LPU15 Is Out

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Has anyone who ordered an LPU Bundle received theirs yet? I bought the $40 bundle on Thanksgiving and have yet to receive it by mail.

I'm hoping that I'll have it by either tomorrow or Tuesday. Really excited to listen to the first half of the CD (I have listened to the previews, though).

2. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

"Chance of Rain" struck me the most. I'm hoping that Chester gets to sing more on the next album. We mostly heard screaming or his signature raspy belting on THP. I believe that, for the most part, Chester is more capable than he's shown on LP's albums. His best singing was on MTM, ATS and LT. Particularly "Waiting for the End", "I'll Be Gone", "Valentine's Day", "Little Things Give You Away", "In My Remains". Unfortunately, these along with a couple of other more ballad-y or melodic songs are outnumbered by their aggressive ones. That's not to say it's a bad thing but I wish it was more balanced.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  3. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

But we want more angry angst-ridden Lincoln Park!

4. GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

:rolleyes:

Classic Chris..

5. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Well, it really all depends how you're looking at it. If you take post-2005 LP, I'd say the songs with melodic singing have easily outnumbered the ones with more agressive vocals. THP was really an exception in that regard.

6. Modern Guitar God

You're right. I was just thinking about all the infamous YouTube comments on their videos. They had me kind of twisted.

Not to deliberately change the subject, but I think it's interesting how LP are more of an experimental band than a traditional rock band, but most people don't see that. Most only know them for their HT and Meteora songs, so they think that's all the band has to offer. Just to clarify, I'm talking about casual listeners rather than the dedicated ones like we have here.

Captain-EO likes this.
  7. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

It was "interesting" back in 2010; now, it's simply unfortunate.

8. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

[video=youtube;jdNXPerpkH4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdNXPerpkH4[/video]

9. Modern Guitar God

Care to elaborate?

Captain-EO likes this.
  10. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Well, I finally received my LPU 15 bundle on Monday and have listened to the first six songs. After about three listens each, I have to say that I like pretty much everything offered so far. The only thing I would change with the CD is merging the Pods demos to make room for other demos.

My current favorites are ANIMALS and Chance of Rain, though I suspect a lot of LPU/LPA members would pick these two tracks as standouts thus far.
    ANIMALS aggressive and in-your-face electronics and samples, coupled with M. Shinoda's passionate, hard-hitting verses REALLY make me want to see this finished and officially released as a (promotional) single.
    Chance of Rain allows Chester to really shine with his incredibly clean vocals, while instrumentally, the song showcases LP's more pop-oriented side, with MTM and LT coming to mind. This song reminds me of both Shadow of the Day and In Pieces with bits of its instrumental and Chester's vocal delivery.

I did feel somewhat disappointed when I discovered that Basil was under a minute in length, as I thought it would be around the 3 minute mark. I guess the preview mislead me into thinking it would be a "fuller" song/demo. That said, Basil definitely shows promise as a potential full song, reminding me of Fort Minor rhymes and wordplay.

As for the merchandise, I was fairly disappointed with the lanyard, as it was just plain white, rather than being LPU 15 specific with related graphics. The laminate card is kinda cool, just not something I really needed.
    The T-shirt and band photo are what really shine, as well as the two codes to receive discounts on future LP-related purchases.
    Finally, the guitar pick was a nice little bonus, though I do not play/have a guitar. This one day might change if I become really inspired by visceralness.

Wow, that was a longish post. I promise I won't do posts this long THAT often :lol:

11. Modern Guitar God

Guitar is frustrating to learn at first but very rewarding once you start getting used to scales and knowing what chords and chord shapes you like. A lot of the entry level guitars are much better than they were years ago. You can get a decent, small amp and electric guitar for under $500. If you really want to learn.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    Captain-EO likes this.
  12. minuteforce

Even setting music preferences aside, bitches still whining about how Linkin Park aren't one-trick ponies anymore simply look pathetic now. At least as far as I'm concerned.

13. JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

I think that wasn't very nice towards tovtov, who just talked about being rejected often in the Random LP Thread.

Personally, I don't really know if there are still many people who see LP only as Nu-Metal (there are certainly some of these left), but there are definitely still people who "miss" the "old" LP.

14. master360

master360 Well-Known Member

Any idea of when the 7 track will be available?

15. minuteforce

You could say that if I was talking about tovtov, but I wasn't.

16. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

Just a guess, but there will be 6 tracks being released over the 12 months. That could be 1 every 2 months, which would mean last week of January. This would mean the last one being released very close to LPU16 though. So it might be that the first one is made available at Christmas (seems appropriate) and the subsequent tracks are then put out at 2 month intervals.

17. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Lift me up, Let me go

Most youtube comments are terrible. Occasionally the top comment will be a funny joke or something, but in general, most youtube comments are retarded. I actually have an extension in google chrome that automatically hides youtube comments, because they are some of the stupidest shit you will ever see.

18. Modern Guitar God

For sure. I can't believe that people don't understand the concept of a person growing and changing. All LP albums are a reflection of where the band is at the time. Don't people naturally change their perspective on things over time, even if it's just in the slightest? LP use their music as an extension of themselves rather than a product. If they wanted to just make product, they'd follow trends and try to capitalize off that. They knew they were going to lose fans. Being as amazingly successful as they've been and continue to be, it takes serious bravery to do what they do.

Captain-EO likes this.
  19. minuteforce

Just a note -- you gotta refrain from using "retarted" around here. It's in the rules. :)

20. GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

Will do, pop...thanks for the notice :)