Interview with Phoenix: new music out early next year

Discussion in 'News' started by Filip, Oct 8, 2016.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Finally some news for all the impatient fans out there. The guys and gals over at Road to Revolution BR have found an interview with Phoenix conducted by the British Courier, recorded after a round of golf at Carnoustie Links. The brief interview talks mainly about Phoenix's experiences with golf, but he briefly touches on the topic of the new Linkin Park album and gives us all the information we were all so desperately craving. He mentions that the band has been in the studio a lot, which we all knew by the incredible amounts of studio photos the band has been uploading to Instagram. At the end of the video, he says the band are approaching the final stages of making the album, and that he hopes to have new music out early in 2017, followed by the full album and a tour around March or April.

In the meantime, there's a lot to look forward to. We can probably expect at least one or two studio updates coming our way, and Chester will continuing his streak of guesting at The Hellcat Saints shows on November 3rd at a charity event. After that, he will perform as part of Kings of Chaos for three nights in a row at the beginning of December.

Watch the interview with Phoenix here.

Excited to find out the album title? Curious about the final release date? Excited for a particular collaboration? Join the discussion in our forums!

Source: The Courier via Road to Revolution BR

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I like the possibility, that tghe album could come out on my birthday :lol:

Otherwise, not much thats new for us imo. We knew that it will be next year and that they will take their time. Just hope they will come to Rock Am Ring next year :awesome:
    I dont think that the next studio updates will be more informative than the last ones, so we have to wait for next year to listen to some stuff (or atleast to guess how it sounds).

Captain-EO likes this.
    LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

So, the first single would be out around Jan/Feb. Still 3-4 months to go.
    But hey, I like that they took some extra time for this album. Would be exciting to see the collaborations on this album given how they are probably keeping the big ones under wraps.

One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

Well better newsI am glad that they are taking their time. Of course they could rush it and make a shit album. But considering they perfer to take their time shows that they want to make something good like always.

Mkvx likes this.
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Good work on this post, @Filip. :)

Filip

We have a like button, gosh. :rolleyes:

:kappa:

Captain-EO likes this.
    brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

And I wish there was a dislike button

:kappa:

Captain-EO likes this.
    Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

FINALLY. SOMETHING worthy of mention, hope it lives up to the expectations :D

March or April does not sound bad at all, my birthday's on March 22nd so if they're looking for any date suggestions that one should be taken into account :lol:

That also implies lead single could be released either January or February, which means we might get new LP candy sooner rather than later. WOOP.

Modern Guitar God likes this.
    Dragondust

Dragondust Lingering distortion LPA VIP

I'm still pissed he wasn't here in Chaska for the Ryder Cup...grrrr....

Zane likes this.
    Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

WHEW! Hypetrain!!!!!! Well this is exciting! So, like said, probably January or February a first single. I can wait till next year. :)

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

It kind of annoys me that they started the hype train so early with the "studio updates".
    With that said, I have a feeling, based on everything we heard about the album so far, that it's going to be one of their best.

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

At least their slowly chugging the hype train along

dutchsoldier

dutchsoldier Well-Known Member

Looking forward to a few action packed months!

Dayz

Dayz Now or Never

Next year seem good, this year is quite BS in almost everything around the world and also close to the end of the year; releasing it next year seem like a fresh new start for the new year.

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

That's pretty much what I expected, glad they're taking their time with this one.

Whatever it is I'll probably dislike it at first and act like it's the worst thing they've done, then after 100 plays and a year or two later I'll say it's some of their best work :halfkappa:

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

This was a bit of a surprise to me... I expected for them to work another year on the album, since Mike said in his letter back in June that they want to experiment and stuff. Or is 6-7 months enough for experimenting?

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Didn't they go into the studio last November/December or something? I honestly can't remember but I seem to remember it being before the new year, in which case this should be the longest time in studio since ATS.

Filip

It all really depends how you look at it and what you consider the start time.

The sessions that spawned "Welcome" were technically LP7 sessions, which spawned at least 3 more demos, which are mentioned in the Making of Welcome LPTV. That was was back in February 2015, which is over a year and a half ago. But then in December Mike was already starting to talk about writing more traditionally (our podcast), and they kept that attitude since then, so, not like they scrapped it. They stopped touring back in September 2015, not counting the 3 shows in November, so, in my head, they've been in the studio for a while now. Over a year for sure.

Iopia likes this.
    TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Yes, but they had different approach this time around... they had words and melodies done by June, so Mike's statement about wanting to experiment was regarding instrumentation. dunno

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

They've been working on this album for a pretty long time. At this point, over a year. And they still probably will record for at least 2-3 more months. That's quite a decent time to work on a record, this definitely was not rushed.