Marvel Cinematic Universe — Phase III

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Will, May 7, 2015.

1. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Mads Mikkelsen as the villain in Doctor Strange:

[​IMG][​IMG]

That makeup is fucking insane man.

2. lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

Those eyes!!! <3

3. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Maybe the first good villain in a Marvel movie??

4. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Excited to see Oscar Isaac's performance

5. Gibs

6. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

There's no indication – yet – on whether or not it's going to be a part of the MCU, but Variety confirmed that Marvel has ordered Cloak & Dagger to series (without a pilot) on Freeform, which used to be ABC Family. It's not John Ridley's show, however.

7. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I'm sure it will be. I don't think Marvel has put out a TV show (yet) that's outside of the continuity of the MCU. Not exactly the channel I would want a Cloak & Dagger TV series to be on, but I mean, oh well I guess. Maybe they can get away with a darker tone and issues since it's a channel marketed towards young adults.

8. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Trailer coming during Jimmy Kimmel Live tonight*

*tonight for Americans

[​IMG]

9. Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Captain America Civil War clip

[video=youtube;52ebc-f8t8E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52ebc-f8t8E&feature=youtu.be[/video]

10. Will

Paul Rudd's wonderful. I can't wait for this movie.

I was hoping Cloak & Dagger would be sort of "paired" with The Runaways on Netflix or something. I know their stories are completely different, but they're often mentioned in the same sentence when people are talking about shows they'd like Marvel to make, but it still would've been nice to see. Marvel hasn't gone wrong yet (even Iron Man 3 and The Dark World are good in their own right), so I've got high hopes for Cloak & Dagger.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  11. Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Doctor Strange trailer

[video=youtube;Lt-U_t2pUHI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt-U_t2pUHI[/video]

Official: "Spider-Man: Homecoming"

[thumb]http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/3/40/570dd6326192b.jpg[/thumb]

12. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Benedict is an excellent actor, so I have no worries about the Dr. Strange film. If anything, the trailer reminds me vaguely of Batman Begins, but I'm sure that observation is probably annoying to some fans. The whole cast is spot on though.

13. Gibs

[​IMG]

14. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

that dr strange trailer was pretty trippy. are they going full ditko? hmm.

15. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

going full inception

16. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Gotta admit, the fight scenes here are more impressive now than most MCU stuff.

[video=youtube;h9fS-0xG170]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9fS-0xG170[/video]

[video=youtube;vYt-31JkKvY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYt-31JkKvY[/video]

[video=youtube;27_qmFNYldE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27_qmFNYldE[/video]

17. Gibs

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  18. lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

Michael Keaton is no longer in talks to be in Spider-man Homecoming.

Inhumans has been removed from the phase 3 line-up but Feige states it is an issue of when not if.

19. Will

The rumor's that Marvel couldn't afford to cast Michael Keaton after casting Robert Downey Jr. in Homecoming.

I doubt the rumor's true, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's true. RDJ seems to think he needs to make ten times as much as the next actor in any movie he's been in ever since his first contract expired. I know all the other actors have contracts that pay them specific amounts and whatnot, but RDJ can ask for any amount of money he wants and Marvel's more or less forced to pay it if they want him to be in a movie. Civil War almost didn't happen because RDJ wanted to be paid more, and it's likely that he asked for a stupid amount of money to be in Homecoming when I'll bet he'll get less than 30 minutes of screen time and probably won't even appear as Iron Man. People keep bringing up the fact that he got his castmates raises for Age of Ultron even though Mark Ruffalo said that wasn't true because they've all got contracts and RDJ doesn't. He can literally ask for as much money as he wants and like I said, Marvel can't say no if they want him in their movies.

Anyway, I don't much care for RDJ anyway, and so that influences my opinion of him, but still.

20. Gibs

I'd say he's completely justified in asking for as much money as he wants. He's the most valuable asset Marvel has. A film with Iron Man now is a guaranteed billion dollar hit. He's the one that puts butts in the seats. Civil War is going to make well past a billion, and that's because of him. I can guarantee you Thor: Ragnorak won't breach a billion. It may have both Thor and Hulk, but they aren't Robert Downey Jr. I'd do the same exact thing in his position.

Even if RDJ asked for a buttload of money to appear in Spider-Man, I feel like the main reason Michael Keaton ceased talks is because superhero films just arent his thing, especially given Birdman. I see it as the same situation as Joaquin Phoenix not doing Doctor Strange. Superhero films just aren't artistically viable for him.