The Venting Out Thread 2

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Michele, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Two days ago me and my friends were laughing in the rain at what was our last get-together before people started leaving for college.

That rain just stopped today. One aunt has already lost her house in the flooding, two more are on the verge if the water doesn't crest. None of those three can afford it. They're all in financial difficulties. What the actual fuck is happening?

2. outcastboy

outcastboy Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips?

so... a friend of mine tried for months to get this girl, who is also a friend of mine (the 3 of us study together), and they started an open relationship because she just ended a long relationship and didnt want to compromise at the moment. then she wanted to be with me, and he didnt bother at first, but them it got more regular and he got a bit pissed, as anyone would. but i like her a lot, and she also enjoyed what was going on, but we cant be together anymore for obvious reasons. now i feel kind of lovesick and dont know what to do.. its an very unusual situation, at least for me, and i cant get over her because she is a very loving and caring girl and she teases me even without noticing it. the best i could do is avoid them, but i dont want to lose em both as friends, but i cant pretend i dont feel something for her even if its just a momentary thing, being around her doesnt allow me to get over it.

3. polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Oi, shouldn't you discuss your feelings with the other party first before making decisions? You would never know the whole picture unless, right? Anyways, good luck man. Hope it all works out.

4. outcastboy

my decision is to do nothing, anything else would be very selfish and inapropriate, i'll probably have to just avoid them for a while until i feel confortable with the situation. feeling quite powerless at the moment.

5. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

It's hard to ignore since the feeling she gives you is something you don't really get from anyone else. But you have to avoid this situation because otherwise you're putting everyone into an even worse place.

Sometimes your infatuation clouds your perception on what's the best course of action. You really don't want to destroy relationships over this.

6. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

It's always great building up self confidence over months and then having it destroyed in one day. Guess I'm back to hating the way I look.

Captain-EO likes this.
  7. outcastboy

obviously i'll be the one that gets nothing out of it, i see that my friend is always unconfortable when i am around her, it would be a terrible thing to try anything. still she is always hugging me and being lovely, she's making it hard for me to be a moral person.

8. brady

I just don't know what I want to be or am supposed to be. Every time I think about my future I come close to having a panic attack. Everything from what college I want to go to, to what I want to study, to where I want to be, and what job I want, it all terrifies me. And this stress only multiplies my depression.

Captain-EO likes this.
  9. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

So my country's president is fucking embarrassing. You've probably heard of him now.

10. Modern Guitar God

I've seen him in the news several times. Scary.

11. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Kinda like the ones who could become our president. >.>

12. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

I know how that feels. It is stressful. I stressed about the same things. Now I'm a freshman in college. I started to realize that everything I stressed out about regarding college was myself being negative. I started stressing about choosing a major till I realized that you need to take things step by step. You need to think about your future but don't force yourself into a path that you don't want to set. Everyone was telling me I should go away for college but I didn't really want to just yet. I decided to listen to my gut and I stayed local for college, and I absolutely feel it was the best choice given the many changes you have to adapt to. Living on my own would have been one more huge thing to learn. You just have to listen to yourself and no one else. If you don't know what you want to do, all it takes is evaluating what you're currently like. If you like talking to people, sitting down and doing book work, or working with your hands- ponder that. You can make a career out of many things. I almost did finance and accounting till I realized I hate math, hate sitting down in an office, and hate not being able to interact with others. I looked at that and my passion for music and decided to major in either music production or music business. I know you're really into soccer. Consider your choices. There's Sports Management, Exercise Sciences, Sport Medicine... So much man. Don't freak out. Just think about it.

Edit: Oh, I didn't realize how long ago your post was, but I hope my post still helps. :lol:

Noosh likes this.
  13. Modern Guitar God

Absolutely do what makes you happy and excited about your day. Don't resort to pleasing others before yourself, as safe as that feels. You'll end up on a path that you might regret a few months or even years down the line. I learned that the hard way. I'm 28 now and wish I'd done things differently 10 years ago. The most I've had to show were being a store manager and inspecting parts for Honda. Had nothing to do with the things I love.

Also, not following your aspirations leads to intense depression and anxiety. You'll worry more about what you're supposed to be doing and why you're not getting closer to it. And as years pass, you might panic about getting older and still being indecisive. Again, best thing is to listen to your instinct.

14. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

This is quite late to the convo but yeah. I've never looked at therapy with that kind of judgement. I spoke to my father shortly after the episode and we both agreed it was the best choice.

About two months later I broke the ice and went to a psychiatrist, who diagnosed me with mild depression. It was coming and I accepted it, along with the work I needed to do next. She's very comprehensive and very on-point with her guidelines, I made a rather quick recovery with some homework and light medication, she was impressed. So far it's been 5 sessions already, averaging once a month.

A few weeks ago I had my latest session and have to say I backtracked a couple of steps, but nothing to worry about because it's normal to stumble, the grass isn't always green and it takes some effort to apply the knowledge I've gathered when the car is moving. She actually congratulated me for being very honest and self-aware, as I pointed out on which ocassions I missed the target right at the start of the session. Sincerity here is a key point, as I wouldn't make any progress if I lied to or misled her as to how am I doing or feeling.

I like going there, but as I said on my latest session, the goal is talking off the training wheels, and being able to keep myself in the right lane without needing medication. We both agreed so I'm aiming towards that.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  15. HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

Well, there is a fat guy that is constantly bothering me and makes me look stupid and a coward in front of my class. So I speak with some friends and they told me that the best way to finish this is to punch his face surprisingly and then hit him very hard. I recognise it and I'm afraid. I did TaeKwonDo for 2 years when I was 10 (I'm 15) so I have a good punch technique but he is stronger than me. I'm faster than him but I'm afraid of make a mistake. And don't tell me to talk to him or to ignore him because I tried it before and didn't work. This problem started 2 years before and I can't live like this all my high school years. I tried every possible method but the only one left is to fight against him. I will do it on Monday but I admit it, I'm fucking scared.

16. outcastboy

i'd say go for it,
    i regret never hitting back the guy that annoyed me back in the day, i didnt want to get into trouble at school or explain the situation to my parents, but i surely would be very proud of myself today, if i had done something about it.

17. brady

What?? Don't punch the dude. You're better than that. He's an asshole, I get it, I've been in (and currently am in) your shoes. It may seem like you can't take it, but violence is not the answer. Talk to a guidance officer or principle or something, get him in trouble, not yourself. If you talk to someone, then he gets warned. He continues it, he gets suspended, and his life gets a whole lot worse. Be the bigger man.

18. HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

Hell no! If I do that I would look like a coward and I don't want to be that. I need to gain respect, and maybe the dude will punch me outside of the school, and that's not more an school responsability. Please, I know that fighting against him is the only and the best option available, I need motivation to do it.

P.S: Sorry. Motivation? Maybe you don't know what he did and it's my fault for not mention it. He talked shit about me, my family (especially my dad when he was suffering of a serious illness and was about to die), and so on. I have to do it, but I don't fucking understand why I'm still doubting. I need someone to encourage me. I need to beat his ass.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  19. Modern Guitar God

Fighting probably won't change anything

Captain-EO and brady like this.
  20. brady

You really don't "have to do it," but it looks like you have your mind made up and I can't change it so I'll stay out of it then.