Linkin Park share five-minute video from the studio

Discussion in 'News' started by Filip, Feb 25, 2016.

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Good point. :D At least I recognize the crazy posters off cycles though...

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Implying we're not just straight-up and simply crazy without rhyme or reason.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah, I think that this is something that we can all agree on here. :)

/s HAHAHAHAHAHA

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Somehow, i really dig both tracks. Dunno why :lol:

Migueltorres

Migueltorres Well-Known Member

I mean , a lot of people ( in particular the fanbase in Italy ) hate the 2 songs but i feel DTB has some experimental elements i happen to love , if they would work on that side i 'd really enjoy it

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I really love the first verse in DTB. The atmosphere and lyrics are really what make that first verse awesome.

Migueltorres

Yes I totally agree Brady, especially i heard a lot of people bashing the lyrics but well , are they really weaker than War , Wastelands , UIG or some Meteora lyrics ?? Just no IMO

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
    Deliveranze

Hm. I like DTB alot more than ALTNC. I'd say UIG had some solid lines, it's only really hated due to its chorus and message really. Wastelands is no different than alot of Mike's more battle rap centric verses of the last 6 years and it's definitely one of the better examples of it since Mike delivered a more complex rhyme pattern then usual.

Migueltorres

Ok bUt i was not saying that Wastelands lyrics or UIG lyrics are bad , Just that they are not a lot greater than DTB ones in my opinion . They don t touch the level that ( ex) HHH or LOATR or WFTE reach lyrically

Deliveranze

I got you. I agree that UIG and Wastelands don't have much of a concept compared to the ones you've mentioned. HHH is one of the best songs they've (Mike?) ever written but it's all down to what considers better lyrically. HHH is far better songwriting lyrically than Wastelands but Wastelands is better technically written than HHH. I got what you mean though. DTB is a pretty nice song. ;)

Orange Box Nerd

Orange Box Nerd Drop the Keys to the Kingdom

This. Sure these kind of lyrics make the song "emotional" at times, but after 4-5 albums saying the same exact thing, I just want the band to go to new lyrical lands that we haven't seen them go before. It would be a great new journey that the band hasn't shown us before.
    (idk, maybe I'm just spoiled from all the Linkin Park music)

Deliveranze

LOL. Yeah, that would be nice. :) I mean, it's kinda hard at this point to have the band not use those words on an album but they do need to write something that the band hasn't really explored. A storytelling track would be interesting...

Migueltorres

Mike said that he and Brad spoke about what was it like being father or something like that , would be really nice to see them relate to specific themes instead of generic songwriting ( war , feeling betrayed by someone for unspecified reason,...) ��i m curious

Deliveranze

That would be awesome! I really would like more specific lyrics. :thumbsup::thumbsup: There is a feeling though that they are still afraid to go that route though.

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Yeah, I really like DTB as well, I wouldn't mind LP doing something like that again. I really love the ethereal feel throughout the whole song, one of the band's greatest strengths has always been layering sounds together like that IMO, although with DTB it's hard to know what's LP's and what's Aoki's. :lol:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

That's a good point. Very true

KarL_LewiS

KarL_LewiS Musician

I think its really cool that they're showing us what their doing in the studio DURING the album cycle instead of after the album's already out (like they did with the MTM and ATS making ofs). As a musician who's frequented the studio myself, its interesting to see that they do the exact same stuff my band does in the studio (especially with Brad sitting on the couch quietly playing guitar :D I've done that alot while they're recording drums and guitar) . Unbelievably hyped for the next album!!!!!

Try-hard Chimi

Try-hard Chimi Well-Known Member

this thread is hilarious

Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

I've been thinking, just how much does LP plan to change its songwriting approach this time around? I do wonder if we will see more songs that have a greater emphasis on progression with instrumentation or lyrics that flow into a narrative.

Also, the one band that comes to mind immediately when I think of great and varied lyrics that tell meaningful stories is Rise Against. It would be quite interesting if LP ever decided to collaborate with RA or even feature Tim McIlrath in a song. I think I read a while back that Rise Against has played with LP on stage during certain performances, so perhaps there is already chemistry between the bands.

20. Deliveranze

I believe someone (Brad?) mentioned rhyme structure being important or something. If that's the case, Mike better deliver on the rap verses. I do like that they are working with other artists and songwriters though. They seem to be helping the band flesh out ideas more. It's up to the band to take or leave those ideas and I hope they don't leave the ideas just because it breaks from the "Linkin Park" formula.