Mike Shinoda Interview with Pensado's Place at NAMM 2016

Discussion in 'News' started by Filip, Feb 4, 2016.

HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

Step, step up, step, step up

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

I don't disagree, but honestly, if the music's good, the music's good, and I don't particularly care who wrote what part. Anyway, the band have been in this business for so long, anything released under the Linkin Park moniker will be firmly "Linkin Park", I doubt collaborations will dominate.

More specifically regarding lyrics, for the reason you said, I doubt anyone would even *want* to touch Mike's raps, I'd imagine anyone they work with would see that as his "thing" and leave it alone (for better or for worse), but even if a few lyrics *are* changed around, that's hardly "ghost-writing". If the band get a rapper in to write a whole verse (like Rakim), you can be guaranteed that they'll get that rapper to rap the verse, not Mike. A few words here and there is completely different, that's just natural collaboration, in the same way the guitar part of the drum part could be edited through collaboration, a rap part is no different, IMO. Anyway, it's not like we're ever going to know who wrote exactly which lines, so this is all a bit pointless anyway. :lol:

AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

Cool interview.

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

That's true. I'm not saying what they are doing is ghost writing. I'm being pessimistic ar worse as an LP fan, so I'm thinking worse case possibility. :p

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Oh, there'll still be angsty songs, though. You can take the band out of the "Meteora" but ... :rolleyes:

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Lol. WHEW! As long as they are still 2 to 3 minute songs about wanting to feel, I'll be happy. ;)