Linkin Park Discuss New Album and LPU 16 in Facebook Live Stream

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Nov 15, 2016.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Hiphop oriented doesn't quite mean rapping though. It could just be hiphop influenced in sound, but not actually contain raps.

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Eh, I guess in I'm in the minority. I love the rapping. I would say give it a chance for this record at least. An album focused on lyrics first with no rapping would seem kind of a missed opportunity. If Mike doesn't deliver (I guarantee their will be people who won't like it regardless how good or bad it is) then I can understand not wanting them.

chris2

chris2 Smiling At Strangers On Trains LPA Super Member

^^ Nah, I'm in the same boat. I'd love some quality rapping, which I'm sure Mike is capable of. (without cheesy cliched lyrics)
    I'm all for a more mellow, soulful approach this time. It doesn't have to be all out heavy and visceral to be good. ATS is actually my favourite LP Album.

Deliveranze likes this.
    wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

I dont know if it has been cleared up, but,
    didnĀ“t they said that they were focusing on lyrics first and then in the instrumentation/music?????
    because, is weird for me that we will be getting 5 instrumental demos from the sessions of album 7 (the lyrics first album); i know i know, maybe they just throw away the lyrics for LPU16.

About LPU16, i dont know you guys, but, for me those albums are some kind on melancholyc albums because year after year is what i listen in the holidays and get attached to some experiences, and, revisiting the songs through the year gives to me this kind of sentimient.
    So i am very happy of another DEMOS year; i remember the old years of live performances and i am glad those days are gone.

About Album 7, I hope it to be more relaxed.
    I mean i want some songs like SOTD, TLTGYA, FM, BITS, IP.
    I mean songs to enjoy in a rainy day while driving to get some coffe.
    Songs to listen while getting asleep in bed with your girl or boy.
    But whatever they do i know i will enjoy it.

JonasTheRoman likes this.
    Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Totally agree. I'm liking the softer approach a lot. IF that vid of Mike singing from a couple months ago is where the album is going, this might be one of my favorite records. As for Mike's rapping, as long as he puts some technical profeciency in the verses, I'll be satisfied. It would be nice if he could drop the battle rap style for this record but I can't have it both ways. :p

Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

Surprised nobody pointed it out: where is Joe?

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Didn't watch the interview since it's almost an hour long. What I've gathered from these posts indicates that the album is headed in the right direction.

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

That sounds awesome, I'm looking forward to that thingy.
    Regarding the video: It feels kind strange how they are talking about things - between bandmembers - they should already know about in front of that camera. But, for example, Chester sounded so serious with the things he said. I guess I wouldn't have been able to do such a "normal" conversation in front of a camera (Don't even know if you understand what I am trying to say :D).

I know exactly what you are saying! :)
    That's why I love every LPU every end of the year, because of that special feeling around Christmas which the songs strongly connect to, and everytime I listen to them again I always get that vibe again.
    For me, that feeling is especially strong with LPU 13 as a whole and "Universe" as some kind of climax of the album.
    Perhap because, that winter '13, I started listening to the LPU tracks regularly.

Also thought about that. And they even said something like "now that we are all together here".

wolflink likes this.
    Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Joe left once Trump was elected.

I feel like the reason they are being so vague is because they don't want to spoil how the album is actually going to sound like.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

Joe wrote the video summary. You can find his thoughts on the first page.

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Busy making another Dave Sbeat for this LPU. :lol:

JonasTheRoman likes this.
    JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

Anyone here thinking, after seeing this, that they might even be going to drop something before Christmas?

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Nah, i am going with January

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Drop something Christmas day like Radiohead and LCD Soundsystem did last year.

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree with this. I can imagine them working hard to get a single out by january, but I don't think they're totally done recording and everything, as much as it sounded like they were done. I do think the full album will drop by summer though, I would be really surprised if we didn't get it before their festival tour.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

With this kind of mentality that they are confident on this album, it would be the perfect time to de-linkinpark-ify this album cycle album again. they should get rid of the singles like Numb, New Divide, One Step Closer, BURN IT DOWN, etc. and focus on these new tracks. let it be the new hits of this era. get rid of Ballad Medley and debut the acoustic version of Final Masquerade to replace that and mess with different variations of other classic tracks. It would be risky to drop these classic singles on the set but it's time to go deeper into their discography that deserves a spot on the setlist to be played.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    brady likes this.
    Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

Chester said something like: "Sometimes i fantasize about how the public would receive this album if it was our first one."

This makes me think... they're thinking this is their best album, but they don't want to say it because it creates high expectations. Not only just that, but i feel Chester wants to "forget" their older songs, and wants to live a new Linkin Park... but it would be too hard to vocalize for the fan base.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

That's why I like that they took more time in making this album instead of rushing it for 2016 release. I don't mind if they release it next year, though. Look what we've got, LT & THP; both good albums but it felt rushed.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Well, actually, Mike was pretty open about that. He specifically said that he wants this album to be their best from the very beginning. With that said, Chester was pretty vocal about his thoughts on the recording process too, after Scott died. He was very optimistic about the music, given the situation.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but they basically do that with every album nowadays :lol:

This new Linkin Park sound, whatever it is, will probably have a lifetime consisting of this very album cycle, and that's it.

Which is cool for the surprise, but in a way, that mentality stops them from really mastering one particular gender of music. At least, til now.