LPA Awards 2015 Results

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Tim, Feb 10, 2016.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

LPA AWARDS 2015: THE WINNERS

Such a lust for winners?! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?!?!?! Yes, the moment you've all been waiting for has finally arrived. The 2015 LPA Awards Winners! Since I'm sure most of you (and by "most of you" I mean Liz) have impatiently skipped past this opening paragraph already, let's go ahead and get this show on the road.

[​IMG]
    1. Favourite Member: Tim & Decay
    Here we have our first of many ties. Whether or not it's just a coincidence that the two members responsible for making the bad-fucking-ass, Metal Gear Solid 5-themed LPA Awards 2015 threads won the Favourite Member category is anyone's guess (he said with questionable modesty). But what I do know is that I'm in good company. Decay has been one of the cooler LPA regulars for a few years now, so to see that a lot of you agree is pretty awesome.

[​IMG]
    2. Favourite Staff Member: Kevin, minuteforce, & Ree
    And the love fest continues. A three-way tie! Kevin might be the latest addition to the LPA Team, but he's certainly made his time count. He's already become a valuable asset to the staff and is sure to stay that way. minuteforce is the consummate LPA veteran, and his frequent shoutbox posting and creative endeavors have made him a recognizable, but more importantly, well-liked staff member. Ree, of course, has been holding it down on the LPA staff for a number of years now, but she's obviously still a favorite. She also holds the distinguished honor of being the first LPA poster challenged to a game of FIFA by Superxero, so she truly is one of a kind. #SnoothCooter

[​IMG]
    3. Most Intelligent Member: minuteforce
    Whether he's helping other budding LPA musicians refine their choons or contributing to a heated shoutbox discussion, minuteforce always comes across as a clever guy. More often than not, though, he's hitting you with the kind of witty sarcasm that we love around here. In the words of the man himself, this win is
    [​IMG]
    4. Most Funniest Member: Tim
    I've decided to forego getting someone else to write a blurb about me and have decided to, gasp, give a heartfelt thank you to everyone who voted for me. There are a lot of funny people on this site, so I'm pretty damn happy with this win.

[​IMG]
    5. Most Random Member: Early_Walker
    Early_Walker may be a newbie (she joined in December of 2015, after all), but she has certainly left an impression on everyone in the shoutbox. It's not very easy to completely confound a group of people who trade smilies back and forth from obscure Asian films about, among other things, shit zombies, but our friend Early_Walker has done just that.

[​IMG]
    6. Most Attractive Member: Lotus & Decay
    Well would you look at that? Most Attractive Member has had a bit of a shake up this year. As if winning Favourite Member wasn't enough, Decay has also impressed a few members with his looks. I think it's the beard, but that may be my bias showing. And how can we forget our favorite Ben & Jerry's ice-cream addict Lotus? No amount of pouty faces and face-obscuring cupcakes can hide the fact that you people find her easy on the eyes. Of course, they both have the personalities to match, which I'm sure factored in to all of your votes. Ahem.

[​IMG]
    7. Most Dedicated Member: Kevin
    For the second year in a row, Kevin takes the award for Most Dedicated Member! And while he might just look at his hard work here as part of his job as Team Member, you guys nonetheless felt like he still deserved some credit. Whether it's putting painstaking research into tour posts or actually listening to Mike Shinoda's Spotify playlists, Kevin is not satisfied with "good enough."

[​IMG]
    8. Most Controversial Member: #VoteDecayMostControversial
    In what is either a case of a campaign that horredously backfired or a case of shrewd and effective reverse psychology, #VoteDecayMostControversial/The Poster Formerly Known as Minus has been voted Most Controversial. Congratulations?

[​IMG]
    9. Nicest Member: Michele
    Not one to let an LPA Award for Best Newbie go to his head, Michele has nabbed the award for Nicest Member. As anyone who has spent time in the shoutbox will tell you, Michele's kindness is the real deal. There are probably banned members who would love to enact some Skull Face-esque scheme against the entire LPA who would leave Michele out of it. I can't think of a bigger compliment than that.

[​IMG]
    10. Most Creative Member: Dragondust & Decay
    We're up to tie #4, and I can't say that I am surprised. There's a lot of creativity on these forums. It's been a while since someone has won this award on the basis of their artwork, but Dragondust has done just that. Even a cursory perusal of the Your Projects sub forums will give you all the evidence you need. Nice work! But of course Decay's dominance won't stop at just two awards. Music, birthday GIFs, this year's LPA Awards -- Decay is a reinaissance man.

[​IMG]
    11. LPA'er You Would Most Like to Meet: Tim
    This one is pretty sweet, guys. It's one thing for people to think the stupid shit I post is funny, but to think that some people think I would actually be cool to meet in person is awesome. The LPA is filled with some kickass people, so I can say without reservation that there are a lot of people I feel the same way about.

