Linkin Park & The Fray MASHUP - What I've Done To Save a Life

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by Mike8778, Sep 7, 2016.

Mike8778

Mike8778 New Member

Hey, what do you guys think of this song mashup I made ! I've been a Linkin Park fan since around Grade 6 or 7 so I hope I did LP justice with this mashup. Any constructive criticism would be great, thanks!

Alexrednex likes this.
    Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

The "Save A Life" vocal sounds a little too close-up and intimate for the instrumental under it. You could reduce the lows and add a tiny bit of dly or something like that to make it a little spacious like the drums are, make that blend happen. Also, warp the vocal rhythmically a bit more to really fit the beats - that singing is kind of loose and doesn't work 100% with the militaristic precision of the instrumentation

The best idea here is the first chorus w/ the low-passed, high tenor "What I've Done" vocal underneath the high-passed, lower "Save A Life" vocal. That contrast is great

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    Alexrednex likes this.
    Mike8778

Mike8778 New Member

Thanks, and oops, I'll go post there instead!

I appreciate the thorough constructive criticism! This gives me a bunch of stuff to keep in mind for next time, thanks!

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Great ideas, the execution could had been better(basically the things that minuteforce pointed out), but I still enjoyed it a lot.

Now I am even more excited for the idea of the next LP album being slower/melodic/pop-ish.