Linkin Park Clip #2 'Honesty' Released on LinkinPark.com

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 6, 2017.

1. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Yeah, bc songs like Until It Breaks, Victimized, Burn It Down, Lies Greed Misery, and Skin to Bone came to mind instantly when I heard them discussing the lyric content of the new album!

2. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

I'd imagine most casual fans/people not tuned into the pre album hype will not be expecting what eventually gets released, particularly a lead single featuring Kiiara, but the hard core fans know enough not to be easily surprised by the band anymore.

The only truly unexpected thing would be that this album doesn't actually exist, and this was all one big troll.

AndreyKamensky and Sasuke like this.
  3. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

A few things said and written during press for "Living Things":
    (source)

(source)

(source)

(source)

4. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Yeah I'm gonna keep my expectation as low as possible till I hear the first single. That rumored collab isn't instilling much faith. Moreover, to me it seems to be at odds with them saying its a "personal record" in this video.

5. zayl

zayl Friendly neighbor revenge seeking vigilante

as for now "numb" and "in the end", "pretended to be" or "in pieces" are the first things I think about when I hear words "personal" or "honest". I don't mean it will be first two albums' type record but it's just my general association if it comes to LP and being emotional.

6. Forfeit to Break

You could definitely add Breaking The Habit to that too..

7. zayl

yeah, now we just have to add some Steve Aoki and we will have the look into how the new record will sound like :)

8. minuteforce

You could add, like, the vast majority of LP's songs

Iopia likes this.
  9. zayl

well I just expressed my point of view on what I consider LP being emotional or personal. Sure I could add some more songs as examples but I couldn't agree that vast majority of them are (let's say - for the purpose of this conversation) "that kind of" emotional.

10. master360

master360 Well-Known Member

"Living Things" was a collection of generic emotional songs, I guess this will be more personal, I mean Mike has a song about his children and Chester probably will have a song about his friend Scott Weiland.
    Their are famous for makin emotional song where everyone can relate in different ways but with this album I think they tryn' to reach a deeper connection exposing their personal lives.

11. Forfeit to Break

Not too many feel that personal though.

12. minuteforce

Fair enough. :)
    IMO, there's a decent number on every album. But my own bar for what counts could be a bit lower than yours

13. Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

If the naming convention is as going to be plunging the depths of "creativity" as in 'Living Things', I would guess it's going to be something equally generic as 'One Night'.

14. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

I actually have a feeling that there will be an interlude or section of a song which will incorporate some kind of conversation.

That would certainly create some kind of "personal/emotional" mood.

15. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Even with those interviews, there's a noticeable difference with the way they are describing this album. "it was just what was popping out of our mouths basically as we were writing lyrics." This album seems a lot more dedicated in writing higher quality lyrics instead of more vague emotions / stories that songs like Roads Untraveled, In Pieces, etc. told. You guys hear the word personal and think "welp no different than the other albums." But the band has never talked about the lyrical content like they have been with this album.

Sasuke likes this.
  16. Emiltayeb

Emiltayeb Well-Known Member

dont know if any1 notice..but around 0.29 mark on the video , some guy hold laptop shows
    all the covers of LP albums. i think the one in the middle is a new one. mabye..

very hard to tell XD

17. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Mike Shinoda's SnapChat showed the band rehearsing.

18. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

It looks like 6 covers of albums that we know...

19. Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

From left to right they go:
    Hybrid Theory, Meteora, Minutes to Midnight
    A Thousand Suns, Living Things, The Huntiung Party

sadly no new cover on there

20. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

The band talked about Living Things as being an album with folk influence. The end result was, with only a few exceptions, an electronic pop rock album.

Always be skeptical of marketing. It's not like the band was having a candid conversation and a camera just happened to film it. This video was made for promotional purposes, and the band tends to give each promo cycle a theme. This time it's clearly "lyrics" and "honesty." But if you ignore the fact that the band has never talked about their lyrics so often to promote an album, you might notice that the way they are describing this album's lyrics are pretty much applicable to most of the songs they've ever written. Non-political, personal, emotional, written from the perspective of a person in a relationship (what Linkin Park song *doesn't* use the vague You as the subject?), and written so that a lot of people can relate to it. Seriously. That's every stereotypical Linkin Park song ever made.

I don't have a crystal ball or anything, maybe the band just had a moment of extreme non-self-awareness. Or maybe they're trying to create a narrative to sell albums.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    Bane and TheZlajaZlo like this.