LPA Podcast Episode 6: Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Dec 8, 2015.

Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

As a brazilian, i feel offended.

Btw, when are they coming?

Brendan

Brendan Well-Known Member

So amped that he said he met Kendrick at the concert and they have met since.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Pretty great :)

I like that little bit of info about the new record. Sounds like we're in for something different, once again. But yeah, if the bands really wanna go for something not derivatie of their past, then I guess something without pop structures and/or big chorus could be a possibility. And the fact they're starting with lyrics/vocals certainly makes me think of a possible more smooth, melodies-centered approach.

But of course, it's silly to guess at this point. I'll just be prudent about all those future buzz words to come.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
    BrandonR24

BrandonR24 Well-Known Member

This is awesome. The wrapping paper part was my favorite, you could almost visualize Chaz bursting into the studio complaining. It's pretty epic you all got this interview/podcast, truly entertaining hearing Mike so candid. Probably the best interview of Mike I can remember!

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I think it'd be pretty cool if Mike shared this on his Twitter.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I agree. I think everyone needs to spam Mike and tell him to share it on his Twitter. :kappa:

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

I actually feel confident that Kendrick will, at least in some form or fashion, collaborate with Mike for FM or LP at some point. I don't know why, but it's just something I could see happening.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Even though it'll never happen, I'd love a double album. One disc 100% hip-hop, the other side whatever LP wants to do :lol:.

Brendan

I could really hear Kendrick on a beat like back home or belive me. I think that that would be incredible.

Filip

I storngly disagree with absolutely everything written in the last three posts.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

You W0t M8?!?!?!?!

Brendan

Care to explain?

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Looks like someone doesn't like Kendrick. I was really excited to hear his thoughts, as I really enjoy Kendrick's music and I know Mike does too.

Either way, it was a great interview - grateful to have been able to speak with Mike and hear his thoughts. I thought we did an ace job on this one, getting a lot of good content and information.

Filip

Hahah, oh boy. Wrong.

Okay, point by poing. "To Pimp A Butterfly" will definitely have a place in my top 5 albums of the year. And I still feel that album is inferior to "good kid, m.A.A.d city". Kendrick is one of the 4-5 rap artists that truly interest me. Do I want to see him working with FM or LP? No. Why? There are just so much better combinations of artists for both to work with. Plus Kendrick's pretty much a hit or miss when he's featured and I'd rather not risk it. But the point of that post was that Kendrick will somehow collaborate with LP/FM in the future. I don't think that will happen.

Second point, I would absolutely not like seeing a double album. The cons outweight the pros and I don't think Linkin Park can keep it truly interesting for over 50 minutes maximum. Nothing wrong with that. And even in the even it did happen, I wouldn't want a 100% hip hop side at all. I've posted time and time again that I feel like rapping has no place in Linkin Park's music anymore. It seems Fort Minor is very much alive and ready, so whatever Shinoda needs to do that is more hip hop centric, should be put there. I feel like after "Welcome" and the recent shows, my point stands more than ever, even though I've made it far before any of those things.

Thirdly, Kendrick's best flows and lyrics are on "Butterfly", despite the fact I think "Good Kid" is the better album. The dude is best while staying on beats like that. Not "Believe Me". "Believe Me" came out in 2005 and it feels like that, too.

Anyway, that's just my thoughts. Everyone's free to have their own opinion.

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

Hah. :come2brazil:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I agree with Filip. I like LP and I dig what Kendrick does. I wouldn't like to see them collaborate, except maybe if Shinoda does production for a Kendrick track (but doesn't rap on it)

Brendan

I could have never imagined jay z doing something with LP and it sounding good but look how that turned out. Same goes with Rakim. So i think they could make something great Kendrick.

m_dallagata

m_dallagata m_dallagata

That is actually a great idea. It can be done, fans who have professional mics or something like that could record gang vocals, the band could send us a file explaining what we have to sing, they could send us a example of them singing it, It could be a song featuring the fans! How cool is that! Sorry for my english...

BTW, AWESOME interview, I LOVED the ending!

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Good points.

I definitely wouldn't trust LP not to go too far with it. And, then, they'd probably risk losing me as a fan if they put out an album with fan-sourced crowd vocals on, like, every song - one of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to music.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

But at that point, why not just have Mike make a Fort Minor album and LP make theirs?