Rumor: Linkin Park to Feature Kiiara on New Song

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Feb 2, 2017.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Tom Morello was definitely NOT a highlight, IMO.

I don't really like this trend. It waters down the excitement of song release by the time the actual music video is out.

----------

I have to be honest and say I will give this a chance, but I am sort or a sworn enemy of autotune, or at least when it's used in the way she used it in 'Feels'. I like people who can actually sing.

And I am definitely not asking for a GUITARZ album at all BUT, have to say LP was always going to get smacked for their THP promoting, it was a promise that they could never keep. Makes it all look a lot more ridiculous than it already was back then.

Looling forward to more solid news.

Orena

Orena LP soldier, Writer

I was just hoping it wouldn't be the first single off the new album, lol. But like someone else said, just because she's (probably) featured in one song doesn't mean the whole record will sound like that.
    Plus, they've been so secretive with this, so many studio updates, but almost no info at all.

Anyways, we're just guessing on here, everything will be confirmed as soon as the song drops.

Bane likes this.
    Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

I really like Drawbar, the subtlety, the progression, the chilling atmosphere. Not the track you'd expect when you see Tom Morello on the credits, but not sure that's a bad thing.

Alexrednex, Iopia and Sasuke like this.
    Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

By far the best LP instrumental track imo.

Iopia likes this.
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I really feel that, even if, say, one of the songs sounds kind of like a Purity Ring track, LP will still add a lot to make it theirs.

Kiiara's voice isn't particularly special, IMO, but she can nail the notes live, because they're not exactly hard and there's not much in way of range. The pitch correction and vocoding and whatnot throughout the EP are for aesthetic rather than to compensate for a lack of vocal ability. :)

Alexrednex likes this.
    Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

I hope the track doesn't have the minimalist feel like Kiiara's stuff. I feel LP is best when they do things big.

I'm cautiously optimistic for the album. I've always been a fan of the band's pop sensibilities and catchy sound more than a skull-crushing riff. Don't get me wrong, I love hard rock and metal but my favorite version of LP is their pop-driven, electronic-tinged rock(New Divide, Powerless, Final Masquerade, BID, etc). I feel that's their strong suit.

Alexrednex and Sasuke like this.
    Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

So, basically they will hire Orlando Bloom to be Chester's stunt.

Orena and Sasuke like this.
    Bufkin

Bufkin Member

Try to put LP into one genre... Impossible, so there is no "pure LP"

Orena likes this.
    Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

And that's my issue. When it comes about female vocals I tend to expect a lot.

Vinifeijo

Couldn't she just feature as an actress? She said she's a fan and the band is putting her as actress on the video.

I'm hoping it's just that. This girl has no expression worldwide, LP has to stop with those bullshit features. Seems like they don't know how big they're and how good they can do by themselves. Those teen supports aren't needed, even more in an album release single.

Featuring songs are for special releases, like soundtracks or LPUs, not for main studio albums.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

You, and a lot of others, sound so salty without even hearing a single note. It's so annoying to read.

On the real though, some of the bands best work is when they have worked with somebody else.

Alexrednex likes this.
    Sasuke

:rofl: I thought i was the only one who sees this.

Vinifeijo likes this.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Hahahaha, I can't comprehend responses like this. You've not even heard the song. As for stopping with the bullshit features this is literally the first time Linkin Park have featured a female artist on a studio album.

Having the mentality that Linkin Park can't feature artists on studio albums is ridiculous. Why not? Why does it bother you so much? You've had six albums of just Linkin Park and I'm sure every song on the new album won't feature another artist, but yeah, fuck Linkin Park for featuring a singer they thought would be good on a track I guess.

Alexrednex and minuteforce like this.
    Vinifeijo

It may sound good, yes. I never said I didn't like her sound. I just don't like LP with features. Don't sound like a LP music.
    For example, I really like GATS, but it doesn't seem like a whole LP song to me. If Mike rapped there, I would've liked much more. The same with Rebellion, feels like a distant song.
    That's because I know they can be big all alone and create amazing stuff like ATS.
    For me, they doing features seems very forced, not natural.

I think it's ridiculous how you guys assume we can't have different opinions. We don't have to wait for the song to form opinions. The question in not the sounding, but the feeling a feature brings.

I'll probably like the music anyway, because I love everything LP does. But the songs with features seem distant to me, not a LP main song, but just a b-side one.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Per your complaint, though, she can sing fine without obnoxious pitch correction.

Who are you to say what collaborations are "for"?

LP didn't have any guests performing vocals on their tracks for, like, five albums straight. They dabbled in it on THP with a couple and there's an unspecified number of guest vocalists contributing on this upcoming one. Next album might have none. It's not the end of the world. :shrug:

The band has collaborated with a myriad of artists in the past (on and off albums) and people have reliably freaked out every time. Just wait and, then, judge the songs on their own merits once they drop.

Sasuke

At this point we've heard NOTHING. so how can we judge?

Deliveranze likes this.
    Joe

Nobody said we can't have different opinions. Just don't expect them to go unchallenged when you voice them on a forum.

Alexrednex and Vinifeijo like this.
    Vinifeijo

I'm the person that can say for me, that I think collaborations don't fit well in a main album.
    It's just my opinion, how I see it and how I feel about it. It won't change nothing for the band, they will keep doing whatever they want.

But I'll keep having my thoughts that featuring are for b-side songs. And I'm not trying to force any of you to think the same. I'm just some guy expressing a opinion. It shouldn't matter so much for you. Don't really know why it does.

Again: I'm not judging how it will sound, because that would be stupud. I'm questioning the feeling a feature has, whatever feature it is. There are LP songs with collaboratos I really like, but they don't seem to belong in a main album.

Orena likes this.
    Joe

Again, this is a discussion forum. Nobody really cares what you think but people will respond. For me it was your dismissive, almost disrespectful comments about Kiiara being featured on the album.

Saying that she should just be an actress, that she has no expression (whatever that means) and that "teen" supports aren't needed when she's not even a teenager. It's just a weird mindset to have in my opinion. Linkin Park obviously saw something in her and felt she fitted the song they were working on, all the other stuff shouldn't matter at all really.

20. Sasuke

One thing is 100% sure, LP are never do a collab with CHVRCHES because they hate Mike :shinado: