Studio Pictures Thread

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Hybrid, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Agreed.
    I loved the out of the blue release of "Guilty All The Same".

I just hope the build up is worth it (I have a feeling that it will be).

2. Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

3. JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

"An update from the studio is coming to email subscribers tomorrow. Link in bio to connect."

[​IMG]
    Click above for the video with music!

Do you guys think that beat in the background is an actual WIP from the studio?! I mean, Mike said they would like to share even some music soon.
    Well, it would be very early, but I love the vibe of the beat. (Do you hear that? A base-line, pleasant to the ears!) Plus it would say they don't focus on making a whole acoustic album, like many here assumed (or hoped).
    Whatever, I'm exited! :D

Edit: Got ninja'd! Well, I'll just leave this here for the non-facebook-users...

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  4. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Could be the next LPU-exclusive demo we'll get in June, or it could be a demo we'll never get. I doubt that it's something from the upcoming album, personally.

5. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Not getting my hopes up but I hope so much that this is fresh music they're giving us a taster of. Even if it's just a random beat that doesn't make the album, I really like the direction they'd be going in if this is indeed what the new music is starting to sound like.

6. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

I think it just sounds like something Mike spontaneously made on Maschine or an MPC. Or it could be some really old beat he still has.

7. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

This beat is just intricate enough that I think it would be possible as like an intro section to song, where real drums and a cleaner guitar come in after the first chorus or something. But it sounds more like a demo, maybe something from this cycle they've already decided to scrap?

8. Kiq

Kiq We're a broken people living under loaded gun

9. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

10. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I hope they release that track eventually, it's really good. Don't know why they've kept it unreleased for 13 years or more.

11. Vinifeijo

12. Kiq

Kiq We're a broken people living under loaded gun

Actually wasn't me, the user 'Capacity' from LPLive who found it, but I thought would be cool to share with you too :)

13. JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

Uh, seeing that video I actually remember hearing the song before. Damn.

I agree!
    Also I wonder how exactly the beat landed in the preview, knowing it is already so old. Maybe they just randomly stumbled upon it in their music library and thought, well, let's just use that again, it's cool. :lol:

14. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Fansite members, literally every time a teaser of new music comes out: "OMG THIS IS SO GOOD HOPE LP GOES IN THIS DIRECTION IN THE FUTURE"

Same exact fansite members, literally every time new music is actually released: "EWW THIS ISN'T WHAT I WANTED THIS SUX"

I sincerely hope the choice to include a snippet of some old discarded Meteora demo that probably never saw the light of day for a good reason in the studio timelapse for the new album was an intentional troll move. Meteora is the most universally hated album in the catalog when it comes to people on fansite forums, and the quality of the synth-y samples on that clip immediately sounded "2003 or earlier" to me. Not surprised at all to discover it was in a Meteora LPTV episode. Seeing people go "THIS IS SO GOOD LP SHOULD GO IN THIS DIRECTION...wait this is from Meteora?" is the funniest thing I've seen in the community in a looooooong time. I can see it now, Mike sitting around the studio: "Man, feedback from our fans is useless because they'll lap up any teaser clip we throw at them but turn around and hate it when the finished product comes out. OH I KNOW, let's tease them with a clip from some garbage demo from over a decade ago and make them think it's something new, I bet they'll eat that shit up just like anything else, and watching them do a 180 when they find out where it came from will be HILARIOUS."

...Or at least, that's what I would do if I was Mike. But then again, I'm a petty, cynical, bitter asshole.

15. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Chill out...

I don't think it was a troll move by Mike towards people who dislike Meteora. I personally think it's just an old beat he has in one of his archives. The band has always used b-sides, instrumentals, demos, etc for background music in their vlogs.

I understand the frustration of people disliking Meteora material for the sake of it. You sound pretty judgmental about people though. I don't think the issue of people liking the beat is that serious. If people who dislike Meteora happen to like a beat that's incidentally a discarded idea from that album, it doesn't make them vapid or oblivious. It just means they like the beat.

16. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I, for one, have never disliked the electronics on any LP album. In fact, I hardly ever have any serious issue with the instrumentation/sonics or the harmonic and melodic content in LP songs, "Meteora" songs included.

Plenty of "Meteora"-era instrumental demos have been dropped via LPU and I (plus many others) think they're all alright. As for "Meteora" itself being "universally hated" in LP fan communities ... that is completely untrue :lol:

All that said, that instrumental might sound like it was made in the early 2000s, yes, but it doesn't necessarily scream "Meteora", IMO. And the fact that it comes from that era isn't really that important anyway, since people have said that they think it sounds good in its own right

17. UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

I don't know why but somehow to me it has Fort Minor all over it lolol

18. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Oh no, it's almost as if fan sites consist of multiple different people with multiple different opinions! Never would have guessed!

It's absolutely amazing to me how you somehow completely missed every, single, reason why people don't like Meteora. Like. Wow.

Angsty lyrics? Not in this clip.

Boring power chord intros? Not in this clip.

Same old song structures on every song? Not in this clip.

You know, maybe other people like this clip because other people are open minded enough to enjoy certain aspects of albums like Meteora? I've always enjoyed the band's more ambient, chill, electronic tracks, and this track certainly doesn't scream "ANGSTY NU METUL WITH GITARZZZ" to me. It's a good clip, like so many other good clips the band made around Meteora. Thing is, nothing like this even made the final cut of Meteora, except for Session, which, surprise surprise, is a fan favourite from the album.

Sorry for getting annoyed, but... Wow...

19. Vinifeijo

20. chayand1

chayand1 Well-Known Member