LPU chat with Rob - January 27

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Jan 27, 2016.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Linkin Park band member Rob Bourdon will be stopping by the official Linkin Park Underground Facebook page to answer some fan-submitted questions tomorrow - Wednesday, January 27 - at 4 PM, PST. This is the first band member chat that has been organised for LPU members this year.

During the past month, fans have been asked to post questions in this thread on the LPU-exclusive message board, and vote to collectively determine the most popular questions using the forum's in-built voting system. This has been part of an effort to test new ideas and revise the way in which LPU's band member chats are handled. The final slate of questions, as chosen by LPU staff members, will be given to Bourdon to answer. Further details regarding the chat event are unknown at this time.

Currently, the thread is still open for questions to be submitted by LPU members, so, if you are a member and you have some burning questions you need the answer to, post them in a reply to the thread! If you're not a member, you can visit lpunderground.com to either purchase a membership or even start a free 30-day trial and participate.

What topics would you like to see covered in this upcoming Q&A session with Rob Bourdon? Stop by our message board and voice your thoughts!

Source: Linkin Park Underground on Facebook

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Yaaaay. But I am not an LPU member. :(

minuteforce

What would you ask Bourdon if you were able to participate?

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

I was saying that more along the lines of not being able to watch it :lol:

HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

I would ask questions about the new album, like how is it going to sound? or... what are their expectations? I don't know... but I wish they reveal more info about the album. And I have a question. Can I watch the chat without being a LPU member? I'm asking because it's going to be in the Facebook page, right?

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

"You and the rest of the band have very actively avoided playing the most interesting tracks from your last 2 albums (LT and Hunting Party). Why?"

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Get ready for the band to answer highly anticipated fan questions like what they had for breakfast or their favorite color.

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

I think this sort of question is a really good one. We all know he's not going to tell us anything about the new album, and what could he even tell us that Mike hasn't already? I think one of the only interesting questions not regarding new music that hasn't been asked yet is about why they haven't played half the tracks from their last two albums live, despite saying that they were partly written to be played live.

deathie

deathie New Member

I just want him to talk about his dogs.

(And yes, I have been lurking for years and decided to comment about that of all things).

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

"What is your role currently in the studio? How exactly do you contribute to the album at this early point, especially regarding the new lyrical approach?"

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
    Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Do you profit from your drumming on THP for future LP records and shows? How does it influenced your playing at live shows.

Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

This 100%. Has anyone from the band ever actually been asked this question. Most of the chats a lot of the questions are so inane it's barely worth watching.

abbaslp

abbaslp Fortyoneaxes

pls ask for INDIA tour :3

minuteforce

These are considerably better than the questions in the LPMB thread, not even joking

Maybe we should start one of those question stockpile threads like LPL has

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Anything from THP: Because Brad can't play his own solos.

Anything from Living Things with the exception of Roads Untraveled and Until it Breaks: Because the songs aren't very good.

Next.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

I posted my question in the LPU thread.

"Q. Is there a song that was released on a LPU CD that you would have liked to see finished? If so, do you ever think you might get around to finishing it and releasing it as an exclusive? What's the oldest song you've ever gone back to and polished up?"

Prolly too late, though.

Edit: Yep. Stream just ended.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

That's actually a great idea. There are so many fantastic questions that are posted every time a thread like this pops up, most of which are never answered and are subsequently forgotten. If a larger, more casual LPA interview (like the recent podcast) ever happens again, it would be great to have a library of great questions on hand to pick and choose from.

This is a great question also, I always wonder how much Dave, Joe, and Rob contribute early on in the album process. Considering how great Rob was on THP, I'd love to see him writing some more drum based songs, but because LP aren't a "jam" band I don't know how much of an influence he has before many of the songs have already been mostly formulated. This would be interesting to hear about.

Somewhat related, I'd be interested to hear from him if he intends to keep improving his drumming further for the next album. If it is a slower, more mellow album, some longer sections with intricate and unusual drumming throughout would be a fantastic way for the band to try something new.

One of my fears for the new album is that Rob will take the back seat time time around (none of the guys in the band like to be showoffs) and go back to drumming similar to the first five albums. I have a gut feeling that Rob will only utilise his great drumming on the more heavy, livelier tracks, even though we all know you can have great, technical drum parts outside of hard rock/metal.

HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

Not an interesting chat. Very predictable.

minuteforce

Did anyone catch it? I happened to not be at home

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

I caught it. Nothing of note. Cute trivia at best.