Linkin Park Shares Clip #1 'Piano' on LinkinPark.com

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Feb 3, 2017.

1. HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

So, all this time we were listening to a fake LP? :( How sad, where are the real ones? I don't want to have doubles of them!! :(

:kappa:

2. Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

Well then, if that's how you feel, you certainly picked a weird time to sign up on LPA....
    Nevertheless, welcome.
    You could be absolutely right. If that's the case, I certainly picked the right time to sign up for LPU.
    Shhhhhhhh, don't want the overlords at Warner to find out we know the truth! :kappa:

Anthony Maroon likes this.
  3. Joshua

Joshua is Mr. "to many Mind"

Since there will be 8 videos, the name could include 8 letters - 1 letter per video. So "outreach" would fit. But there is also still a chance for "omelette", so let's hope for it! :chuck:

Evan likes this.
  4. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

I agree with you 100 percent, AFTER M2M LP just became a BI Polar band. they have become so irrelevant now its sad because from
    2000-2007/08 they were so big. The band's music hasnt aged very well, excluding HT that album will always be classic and timeless. THP was good but
    but it didnt do the job fully, its either they make soft or heavy, or electronic and its just one big mess. It doesnt work in today's music. They cant stay steady. Each album
    has complete chaos. THP you had songs like KTTK, GATS, ALITS, WASTELANDS, thrown in with songs like UIG AND FM which arent bad songs, but its all too much
    together. I feel like LP is at the end of their career. Because they have exhausted all of their ideas. and the ideas that they put out arent working. And now LP7 is sounding like its going to be a very soft and electronic album about relationships which we already heard before.

5. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Sometimes I cry myself to sleep because Shinoda doesn't have spiky red hair anymore.

Rahat, Mercedes AMG, brady and 5 others like this.
  6. Anthony Maroon

Anthony Maroon Well-Known Member

Truly, it was the greatest loss of a generation.

7. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

You're entitled to your opinion, but I don't think many of us are going to agree that popularity =/= quality. I'm also a bit confused why you're giving out about the band switching style so much, while simultaneously criticizing them for being "out of ideas". Pick one or the other, you can't have both. :/

Also I'm not sure that nu metal has aged better than the rest of the band's output, but let's agree to disagree haha. :lol:

8. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

[​IMG]

Evan likes this.
  9. rocker94

rocker94 Well-Known Member

Sometimes I read a lot of stupid things. Linkin Park at the end of his career? WTF?
    Linkin Park started again with the dead of nu metal and the intelligent change made it with MTM. Of course they were at the top of popularity, because was another time, beginning of decade, when the rap-rock was passing the golden age.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    Iopia likes this.
  10. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

If I had to rank all LP albums so far on a personal level
    MTM
    Meteora (for the production tbh)
    ATS
    THP
    HT
    LT
    I am gonna guess this album might be between ATS and THP for me.

11. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

People keep saying Linkin Park are finished yet it's the only band from their scene that made it out of Nu Metal alive (well, let's say 00's rock). Imagine had they gone stubborn and kept rehashing the sound until there was nothing else to do but make a desperate attempt and feature SKRILLEX in an album *cough*Korn*cough*.

For a band with their legacy, that was a pretty hard fall. Limp Bizkit is dead, Hoobastank and Trapt faded into the oblivion releasing mediocre album after another (they both have newer stuff out that has gone under the carpet), My Chemical Romance split, Crazy Town's didn't wait too long because their sophomore album was bullshit. Papa Roach's latest work was 'MEH'. Lostprophets went in decline and their frontman is a convicted paedophile and meth addict. And the list goes on.

Yet, 17 years after their debut Linkin Park is still in the front scene, with one of the most anticipated albums of the year, in a world dominated by pop music where Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande, The Weeknd, Sia and other badass acts are owning the music industry. If that is being 'finished' then where can I sign up for some of that?

Chill and have some cookies, the train just left the station and we're up for a nice ride.

zendesur, Filip, LohithMohan and 13 others like this.
  12. Deliveranze

Agree with Andreina. The band is arguably, or at least Top 5, the best rap-rock band and was able to blend a fantastic singer and a competent rapper, which in 2000 and for nu-metal, wasn't even a thing yet. They also have tons of crossover appeal because they didn't limit themselves to one genre. Someone may not like Hybrid Theory but adore A Thousand Suns, while someone may not like The Hunting Party but love Recharged. The band is able to adapt naturally and work with artists they enjoy and aren't trying to keep relevance in a post-nu metal era. Even when they aren't as "successful" as bigger or newer artists, they are still doing extremely well for a 17+ year old rock band.

Evan, Iopia, Dayz and 2 others like this.
  13. ToTheCitadel

ToTheCitadel Wisdom, Justice & Love

I've been really into slow, melodic electronic instrumentals lately so I'm excited to see the material for this new album.

As long as it doesn't sound anything like MTM, I'll be happy.

14. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I dont see how anyone could love Recdharged :kappa:

Sasuke and Deliveranze like this.
  15. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

I love how ppl keep saying that LP were nu metal. When Mike and Chester have said over and over again that they werent. HT was a fusion nobody ever heard before and that is their sound nobody can live up or even try to come up with that because imo nobody can mix rap and rock better than LP. I agree with all of those bands you said they are all dead. But you cant compare LP with those bands. I mean you if wanna talk about AX7 or Disturbed than thats different because they are still doing good for themselves, ill even throw in blink 182 and sum 41 they have very big fan bases and still very much alive. It seems like LP to me is forgotten or nobody listens to them anymore, i mena i get ppl asking me who listens to linkin park anymore, LP died out. And it hurts me when i hear that. Because they dont seem at the top anymore.

16. Deliveranze

I was literally just waiting for someone to say that.:lol:

17. linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

Linkin Park has a bigger fan base then all of these bands you said, so using the same logic LP is still doing good for themselves.
    I understand you, we all miss the time that Linkin Park was a BIG thing. But this has nothing to do with their sound becoming worse or they running out of ideias. If they realeased Hybrid Theory 2.0 next week it would be the same comercial failure as The Hunting Party.

HybridT likes this.
  18. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I did not mention A7X, Disturbed (I am a huge fan and fully aware they are doing well, packed shows) or Slipknot for example because I don't think their sounds are too related to LP. LP is softer than those bands.

And I don't think you should feel disheartened to hear people say that about LP. I think I am the only person in my social group who listens to them and most of my friends have forgotten about them. And it's not the end of the world, LP is still doing very well and their ever changing sound is what makes them who they are.

You say nobody else mixes rap and rock better than them and you might have a point, but they didn't exactly invent the wheel. And even if they invented the wheel it doesn't mean that can't have a boat ride or fly on a plane.

19. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Oh i think that i'm on LPA. but, it seems like i get lost in YOUTUBE again damnit!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    Sa6o_dfg, Evan and brady like this.
  20. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Please, lets not turn this thread into a YouTube comment argument thread just because we are bored with waiting on a new update which then half of us will bitch about what the new snippet sounds like anyway.