Linkin Park Shares Studio Update #3

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Apr 22, 2016.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Personal lyrics should be interesting. I think their most explicitly personal song was In Pieces. Didn't Chester say that song was about his first wife?

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

It's about that relationship, the subsequent relationship and the breakdown/transition in his life in-between

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Most of the songs that have Chester 80-100% on it are about relationships (from my interpretation). Mike tends to write more about social issues, critics, and the music industry. I prefer it when Chester writes and performs most of or all of the lyrics.

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

I don't think that's really fair to say when looking at when Mike sings rather than raps. Of all of the songs where he's sung more than one little bit, the vast majority have been about relationships (In Between, Burning In The Skies, Blackout, Iridescent, Castle of Glass, Roads Untravelled), with really only Rebellion being about anything social or political. I guess the Catalyst too? The only two other ones I've left out that he sings a lot in are Skin to Bone, which I'd guess I'd put into the "relationships" group but It's not really clear, and A Line in the Sand, which I think could be put in either group. He definitely talks about the things you mentioned in his raps, though.

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Yeah, you're absolutely right. I overlooked that completely.

mastae

mastae Some Honky

I like this. I'd rather they take their time and come out with something great instead of another LT or THP (I enjoyed both those albums enough but felt they were both a bit one-note).

Like the idea of them focusing on personal lyrics, but sometimes, what they claim is personal doesn't really resonate (never really felt stuff like In Pieces, whereas In Between feels personal as fuck, but they hyped In Pieces as being the more personal one). I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking lyric-wise, but I bet the band members relate to whatever lyrics they're writing moreso than the lyrics themselves being particularly inventive or complex.

After THP, I'm looking forward to new styles/sounds. Personally, I always really like the Mike/Chester harmonies. I always felt there was a thread of connection between songs like Papercut and The Catalyst. I think both those songs do such a great job of exploring their vocal dynamic and bringing a harmony together at the end.

I just really don't want power chords :(

MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

The lack of LP related news is killing me....not used so few articles...in general, not just LPA. Guess they are heads down on the next album.

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

I prefer the more personal songs like ln Pieces. It moves me more than songs like Rebellion for example. To me, songs like Rebellion are nice for the instrumental and the melodies, not necessarily the lyrics (not that the lyrics aren't good, I just don't relate to them much).

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

For me its almost the opposite, i really likee it if they get into more "political" stuff.

Faker

Faker Well-Known Member

Personally I would love to see something that fuses Luna with the live version of darker than blood the aoki one Luna got a very nice instrumental in addition to the singing melody of Mike and Darker than blood got some intense vocals from Chester which are my favorite for me, something between these 2 tracks would be the cherry on the top

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

+1

Migueltorres

Migueltorres Well-Known Member

this zero news period is just killing me ... hope they drop some big news soon

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Tell me about it, bruh. I've had LP's discography on shuffle for days. I need something now!!!! :p

crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

I feel like we're in the calm before the storm phase right now. I think June is going to be the month when things really begin to move forward and become exciting.

Migueltorres

I hope so i m trying to distract myself with the new Radiohead

Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

If those studio updates are monthly, then next week we should get a new one. And this time i think there will be really relevant stuff.

Deliveranze

I sure hope so. I don't even care if they just release the album title. I also hope there is more than 12 songs too. Of course, 1 instrumental and 1 interlude will likely be on there, so maybe 13 or 14 tracks to balance it.

Migueltorres

New studio update coming soon , hallelujah

Deliveranze

Really?

Migueltorres

Yea check out their FB page they said that