Rumor: Linkin Park to Feature Kiiara on New Song

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Feb 2, 2017.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I bet we'll get a song on Friday

Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

Living things part 2 confirmed :kappa:

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Wait we got some real news?

[​IMG]

Ready for the single to drop

Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Living Things didn't focused on the Lyrics

Hybridora

Hybridora Well-Known Member

I find it odd that the body specifics are defined as they are that I almost want to say it isn't reliable info....does anyone know if this a common way of asking for a "double" in a professional music video gig? Not the biggest fan of the first song, not so much because of her voice but just the excessive "glitchyness" with her voice. It isn't terrible but just not exactly my thing in the way that it was done. I do like the second one however and it is a better display of her voice. Someone said it would be the first LP song with a female vocalist....I'm guessing that they mean main album because otherwise that isn't true as Reanimation's "My<Dsmbr" featured Kelli Ali.

I get what you mean, but I would actually say that Burn It Down was their last "universal hit".

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Not gonna lie, I thought Gold was the most annoying song in the world when it blew up a while back, and I'd probably still think so if K.Flay's Blood in the Cut wasn't a thing. :lol:

brady likes this.
    Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

This didn't count
    first: it was only a Remix
    second: she only sings backing.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Kiiara? Really? :sick:

Dyl

Dyl Well-Known Member

THE HYPE IS REAL! Hope we get the song this Friday!

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

This happens every album cycle: fans are split down the middle. Just means they're doing something right.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    Sa6o_dfg likes this.
    Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Derek...come on now. :lol:

brady likes this.
    BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Ah, I've had Kiiara recommended to me by spotify tons of times. I recognize Gold. It's a style that sounds a lot like what has been on their playlists recently and that feels similar to other artists they've been with like Blackbear. Frankly, it's a style I'm not crazy about at all, the snaps/simplistic percussion sound with a synth bass is so lifeless to me, but I'm optimistic about what LP will do with it. I wouldn't be appreciative of many musical aspects if not for them, so I'm open to the idea of falling in love with this style after hearing what they've done.

Edit: Yeah, I wouldn't really call anything by Kiiara very experimental lol. Definitely will be a new sound to many LP fans, but not really groundbreaking.

Also, I wonder if this is a continuation of the music video they already shot, or if they're already shooting another video for another single? Or if the report of filming before was wrong, and it was just a photo shoot.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

I thought LP hated bubble gum pop? I guess we are getting another LP album based on relationships, and love.

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I actually like her music. No matter what because of the kind of band they are, they'll always polarize the fans. Though I think their albums generally have something in there for most fans to enjoy. I see no reason to think this will be any different. I really just want to know the album release date more so than the single, as it'll be the first time I skip a single to hear an album in full. I've waited this long, I can wait some more.

:CUMULUS:

Sa6o_dfg likes this.
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I'm hoping for Friday. New Motionless In White and Imagine Dragon singles came out this week. Linkin Park would top off this epic week!

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Why do you guys think that, just because she's on this new song, that the entire song or album for that matter will sound like her music? I'm sure there will be some influences, but it's not like when we found out Rakim was on a track that we got a Rakim song.

brady, Sasuke and RyRy like this.
    thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

Not good news. Prepare yourself for a RADIO friendly album to break back into the mainstream.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Just listened to that Gold track it's pretty terrible IMO. I don't know what LP is doing collaborating with these shitty artists. I was hoping they would get away from the recent cookie cutter music they've been putting out. This doesn't seem to instill a lot of faith.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

That's true. But also, Rebellion was totally 100% a System of a Down song, with Mike singing Serj's parts and Chester singing Daron's.

It's the patterns. On that album, it was Daron, Tom Morrello, Paige - all big figures from 90s rock. And the album we got was a throwback rock album.

On this one, it's Kiiara, Blackbear, Purity Ring. All artists that do the same sort of breath-y, quieter, minimalistic electronic beats. Like the XX or Lorde. So I'm guessing that's along the lines of what we're gonna get.

Alexrednex and RyRy like this.
    Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I'm not sure why we are assuming that Kiiara's collaboration automatically means this will be an electro pop song. Maybe it will be, but her vocals would work with other types of songs.