting and incredibly dull.

The only things that gives me hope are that a) Chris Terrio re-wrote Goyer's script, and b) the fact that I have convinced myself that it can't possibly be as fucking bland as Man of Steel. It just can't be.

17. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Fuck that trailer. Seriously, what the fuck?

18. lovablepanda

Its not really about watching it or not, its about keeping certain pieces of information closer to the chest about it. We all knew they coming together, its freaking Dawn Of Justice, I just didn't want to know how. Revealing Doomsday while not spoiling the entire movie, gives a big hint into how they come together.

19. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;AgQrxGV7Brk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgQrxGV7Brk[/video]

20. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

DAMN. That was badass. I still can't envision how this movie is going to fit everything in it without being a mess.