Linkin Park in the studio with Jon Green of The Bonfires

Discussion in 'News' started by Filip, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This. It was brutal having to wait the 3 years between MTM and ATS, but the time invested into ATS proved itself to be beneficial and the quality produced from that extra time was worth the wait. LT and THP have been largely forgettable as time has gone on (I still stand by my good ratings, but they haven't aged well).

2. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Not for everybody :halfkappa: :lol:

3. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Don't encourage their heathen ways! :kappa:

4. Michele

I do what i want to do.

5. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Getting a bit tired of reading this statement written as a fact.

I guess THP aging as probably my favorite LP record makes me a dumbass with poor tastes.

6. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

If we wanna talk about albums not aging well, we should be talking about Meteora and Living Things.

7. KarL_LewiS

KarL_LewiS Musician

Eh...

I still hear Somewhere I Belong, Lying From You, Faint, Breaking the Habit, From the Inside, and Numb on the radio 'round here all the time. Someone still likes the album I guess :lol:

The only songs from Meteora I think have aged pretty well are BTH, Numb, and Figure 0.9. Figure 0.9 still gets me pumped up so much.

Living Things though...I wholeheartedly disagree. I still listen to it all the time, and I love every single track from it. Its the album that got me seriously into the band. I love the different musical sounds and styles, the lyrics on almost all of the songs (Lies Greed Misery is the exception, since it was clearly made to be a cheesy/fun screamo electronic song) still really hit me pretty hard sometimes, especially Lost in the Echo, Castle of Glass, and Roads Untraveled. I personally think LT is their most underrated album by far.

To each their own though :p

My sentiments exactly. As much as I love Chester's screams, I'd love to hear an album entirely without them. They seem to always fit a song with screaming in it onto every album they have, and to see them stray away from it in favor of more melodic focused songs would be pretty interesting to say the least. And the rapping I can totally live without; it's worked well so far, particularly on HT, MTM, and ATS, but I think its so unnecessary nowadays when Mike AND Brad have sung on tracks in addition to Chester. Can you imagine 3 part vocal harmonies (ala Robot Boy) except with Chester, Mike, AND Brad on a melodic acoustic track with a relatively quick tempo that builds into a catchy rock guitar riff with a kickass guitar solo? (yes, ik that TLTGYA sounds like this). I think that would be glorious.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  8. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Lift me up, Let me go

I think THP has aged very well, and in fact is has grown on me since it was first released. LT as an album is a bit shallow, but the individual songs that make it up are still great, I love IMR, LITE, COG, BID, and Powerless, and I don't think that's gonna change any time soon.

9. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

No it doesn't it makes you someone with a different taste to some other people. If everyone enjoyed the same stuff life would be boring as shit.

10. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

On this site if you say you like ATS and Reanimation, you're cool and have a sophisticated taste in music, but if you like Meteora, Living Things or THP to some extent, your opinion does not matter. Hybrid Theory and MTM are somewhere in the middle. (that's just my observation)

11. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

To be honest anyone here is free to enjoy or like any of Linkin Park's albums, and rate how well they've aged according to their own tastes. Just because certain people hate Meteora on here, or may not enjoy THP as much a year or so on, doesn't mean that others on here can't disagree.

We welcome people to like or believe whatever they like on here in regards to LP's music, and if anyone has ever made you or someone on here feel otherwise...well then they're an idiot for making you feel that way. Don't listen to them. You can like ANYTHING you want on here. Even Nickelback :WTF:.

12. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

Urgh.

13. Michele

People should be banned for liking Meteora. :kappa:

But seriously, i dont have a problem with any album (just with more or few songs from each album, but thats it).

In the next 12 monts we will know more :lol:

14. JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

To keep the forum clean, instead of an anti-bot question on register, there should be an anti-Nu-Metal question. :kappa:

I think that's exactly how I feel about LT, too. I always remembered the album as a whole to be a bit boring. But listening to the individual songs made me realize I actually quite like them.

15. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Come on, just because a lot of people here do prefer ATS and Reanimation to Meteora and Living things doesn't mean that they're looking down their nose at you. The majority opinion is always going to be a little bit louder than the rest, but I've seen great arguments for albums like Meteora on here, and I personally still enjoy LT a lot, and I know a lot of other people here do too. :)

16. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Especially Nickelback. :devil:

17. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I hear nickleback are the long rumored seventh member of Linkin Park. True or false?

18. Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

I would be 100% fine with no screams or raps on the album. Especially the screams. Chester's voice is obviously not going uphill, and if he continues to shred it the way he does it honestly makes me nervous for his health. Anyways, I'm sure I'll like almost whatever they choose to do!

19. HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

Why is that people hate Nickelback? I don't like them. I used to hear a few songs from them like 5 years ago... but I always had this doubt.

20. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

:lol:

This is golden. And sounds like Gibs. :kappa:

Gibs ily don't worry

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016