Linkin Park Working On New Music Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jan 15, 2017.

1. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

They could turn to Apple Music, but I guess they'd shut out a significant portion of interested fans that way

2. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

Yeah, THP was not 12 songs. It was 11. The Summoning, like Empty Spaces and Foreword before should not have been a track in it's own right imo. None of those add enough to be counted as individual tracks.

3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

People focus too much on track numbers I feel. A longer album doesn't necessarily mean a 'better album'. Sure it's more material to listen to, but an album needs to sound cohesive too. Too many filler tracks can bring a great album down.

4. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

I had a dream that the new album was called "Countdown to Brix." No clue where the hell it came from but I woke up excited and then sad at the same time.

5. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

I had a dream half a year ago where I heard the first single. I remember it having hurricane/wind in the title/lyrics.
    I still have a vivid memory of how it sounds.
    Dreams are weird (too much hype) :b

6. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Now that you quote that example, as a fan of Disturbed that was pretty awesome. The single just dropped ouf of nowhere along with complete album information after a few cryptic gif tweets. But what made that more special is that they were on a hiatus and actually recorded the whole thing secretly, while purposedly diverting the attention posting regular family updates on their social media.

Not the case for LP, but no less exciting nevertheless.

Such as me. I hope they don't do Apple or Spotify shit, unless they want fans to take shady routes to listen before general release. I wouldn't recommend it.

7. Derek

Just to make sure we're on the same page, what I was referring to was how the advance was handled for review purposes :). The single itself was pretty much launched by surprise, as the band (Disturbed) intended it that way.

8. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

MIKE SHINI-ODA

9. alee87

alee87 Active Member

Throwback to the night when I was listening to BBC one live and Chester unveiled Until it's Gone from THP

10. Derek

So it's basically confirmed that whatever is coming on Tuesday on LPC is not new music. Adam basically came in the thread on their FB page and said "I can confirm you don't have a CD with new music. I know this because CDs with new music don't exist". He works for Warner and has been involved partially with the marketing for this upcoming record, so I trust his word over others.

So there you have it. Promo CDs of the new album do not exist yet. Whatever is coming on Tuesday from LPC, while likely very cool, will NOT be new music.

11. Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

It's pictureboard, guys.

Sasuke likes this.
  12. Derek

Meh. Mike himself said that track can't be released due to samples. And Pictureboard on a promo disc? That song is very old. Unless the band had at one point intended to release it through LPU, and put it on a promo disc after being signed to Warner? Probably unlikely.

13. Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

It was apparently supposed to be on LPU9 originally, but I see no source on that. http://linkinpedia.com/index.php?title=Pictureboard

14. Jovertop

Jovertop Well-Known Member

Thx for the information. But what about the tweet from Chesters wife saying theyre dropping new music this week

15. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

So do you think that disc thing is an unreleased LP song though?
    Didn't she just say new music? She never specified this week.

16. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Lol she said absolutely nothing about this week. She only said she was spending time with her husband before the whole album promo kicks off, didn't say when, she's smarter than that.

17. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

What the fuck is pictureboard

18. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Picture Board is a myth.

19. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

Even though it may not have anything to do with the new album, that LP Catalog thing could still be unreleased material. That's still worth looking forward to imo, unless it's nothing.

She didn't specify a date, but regardless we're getting close to something soon, the album's been done. I imagine most of it is ready to go at this point or being finalized like the music video, now we just wait.

Kevin posted the link above, http://linkinpedia.com/index.php?title=Pictureboard

We'll probably never hear it. Mike himself said it's not that great anyways.

20. zayl

zayl Friendly neighbor revenge seeking vigilante

I just love this conspiracy-hype theories you guys just started! I feel like i've just bought the ticket for this train and I'm ready to take off :)