Linkin Park Shares Clip #1 'Piano' on LinkinPark.com

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Feb 3, 2017.

thor

thor Well-Known Member

Sure alot more of Mike singing would be great but what makes Linkin Park, Linkin Park, are the duet of Mike and Chester. Without the other feeding off the other, I don't think they'll be that dynamic of a band.

Iopia likes this.
    Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

I totally agree, which is why I want them to utilise the fact that they have two great singers to the max. That's one of my favourite things about Living Things, the run from Castle of Glass to Until it Breaks is just a beautiful blend of usage between Mike and Chester's (and Brad's :lol:) voices.

Yuh Catalyst

Yuh Catalyst Member

I think just "Opening" :lol:

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I agree

But basic doesn't always sound good either which is why I said we just have to wait and see

I wonder if the song will be released earlier than that but come to radio stations on the 14th (since the dude is a radio DJ)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

I hope for some soft MTM-esque tracks like that piano teaser. MTM has their best soft songs imo. I also hope for a spacey-chill expansive vibe with beautiful vocals. I can't wait what Mike brings rap-wise to the table. Would love to hear him spit on a trap beat. Ooooh the possibilities!!!:kicking:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

He's done it before.

Deliveranze and Sasuke like this.
    MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Well that put me to sleep, seems like a lullaby, LP7 is gonna be soft AF

minuteforce

IDK about anyone else, but I certainly hope so. :)

Filip likes this.
    Dayz

Dayz Now or Never

Yeah me too after last album epic rawness hardcore LP; now I need a follow up chill-vibe LP album.

Yuh Catalyst

Yuh Catalyst Member

Hmm melody sounds like Mirror of Bruno Mars right ?

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I think an upbeat pop record would sound great but I think a chill vibe could work good as well.

I will say don't judge things based on genre. I thought THP was going to be their best work to date because of genre alone and it's my least favorite LP album to date that I also haven't listened to in full since 2014 since the first half of the album is 100% forgettable and some of the worst music they have ever made in my opinion. But I thought it would be the greatest album they have done and best album of 2014 simply because of the fact that it would be the heaviest LP album to date. Now it was proven to be the heaviest LP album to date but it also proved me wrong about being amazing. Genre means very little in the scheme of things. If a song is good, it's good regardless of what genre it is. If an album is good, an album is good regardless of what genre it is.

As someone who listens to all major genres on a regular basis except Classical, I feel like i've seen too many people limit themselves because they have a misconception that everything in a genre is bad and they refuse to actually dive into that genre. On the flip side, I've seen people who hate a genre but find an artist in that genre that actually like. On a different website I post on, I've seen it happen with multiple posters who won't listen to anything outside of rap. On the same website, I know posters who hate country but have collectively taken a liking to both Thomas Rhett and Sam Hunt who are both up and coming country stars.

I ask and highly suggest everyone here to not limit themselves because of a word or a genre.

Evan, Deliveranze, HybridT and 3 others like this.
    Dyl

Dyl Well-Known Member

Holding on, why is everything so crazy

minuteforce

I ask people I meet what kind of music they like and, way too often, the answer is "I just like good music, doesn't matter what genre it is".

The thing is, though, everyone has their own ideas of what's "good" and what isn't, and everyone only listens to whatever they feel is good, so that answer is basically useless - it's almost literally just saying "I like what I like". Someone might claim to be open to any and all "good music" regardless of genre, but, then, it just so happens :rolleyes: that entire genres only have songs that they think are bad.

EDIT: also, sometimes, they just answer "I listen to everything" ... before later clarifying, "but not that."

Bane likes this.
    mandylane

mandylane Well-Known Member

i hope to see more videos

minuteforce

Maybe the band will notice your plea and post another teaser tomorrow :halfkappa:

Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

"Holding onto what I haven't.....GOOOOOTTTT!!!!"

Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

Will I finally get the piano-driven album I want since the New-Divide-era??? Probably not, but that sounds already awesome =)

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

Add in some of this:

I think were gonna get a great album...

Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

I agree, I like to be open minded when it comes to music, whatever the genre. On the subject of genres people listen to, i find it a real shame that more people don't appreciate classical music so much, in terms of composition and musicianship you can learn a lot from it. Some of the great composers produced some of the most amazing pieces of music ever written, yet a lot of people don't really appreciate just how skilled they were anymore.

20. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Nothing awfully amazing to get hyped over. But then again its just a snippet.