Rumor: Linkin Park to Feature Kiiara on New Song

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Feb 2, 2017.

1. DJIntensity

DJIntensity Well-Known Member

Kiiara is pretty close with The Chainsmokers I believe, thus explains how her and LP met (through The Chainsmokers).

2. Orange Box Nerd

Orange Box Nerd Drop the Keys to the Kingdom

After seeing this news, I'm somewhat confused as to whether or not to support them or to completely hate this. I do not like this female artists music whatsoever. However, as others have stated, the album isn't even out yet so it's way too soon to judge this based of a webpage alone. I have faith in Linkin Park so I'll trust them. However my expectations of this single have drastically decreased.

3. Nick Allen

Nick Allen New Member

Never head of Kiiara before now, her song 'Gold' has a pretty sick beat! Should be really interesting to see how the single turns out!! really excited!!!

4. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

There is a mutual connection there but LP and Kiiara have long been fans of each other's work as well. Shinoda could've easily just called her mgmt

5. linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

I don't care if they do a collab with Kiiara or other artists. The only thing I don't want on this album is ALL CAPS TITLES LIKE LIVING THINGS

Sasuke likes this.
  6. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

That is hardly an opinion but a judgement, considering we have not heard anything yet. You can have your opinion after you've listened to the actual thing.

And the idea that features aren't "for main albums but b-sides" is ridiculous. Artists might as well vanish them from the earth because as far as I'm aware, B-sides are songs that didn't make the final cut to an album.

They are eventually released later via special edition or something like that because it's a gift the artist wants to give the fans. An artist does not create a song to be deliberately a B-side, it's absurd.

7. UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

It's one thing to want no features, and another to s*** on the featured artist..

Alexrednex and Andreina like this.
  8. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

This post really makes me think you weren't around when either MTM or ATS dropped.

And, since Meteora, LP has released those two albums plus Living Things and THP, clearly demonstrating how they always did something different than the previous album, and you're still surprised they backed away from THP in u-turn? That was expected to say the least.

Many people here really need to try the ketchup. :ketchup:

Alexrednex and Sasuke like this.
  9. snowblue

snowblue You know the blue snow?

Expected? And we should expect the unexpected. Does that mean we're getting another THP? (since it's the most unexpected)

10. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Why don't we wait till we hear the single before jumping to any quick conclusions? Yes the artists they've been said to be working with does infer that the album likely won't have a predominant metal influence, but that is legitimately ALL we know. We haven't heard any finished tracks, or singles yet. This record could be a complete 180 from what anyone is expecting it to sound like.

What I'm trying to say is: give it a chance.

Alexrednex and brady like this.
  11. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I'd love more Wretches and Kings style tracks, that trip hop influence. A beat like that with singing instead of rapping would be great.

Sasuke likes this.
  12. JacobM

JacobM Member

Lp season is here for every album cycle I listen to all there cds just listen to hybrid theory that never gets old every song is perfect

13. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Shinoda is the fucking boss of LP. when hey say i want a heavy shit they made THP. now he wants Electro/Indie stuff so that's gonna happens.

14. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Agreed. Sure I don't like Kiiara, but that doesn't mean I think the album is gonna be shit

15. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

No offense but I don't recall Mike saying anywhere that he wanted more 'electro/indie stuff' on this album. At least not publicly or to the fans. That's just assuming based off of the collaborations. The band has been very quiet about this album and has put a lot of work into it. There's literally no 100% confirmation of what direction this record is going in until the song drops. And even that song might not totally sound like the rest.

16. Dayz

Dayz Now or Never

To those who judge the album without hearing any single yet, be open-minded this is the first time their album work process starts with lyrics rather than instrument. Mike mentions that this is something that they have never done before and on the video on FB, Chester mentions what would happened if this were to be their first album, so for me I expected the unexpected from this album. I want to be surprised.

As for the feature I'm pretty sure Kiiara didnt just come in to sing a few lines and then leaves, As Mike mentions most of the collab are writers and producer, they help with the input of the song and its components not just vocal. Hearing Mike and Chester voice for straight 5 albums it gets boring really fast for me, ATS was the first time I heard Mike sing and it blew me away. THP was the best not just the rawness of it but the collabs was the main point for me which is what I've been wishing for.

These guys throw a curve ball every time they put out an album, you will never expect the previous to be the same as the next and that is what makes every LP album cycle a HypeTrain, I mean do you like eating the same meal for lunch and dinner every day? You will get fed up just after a week, the same logic apply to an artist album; you need to do something new, creative and unorthodox to see what you are capable of as a person, as an artist, and as a band that is Linkin Park.

If you can't warp your mind around something as simple and minor as a "feature" I think this album is not for you. Hit the road.

Alexrednex and Austin Vicenty like this.
  17. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Means nothing at this point because the band have dipped into almost every genre of popular music over the past 6 albums.

18. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

We will see. but, i expect a heavy electronic influenced album (which isn't a bad thing). look at the collaborators who are confirmed. the majority of them are in Indie scene.

19. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

What happened to that other music video??

20. HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

So you were around during the release of MTM with 7 years old? Sounds fake to me...