Mike Shinoda shares clips of new music

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, May 26, 2016.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Man, people would have been disappointed with anything, short of a complete derivative nu-metal album. :rolleyes:

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Is the clip in the op all there is. The title says clips.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

There are two clips, but Kevin combined them into one file since they were both so brief.

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

Man.. I like the sound....

About the lyrics, you guys remember Breaking The Habit Demo? LPU XIV (?)? Same thing I guess. Mike's just blabbing to find the right rythm, right rhyme, before they finalise the lyrics.

Just my guess.

EDIT: Kinda fits FM more.

Last edited: May 27, 2016
    Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I just see this as a really awkward time to be doing another FM song, maybe a few months ago when they were just diving back into recording the new LP album but they're so far into the process now that it seems like it would be a huge distraction. I can't envision something this sample-based ending up on an LP studio album either, so unless this is for some other unknown side project, the Lonely Island track is really the only thing I can think of right now.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

That guitar is funky, I want less Mike rapping though, I want some regular singing over rap like beats, that'd be great, because the rap beats are usually really good, but the rap is not.

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

I guess I'm falling behind, I haven't heard anything about a LI track. But this doesn't sound like an LP track lyrically, and if that's a sample and not original guitar, it seems much less likely that it would be a FM track as well. I would be happy to hear guitar like that on LP7 though.

HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't like the lyrics, but I would love to have guitar like that in LP7.

thor

thor Well-Known Member

which is sorta surprising because all they've talked about for this record was the lyrics and how "personal' it was.

Astat

Lonely Island track info is two news posts below this one.

Save for the more hip hop-styled drum beats, the music in this is entirely sampled from Janis Joplin's "Piece of My Heart."

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I was under the impression all these years that Pictureboard was meant to originally be released all those years ago

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

Yo guys the song is a Hot Karl aka Jensen Karp song called "Like Riding a Bike" his memoir Kanye West Owes Me 300 Dollars comes out June 7th along with the track, he premiered the song on his podcast Get Up On This, which Mike Shinoda was a guest back in 2011 on the very first episode. Listen here https://soundcloud.com/getuponthispod/246-jensen-matty#t=1:00:25

It's fuckin straight fire, you could melt steel beams with this shit.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    Astat

It was on the preliminary LPU 9 tracklisting (hence it having an entry in the BMI database), but was replaced with Across the Line at the last minute after said sample clearance issues arose. Probably was written as a demo with the idea of potentially including it on the debut album but obviously never got any farther in the process than stuff like She Couldn't, Blue, Slip, etc. did. No need to spend the time/money clearing the sample if the song doesn't make the cut. Still, waiting 10 years before trying to get a sample clearance isn't really any better than waiting 15 or 17, lol.