What are the best live performances of...

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by BTorio, Nov 22, 2016.

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

I thought this would be a fun thread, but also I just wanted some suggestions so I can throw some live tracks on my playlists haha. Let's name some songs, and contribute what your favorite performance of the song to listen to regularly is. Personally, I'm interested in how good the performance is, but also I want nice quality recording. For example, my favorite live OSC to listen to is off milton keynes. It's not the absolute best performance, but it's pretty damn good and also sounds really nice in the car.

What are the best recordings/performances of:
    Ballad Medley
    What I've done, with extended solo
    Breaking the Habit, with the piano intro
    Waiting for the End with extended outro

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I like the performance of "When They Come For Me" from the 2010 Madison Square show, except for the fact that the proshot recording is censored

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

All of those tracks you mention are pretty consistently solid live. I'd have a hard time picking a single performance for each. You'd be hard pressed to find a better performance than Breaking The Habit from Summer Sonic 2006 though. Here's a few of my favourites:

Lost In The Echo - Summer Sonic 2013
    It's as if the band resurrected Chester from 2006 specifically for this performance - his screams are fucking balls-to-the-walls magical.

Faint - Rock Am Ring 2007/Auburn 2007
    Basically listen to any performance of Faint from 2007 and have your body rocked. I'd argue this song was the peak of Linkin Park's live performance.

*Faint starts up at 4:20 in the video below*

Given Up - Montreal 2008
    Gotta love that full uninterrupted 18-second scream. Not to mention bonus points for doing it in Canada.

The Little Things Give You Away - Anywhere 2007
    Never heard this band more soulful. Brilliant, brilliant stuff. Milton Keynes performance is good, but they dropped the beautiful vocal improvisation intro by Chester.

New Divide - Red Square, Moscow 2011
    Somehow they fucking nailed it. The extended intro doesn't hurt either.

A Place For My Head - London 2008
    That ambient guitar solo intro by Brad is amazing, and the moment the crowd realizes it's APFMH they go ballistic and it sends chills down my spine. Not to mention, Chester has an incredible improvised scream before the bridge (that I honestly feel was him off-time thinking the song is in the outro-stage and forgetting about the bridge, but makes a brilliant mistake nonetheless), and the rest of the performance is excellent.

QWERTY - Summer Sonic 2006
    The God of live Linkin Park.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
    Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

If you have these from the DSPs, could you upload and link them? The DSP program is no more so links should be ok ... fuck it, I'm an admin and I say it's damn well OK!

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I forget what the actual policy was on that. If I recall DSPs were okay to be linked at one time, and then all of a sudden one day were not. Like out of the blue they couldn't be hosted anymore. I may be wrong though. If anyone would know it'd be @Hahninator. I've tagged him in this thread.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

LPL has a big master torrent of all the shows, so I just assumed that it wouldn't be a problem.

My view on it is: if it can't be bought then it is ok to share, as long as it is live shows.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

I think the best performance of Waiting For The End is this one

And this is the best extended version of WFTE

Hahninator

Hahninator Well-Known Member

You can share the DSPs now. They are no longer able to be purchased and are completely offline. The site is as dead as it gets. The "as long as it's live and able to be bought, it can be shared" doesn't always apply, see Live in Texas and Road to Revolution, both of which you can still buy. We did a master DSP torrent on LPLive but need to do an update to it as we have a few things to fix on it. We tried to at least get one version of it out to everyone.

Re: first post. Beijing 2015 has a nice Ballad Medley. WID w/ solo, a good one is Toronto 2014. BTH w/ piano intro definitely LPU 6's Summer Sonic 2006. WFTE w/ outro...hmmm. WFTE without an outro at Rio+Social 2012 is the best WFTE ever to me, but they cut the outro. The Berlin 2012 one with the outro is good.

Re: other post.

"Lost In The Echo - Summer Sonic 2013
    Faint - Rock Am Ring 2007/Auburn 2007
    Given Up - Montreal 2008
    The Little Things Give You Away - Anywhere 2007
    New Divide - Red Square, Moscow 2011
    A Place For My Head - London 2008
    QWERTY - Summer Sonic 2006"

VERY NICE *BORAT* - my God I couldn't come up with a better list if I tried. These are THE performances of these tracks, I mean this list is 110% flawless. TLTGYA from LPU7 in Atlanta is good (Mike dedicates it to NOLA). But lots of great 2007 ones, even in Asia, etc.

Great thread!

HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

Strange that nobody mentioned Points of Authority performed in 2007 and 2008 with those extended intros and outros. That definetely gave life to the song.

Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Here some of my favourite broadcasted live performances:

A Place for my Head (Rock Am Ring 2004)

Step Up/Nobodys Listening/It's Going Down (Rock Am Ring 2004)

Fant (Rock Am Ring 2007)

In Pieces (Live At Rock In Rio 2008)

The Little Things Give You Away (Live Projekt Revolution 2007)

Wretches And Kings (Live MTV Europe Music Awards in Madrid 2011)

When They Come for Me (Live @ Saturday Night Live NYC 2011)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

There's always been something so incredibly real and honest about that peformance of Waiting for the End. I love it so much.

And who could forget that cover of Rolling in the Deep?

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

TBH I'm not sure if they're all DSPs or not. I also wouldn't have the foggiest idea how to upload them lol.

Lost In The Echo and New Divide I ripped from Youtube in the highest quality possible, and QWERTY/TLTGYA are from LPU's. I can link to youtube recordings though in my original post.

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Ha, I totally forgot about that summer sonic 2013 performance. Chester was indeed on fire there. I was lucky enough to see the same kind of performance a couple of weeks earlier at sunset strip.

HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member