Linkin Park share five-minute video from the studio

Discussion in 'News' started by Filip, Feb 25, 2016.

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

I totally agree, things like the WID live solo really mix it up. Extend the individual parts and make them more interesting and you'll inevitably get more interesting structure. To clarify, FM is one of my favourite songs on THP so it's not a hard-and-fast rule, but just something I'd love to see. :lol:

They definitely shouldn't compromise song quality to make it more "interesting", but that's the least of my worries when it comes to LP. :lol:

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

#EXPERIMENTATION

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

I imagine a lot of people in this thread being like this in real life
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcmylxQ0ma4

We literally heard nothing lol. Whatever they're working on could end up being the Drawbar of the new album, but it's still cool to see them working and it somehow got me hyped.

Migueltorres

Migueltorres Well-Known Member

I honestly don ' t care about song structure , If a song is good is good even if it has the V-C-V-C-Bridge -C ( LITE and FM are great examples of it ) . Complexity is not sinonim of quality

Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

Linkin park is actually being nice for once and puts out a 5 minute video of in-studio footage (tbh it's almost more footage than we got with THP), and you are all complaining. Yeah, some people might not like the song structure, but you haven't heard one measure of the song. It's like looking over a menu, some stuff sounds disgusting but could end up being you're favorite meal.... Just saying ;)

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

But we have to find something to gripe about in everything the band does!

crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

This has to be some of the worst shit I've ever heard, singing about being lost by the ocean. Also, why are they collaborating with Phil Collins? So much for being creative and crafting something that tops ATS. Seriously, screw this album.

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Is this supposed to be a joke or something?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

With the people who inhabit these forums sometimes during album cycles it's difficult to tell anymore.

Assuming he wasn't being sarcastic, it's not Phil Collins. It's Jon Green, a very talented studio musician and songwriter who has worked with quite a few artists.

...and for the record, if it was Phil Collins (which it isn't) the music would be even better. Phil is a legend.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I think we have enough from this videos for the next time. This place cant take more videos :lol:

:kappa:

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Please, please tell me this is a joke.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Mike Shinoda here.

Me, Brad, and that guy who plays the bleep blorp noises every once and a while have been watching this thread very closely and would like to give a few updates.

The guys and I have taken your comments into consideration and would like to give the LPA some exclusive news on changes that will be effective in the making of our seventh record. Consider these "patch notes" if you will.

• In order to make the songs more interesting, it has been recommended that we should extend individual parts. Therefore all new songs written from this point forward will have, not double choruses, but triple choruses!
    • We've noticed a great deal of discussion about the topic of oceans. Therefore we have decided we're going to do covers of The Ocean by Led Zeppelin, I Sat By The Ocean by Queens of the Stone Age, Ocean Avenue by Yellowcard, Thinking About You by Frank Ocean and the hit song Under The Sea from the movie The Little Mermaid.
    • We have kicked Phil Collins out of the band. We understand his inclusion put a lot of vitriol In The Air Tonight, but Against All Odds he has been a detriment to the Genesis of this band. This doesn't mean we are no longer friends. Personally, I'd like to tell Phil that You'll Be In My Heart. Always.
    • Per the agreement of all in the band, we will stop making videos of our in-the-studio process. Instead we will post videos of our off-time in the studio, specifically playing Cards Against Humanity while drinking.
    • Rapping about military metaphors has been increased by 33.334 (repeating of course) percent.

We thank you again for being the best fans in the world, and hope to deliver some exciting music for you soon later someday never soon!

-MS

*ADMIN EDIT 02/25/16* In case anybody is foolish enough to believe this is actually Mike Shinoda, it's not. It is a member of our forums pretending to be him for laughs and this is not actually Mike Shinoda. Thank you. -Derek

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

:rofl:

Austin Vicenty

Austin Vicenty No Longer Active

LOL

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Guys of course this is a joke, come on.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

You expect way too much.

MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

Sure this video isn't much to judge on the album, but it seems LP are dealing with the same concepts they always have been here. They seem to be testing the melody with the lyrics a little bit, and if I had to go on this video alone I would say this song is a safe single if it ends up on the album.

Regardless, a lot can change, but it always seems like LP never cross the barrier where they properly transform and develop their songwriting to a point where it is a level up from the 'LP sound' at least. Unlike some people here I'm not concerned about the typical song structure, but weary when I hear Mike 'seeming' to box in a bit saying that the outro should be similar to the first verse, however maybe I'm taking this out of context.

LP is one of those bands that will continue to be who they are and for myself I think it will be beneficial not to have high expectations based on the abilities of other artists etc, I think they'll still put out a solid album this time round.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

There ain't no kappa tho :samuel:

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

No one's complaining. I'm sorry that I don't absolutely adore every single second of every single piece of music the band have ever touched. We're on a Linkin Park fan site, it's assumed that we all like the band. Discussion doesn't equal complaining. Are we only allowed to post positive reactions here now? Seems a bit silly. :lol:

TEGCRocco

TEGCRocco The LPL Invader

The thing is, though, that no one is asking you to adore everything the band puts out. People are judging a song that not only have they not heard in any form barring Mike playing a few chords and doing some potential lyrical ideas, but hasn't even progressed beyond the idea phase, really. It's kind of absurd to look at a song in it's earliest form (which is still a point that we haven't heard, not really), and say it's awful. People may not be complaining, but they're certainly freaking out over nothing.