DC Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Gibs, Oct 15, 2014.

1. lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

10/10 am watching it again and again and again

2. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

[​IMG]

3. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Brand new Suicide Squad trailer from the Dawn of the Justice League special that just aired:

[video=youtube;CmRih_VtVAs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmRih_VtVAs[/video]

Also, first look at scenes from Wonder Woman:

[video=youtube;i9Ur4De7yT8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9Ur4De7yT8[/video]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  4. lovablepanda

You know, the more I see of her in action, the more Gal Gadot seems to fit into the role. But alas, not sure if her acting abilities are up to par yet but we'll see. WB saw something i her so I hope I can see it too! Footage is pretty good. Dark aesthetic so far. Hopefully there is more color to the movie.

Funny enough, suicide squad probably has had more color then any of the other movies. Needless to say, I am super pumped for this movie

5. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

I can't decide if this is actually a good trailer, or if it's playing into my love for Queen. :lol: One thing that suprised me is how Jai Courtney actually looks good in this film. Now that's a surpise. Also, I was taken aback by how much Leto sounded like Ledger's Joker. He seems fantastic in the role, I just hope his voice is more unqiue for the rest of the movie.

I'm loving how the film is looking visually.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  6. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

*surprise

But seriously, it's a well-made trailer. A lot of synchronization with the music, from blows matching drum hits to the percussive shots, bullet casings, and magazine reloads. There's a pretty interesting bit where Freddy is singing "Too late" followed immediately with the guard yelling "OPEN THE GATE!" that's pretty cool.

And there's only so much one can do with the Joker voice. I feel it's less the voice and more the actions and body language that set Leto apart from previous performances. It's a lot more manic.

7. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Holy shit, that trailer was good. And the fact that Jai Courtney looks decent in the movie...

8. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

I've watched this trailer several times now and absolutely love it. Thought the previous trailer was also really good. Hopefully the movie lives up to it. I'm staying very cautious, though, but I have way more hope for this than BvS.

9. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I'm really liking the look of Suicide Squad. Also, I like how it doesn't have that obscene color saturation that has plagued Superman/Batman Vs. Superman.

10. lovablepanda

Two more tv spots have dropped depicting the issues Superman and Batman have of each other. Also Empire has released a series of pictures from the movie with the one everyone is talking about featuring Knightmare Batman overlooking a broken city with the Omega symbol scorched into the ground which basically confirms that the scene where Superman takes off Batman's mask as a vision of post-apocalyptic future.

11. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

I'll further expand on lovablepanda's post

Batman TV Spot
    [video=youtube;_peXtNpuIJs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_peXtNpuIJs&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Superman TV Spot
    [video=youtube;iUJH43X_Dw4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUJH43X_Dw4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Ben Affleck unmasked
    http://i.imgur.com/lKgzIAZl.jpg

Armored Batman Face shot
    http://imgur.com/daBUqm7

Darkseid Confirmation: Omega Symbol
    http://i.imgur.com/AMeD5yq.jpg

12. lovablepanda

My hero!!!!

Also, lots of speculation about what the Knightmare sequence really is. Hard to imagine that Batman just had a random nightmare about Darkseid with his parademons and his symbol randomly while worrying about Superman. Just a couple of the theories I have heard so far:

The first one is that Martian Manhunter is the one sending him the visions warning him about Darkseid. There is one issue with this theory though which can be explained is that why would Martian Manhunter want to pit Batman and Superman against each other. Martian Manhunter can read Superman's mind so he should know that Superman has no desire to destroy the Earth.

The second one is that Darkseid himself is sending Batman the visions hoping they would off each other in their conflict. Issue against this one is that Darkseid is strong enough that Superman and Batman together should not be a big enough threat that he would resort to underhanded tactics.

Third is one of the New Gods is trying to warn Batman of Darkseid and for some reason believes Superman to be the threat. This one seems more likely but an issue with this theory is that it just makes the movie more crowded then it already is. But i have complete confidence that Terio, Affleck and Snyder know enough about what they are doing to make this work. But I don't think this is the one.

What is for sure is that Batman must have had a vision of this given to him from someone because this is not a dream that can randomly happen especially with all the details however, some mixture of Batman's paranoia gets mixed into that vision and results in the angry Superman we see. What do you guys think?

13. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I still can't see how this movie won't be a clusterfuck. It should be solely about Clark and Bruce. Instead it's littered with a billion plot points that will only take away from our emotional investment in the two most popular characters DC has ever created. I wouldn't be surprised if their conflict is resolved before the movie is halfway over. Their fight should be the climax. Just doesn't make any sense.

14. Gibs

This. I'm usually one to wait and see before judging a film, but my God, the movie is so overly stuffed and overly crowded in just the marketing, that I can't see it balancing everything well at all. Batman and Superman conflict? Check. Wonder Woman? Check. Lex Luthor creating a zombie Zod Doomsday? Check. Set up for future Justice League members? Check. Tease for future DC villains? Check. Backstory and setup for Batman? Check. Ongoing Superman plot? Check. It's one giant clusterfuck ready to cumble, and this is just the stuff we actually know about. I'd have faith if the movie was in the hands of a competent director, but this is Zack Snyder we're talking about. This is the same fucking guy who made Sucker Punch.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  15. lovablepanda

Keep in mind though, Chris Terio and Ben Affleck probably had a lot of say about improving the story so while yes its hard to see how it will not be a big clusterf*ck, its their job to show to exceed expectations. The advertising so far shows that the movie does focus on what we want is the big fight but there's still a lot of the movie to see. That said, this is almost Civil War worthy of crowded.

16. Gibs

Even if it is a good script (which I doubt), it's being directed by Zack Snyder. The guy doesn't exacty have the best track record.

And on Civil War, even though the film is going to have a huge supporting cast, they've shown so far that the focus is still on Captain America himself, it's still his story. The Russos & Marvel have proven with The Winter Soldier that they know how to make a fantastic comic-book film balancing a lot of elements. Zack Snyder & DC, have not.

17. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

ftfy

this movie is gonna be a mess.

18. lovablepanda

I really liked Man of Steel lol. We'll just have to see I guess. Nothing from the trailers suggest this movie would be a mess.

19. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed MoS as well. The structure of the film was different, going back throughout flashbacks at seperate points of the film, but it worked just fine. With the amount of content they are placing into the film, it does have that possibility of being messy like Spiderman 3, but I'm hyped regardless. The approach, no matter how its executed, will still win a shit ton of money, no doubts there.

20. lovablepanda

I just realllllllllly hope BvS exceeds all expectations because this is DC's all in. This is them committing to the Extended Universe. If its bad, there will be hell to pay but I really think this movie is going to be great. And even if its only really good, Suicide Squad could probably help solidify the universe for WB. Please just don't be bad.

Also, new theory I heard and I think this is my new favorite one is that Wonder Women is the one receiving the vision of Darkseid.