[​IMG]
    12. Best Newbie: Karl_LewiS
    I don't think many would have predicted he would topple the force of nature that is the Wizardofozil, but newcomer Karl_LewiS has done just that. Some might find it intimidating to mix up with a long-established community, but you wouldn't know it by his demeanor. Let's hope this is merely the beginning for Karl_LewiS' LPA tenure, and I hope 2015's other newbies also stick around. The more the merrier!

[​IMG]
    13. Best Thread: LPA Podcast Episode 6: Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park & Rate The Song Above 2
    Also the winners of the unofficial award for completely fucking up our banner format, but I digress. The Rate the Song Above threads are relatively new, but they've proven to be some of the most enduring threads in the Other Music section. Hopefully the threads inspired some of you to broaden your horizons and check out some new artists. Our co-winner for best thread represents a pretty big achievement for the LPA as a whole. The Linkin Park guru himself, Mike Shinoda, took time away from his busy schedule to record a podcast with some of the LPA crew, and I don't need to tell you how big of a deal that is.

[​IMG]
    14. Biggest WTF Thread: Linkin Park Puns.
    As a lover of cheesy puns, even I have to admit the existence of a Linkin Park Puns thread is a little questionable. Other threads may have brought some brought some decent WhatTheFuckery, but in the end it didn't-OH MY GOD FUCKING KILL ME

[​IMG]
    15. Best Smiley: :kappa:
    Sometimes it's nice to see some new blood, but other times you just want to see the champ continue its reign. Kappa has been a mainstay at the LPA for years now, and with the insane amount of sarcasm on these forums, it's hard to see that changing any time soon!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There you have it. Another LPA Awards in the bag! I want to once again thank Decay for helping me put these awards threads together by contributing those awesome Metal Gear Solid V-inspired banners. I'd also, like to thank minuteforce for handling the voting portion of the awards. And finally, I'd like to thank everyone who voted in the awards this year. Always great to see everyone contribute. It's what makes this community what it is. Until next year, guys.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
    Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

GODDAMMIT YOU FUCKERS WERE SUPPOSED TO VOTE DECAY NOT ME.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Three awards. I can tell you this: wasn't expecting that! Thanks to everyone who voted for me in any category (but especially for the most attractive award <3 xoxoxo). I really didn't expect to win the most controvers-

HE PLAYED ME LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE!

Big big thanks to Tim for asking me to do this year's awards together with him and thanks to Tony for handling the voting side of this. It was a fun experience!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
    lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

:lund: Great job everyone for making this happen, here's to another great year!

Oh and congrats to all the winners! :partyminus:

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Oh sorry, i must misunderstood something. :kappa:

This one was really fun to vote for. Congratulation to all the winners here :)
    Thanks again for this great voting, especially for voting for me for nicest member. Thats a honor for me and i will take it with proud. I want to thank all of you guys. Without you, i wouldnt be, where i am. :cry: Thank you. :partyminus:

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

[​IMG]

I DID MY PART. YOU FUCKERS FUCKING FAILED DECAY. ANGRY ALL-CAPS SENTENCES.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Good job, guys! Also, awesome blurbs, Tim. #SnoothCooter

I've voted Minus Most Controversial for the past 4 (or 5?) years but I voted Glenn this year for the campaign. It's hilarious to see Minus still winning that, hahaha.

Congrats, everyone! Thanks to anyone who voted for me.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

As a thank you for voting for me

[​IMG]

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I didn't win anything, and I didn't really expect to get nominated for anything, but I'm really surprised I got a runner up for something, especially with that category being the person you want to meet the most. That kinda makes me happy lol.

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

Yaaay my first LPA Award! :partyminus:

Thanks for the votes guys :) And congrats to the other winners!

Dragondust

Dragondust Lingering distortion LPA VIP

Wow!!! Holy crap! Thank you! :awesome:

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Hahahaha, the blurbs and banners are great. Awesome job on the awards this year, really enjoyed the theme even if most people won't have a fucking clue what's going on :lol:. Well done to the winners and thanks for the nominations!

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

You look like a Disney character.

KarL_LewiS

KarL_LewiS Musician

I'd like to thank the Academy :kappa:

Seriously though, thank you all for the votes :D I'm definitely here to stay!

Michele

I hope that for you :kappa:

and us :lol:

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

One of those voters was me :p

The fact that Minus got Most Controversial does not surprise me whatsoever. I think he really wanted it. :kappa:

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Congrats to the winners! Glad to see so many of the people I voted for towards the top. You go guys. This coming year is gonna be an awesome one, with a new album and such! :chuck: Love this site.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Thanks bruh, you're the real MVP

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

:lol:

Michele

I hope you voted for me too :jesse: