Studio Pictures Thread

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Hybrid, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

For some reason I expect them to "delay" this album's release to 2017.

2. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Shinoda is the PRINCE OF LIES

3. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I don't expect them to, but I hope they do. The whole "second half of the year" we've been getting for the past two albums always translated to fucking June. And why? Because they'd announce they're headlining RaR or something 8 months in advance and then rush the album so they have new stuff to play. I guess I like the fact they're not doing the May/June European festivals, but setting a time limit like this on themselves is stupid.

It's now January and the album is "mostly just piano, acoustic guitar and melodies". I know Linkin Park well enough to know that if this album comes out in July, it's not the best thing they could do with it. What I'm saying is, if Warner doesn't actually have them by the balls like they say they don't, fuck a deadline. When the album is finished, it's finished.

If they do end up booking a summer tour, don't rush the album because of it. Play the old shit. Truth be told, 90% of the audience will be like "aw is this a new track?" when you play Final Masquerade. People come to those shows to hear In The End and Numb.

All I want is them not to rush it out like they did with the last two.

4. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Well, no festivals this year so no reason to rush for them. As i said earlier, i think it will be Late September/Earlie October... at the earliest.

5. minuteforce

Yeah. Like, two new songs. :rolleyes:

6. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

It's funny because the band tends to be at their best with their softer intended albums ala MTM and ATS. They went for more energy and rock in the last two and they weren't as impressive. ATS and MTM may even have about the same amount of soft tracks by percentage.

7. minuteforce

If you take it song by song, though, the highlights are real highlights even if the albums might be mediocre as a whole. :) I don't know if it's really the sound that makes certain albums less "impressive" or whatever. I think it's more the songwriting approach, and there's an emphasis on that for this upcoming album like there was for "Midnight" and "A Thousand Suns", as opposed to just seeking a certain sonic aesthetic.

8. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

THP wasnt to bad in my opinion :lol:

9. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I still maintain there seems to be a high bias in favor of softer material on this forum though. For whatever reason, I can't even picture an energetic record ever being praised as the best one from the band.

Because, really, aside maybe from the lyrics, I don't think records like MTM or ATS are more quality-records than THP. Hell, for both being rather organic records, THP is definitely far superior to MTM in term of technicality, regarding both drums and guitars. And I'd even say in term of songwriting, buth I'd get killed.

With that said, I actually hope the band takes a really chill, soulful approach this time. Because it's always cool to have different styles of music for different moods. And because if anything, it would make THP more special and unique in the band discography.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  10. MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

Speaking of chill and soulful, there was a recent livestream with Mike Shinoda on Facebook where he mentioned that Chester is singing some "soulful" material, as in you can hear that it comes from the heart and has meaning.

The band's different approach this time with putting earlier emphasis on vocal melodies, lyrics and chords could yield some interesting results, they haven't got anything beyond acoustic/piano instrumentation-wise so they're being open minded on the soundscapes that could form this album.

11. polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Well, I think it has less to softness and more to do with wholesomeness. For one thing, MTM and ATS were much more cohesive as whole albums. Living Things feel like a bunch of songs strung together compared to that and THP, to a lesser extent. They're a bit less consistent as a whole, if that makes sense. Individually, I love the songs as much as the ones on the other records but as an album, it all seems less impressive to me because of that. Didn't Mike or someone say that this sort of "cohesion" was very important to them in a early 2000s interview (iirc). Although this is a very subjective opinion.

12. Qwerty19

Yep.

I, for one, consider THP one of the band most cohesive record as far as having an overal sound direction, while I'd say both LT and MTM come at the bottom of that cohesion ranking.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  13. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

That's what they're discussing.

14. AaronJxD

AaronJxD Well-Known Member

MTM cohesive? Lolwat?

15. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

For me, MTM's "messy" track order is its greatest strength. LT however, suffers from side one and side two feeling like somewhat different albums IMO.

16. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Minutes to Midnight is an album I never grow tired of listening to because it serves just enough of everything at the right time. The execution is honestly perfect.

17. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Eh.
    First half of MTM was pretty incoherent.
    I really love how the album ends though, and I do have a certain collected "feeling" on he album as a whole which I never really got with LT.

18. Qwerty19

LT definitely was the worst in my opionion :lol: Album felt like 2 EP put together.

MTM was kinda random with all the different sound directions, but in a way, it was cohesive in randomness, along with the material being all pretty organic.

19. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Lift me up, Let me go

When I judge an album, I judge it based on how much I like the individual songs, since I just pull all the songs into my iTunes and shuffle my library, I never listen to an album from front to back. So I loved the variety MTM and LT brought, and they both had a lot of amazing songs. I think that LT has some of their best songs, and some of their worst, so it was pretty inconsistent.

20. minuteforce

Exactly. I think that what's more important than the albums as bodies of work are the individual songs which they bring into LP's catalog.