Future LP Collaborations

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Reed To Black, Feb 24, 2016.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

These aren't meant to be all on one song. Each would be seperate collaborations. :p

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Having stephen carpenter on a track would be awesome

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Carrie Underwood on something like Castle of Glass or TLTGYA. The "OHH"s at the end of tltgya is one of chester's most powerful vocal moments, but that stuff is like an everyday thing in Carrie's discography, she's such a great vocalist. I just wanna hear her and Chester on the same track, something like tltgya or rebellion (lyrically) where they're singing about the injustices of the world.

CHVRCHES (shinoda's biggest fans I know). But gosh they have such a great sound, and I can totally imagine it meshing with LP. Mike rapping over a Chvrches instrumental verse or bridge, and LP dropping some real-instrument moments in the mix to make it interesting. The mesh I'm thinking of would probably sound more like a FM and Chvrches collab than anything. Chvrches, unlike most artists I can think of, already have that dark element that LP already has, so I think it could work really well.

Halsey - She's pretty comparable to Chvrches, just not quite as good imo. But same reasons. Really a lot of her stuff sound like tracks straight out of LP's library (instrumentally).

Young The Giant - If you don't know who these guys are listen to the album Mind Over Matter in full, it's never gotten old to me in the 2 years it's been out. The lead singer has incredible range and can pretty much cover all of Mike's singing range to some of chesters, but him and Chester would make some awesome harmonies. And their guitar/bass lines are always awesomely busy, which is something I'm hoping for in LP's next album. Their heaviest thing is It's About Time, but I think they have potential to go a lot heavier, they could do it with LP. And it's about time is pretty comparable to lots of LP's tracks in terms of energy, like WID or BID I'd say.

Muse - Idk what this would be like since both artists have such a wide array of sounds, but I could totally imagine Chester screaming "Here come the drones" in Reapers and making the song 10X more awesome than it already is, or making Psycho a lot better than it is (I feel like Matt didn't really deliver aggresive enough vocals for how hard that song is instrumentally). Also, their song Assassin sounds just like rebellion in a lot of ways, but the vocals aren't very aggressive. And Mike could throw in one of his awesome keyboard synth solos like in Robot Boy or Welcome and that would add a lot in the one spot Muse hasn't been instrumentally compelling to me (synths).

Imogen Heap - She's just so creative. Half the stuff off her last two albums sound straight out of ATS in terms of creativity and atmosphere, I think her and the band would mesh really well. And she'd bring a very different tone to the vocal section. Her song 2-1 in particular is what made me first thing of this a long time ago. It has a very ATS feel to me, and her song "Getting Scared" has a lot of Meteora/HTish elements to it as well.

Brendan

Brendan Well-Known Member

If Kendrick and linkin Park ever collaped, i wouldn't want Mike rapping, i dont think he could keep up with King Kendrick. But Mike has surprised me before so who knows.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

If it were to happen, I personally wouldn't want to hear any LP band members rapping, singing or playing guitars

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

rocker94

rocker94 Well-Known Member

Jared Leto, Eminem or Lizzy Hale please!

Thervit

Thervit Member

I'd like to see LP collaborate with Bring me the Horizon, Of mice and men or Muse! I think that would be awesome :D

AThousandLivingTheories

AThousandLivingTheories Mark The Graves

All good ideas, but Idk about patrick stump.
    PVRIS or BMTH would be amazing. I so want to hear them collab with Lynn Gunn or Oli Sykes.
    Now, about OP saying "PLEASE NO EMINEM", I don't know whether to agree or disagree. Eminem is always either good or not good in his songs these days.
    But you know who they seriously need to collab with?
    Northlane.
    That would be amazing. Northlane isn't that well known, but I bet it would sound awesome.
    If you don't know Northlane, listen to their song "Rot". Style like that mixed with Linkin Park would be a masterpiece, IMO.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Riow Arai
    No Malice
    Killer Mike
    Kristofer Steen
    Underworld
    Max Martin. Yes, I'm serious.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

tony pls

HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

tony pls x2

Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

I mentioned in another thread that I'd really like to see Rise Against, or at least Tim McIlrath, collaborate with LP. I can only envision good things happening with a pairing like that. Who knows, RA might be able to help LP improve/refine their songwriting style and lyrical depth.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Yeah i agree. Especially with some more political stuff these guys are pretty cool in my opinion.

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Yeah, who knows. Though, Mike's flow has improved immensely. He surprised me with Pusha and the Skin to bone remix on Recharged. Though we haven't heard him use triple time flow since Esaul.....so.... :D I wouldn't mind. Kendrick is killing it though.

Austin Vicenty

Austin Vicenty No Longer Active

LP should collab with me :kappa:

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

Lupe Fiasco. Lyrically, there are few better. Plus, he already has connections with Mike through previous collabs and features on each others' projects.

I'll cosign the Kendrick suggestions. After hearing his new project and LP / Rakim, this has some serious potential to be a really powerful collab. Plus, we all know Mike is a fan and has mentioned him on occasion the past few months.

A far-off collab would be with Kid Cudi. He's a creative guy, interested in multiple facets of music, rock, rap, production, etc. Probably wouldn't happen, but I'd love to hear what LP and Scott could come up with together.

In terms of production, I don't see either of these happening either, but I would add them to my wish list: deadmau5 and Daft Punk. Joel is another artist interested in all different types of music, from Nine Inch Nails to Cypress Hill. He and Mike also share a similar production style, incorporating electronic beats with classical piano.

Daft Punk is my favorite band next to Linkin Park, so that one is kind of personal. :lol:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

This suggestion may be even further out of left field than others, but what about LP working with Amon Amarth?

I just recently discovered this band, and to sum it up, they are a metal band that specializes in writing songs based on Norse mythology and the honor/valor of Vikings. For LP and at least the lead vocalist of that band to do something together would be very interesting to me.

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

TWO TONYs!!!!! Ain't gonna deal with this shit, I'm leavin'...!!!

:halfkappa:
    _______
    Oh, ya'll opinions suck, btw...:)halfkappa:).. Here's mine:

TIL LINDEMANN ALL THE WAY,....

bitches!

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Don't hate :kappa:

He made "Can't Feel My Face"