Official Lyrics Revealed for Linkin Park's New Single 'Heavy', February 16th Release Confirmed

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Who's that girl it's Jess

Who's that girl it's Jess Member

All I know for sure is, baby with kiiara on that track, I'd never pull out if you know what I mean[​IMG]

2. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Even in art there is objectivity. You can critique a piece of writing based on its use, or lack thereof, of metaphors, phrasing, vocabulary etc.

3. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

All these criticisms about the lyrics, what do you want? Lyrics written by Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars and Ariana Grandé?

4. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I don't remember lyrics of a lead single ever being debated this much. This is crazy.

Sasuke likes this.
  5. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I don't have anything to contribute to your post, but your avatar is the best penny to be worth 4 quarters.

6. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Not a fair comparison imo, since those artists obviously aren't trying to write Earth-shattering lyrics. They're just your teenage-pop artists out to make radio hits.

7. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Linkin Park have never said that they will write a novel.

8. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Says who? [​IMG]

minuteforce and Abel like this.
  9. crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

It has to be due to the fact that LP hyped up the lyrics so much.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    Iopia and Agent like this.
  10. LPChris

LPChris LP Fan Since 8/2001

Personally, I am excited to hear female vocals in conjunction with Chester/Mike. That studio session preview with Linkin Park that Kiiara posted on her Instagram gave me goosebumps...

11. crazygolfer

Personally, Ariana Grande: This is the type of song I want LP to do next.

12. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Oh yeah because expecting well thought-out lyrics is the same as writing a novel.

13. UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

well it's not that people have other stuff to debate over.

oh forgot the album cover

14. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

LP's new single is co-written by the writers of Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber. Fair to say that LP is trying to make a pop radio hit.

15. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Honestly, at first glance I thought the lyrics were horrible. Then I remembered that outside of Rakim, Guilty All The Same has even worse lyrics yet the song is still fucking fantastic. That said, considering the hype I was hoping for something a wee little more substantial on the writing front. Still waiting for the track to pass judgment.

16. crazygolfer

[​IMG] This is Justin Tranter. He is one of the co-writers of Heavy.

17. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

I retract my statement then?

18. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Luckily for me, I never looked at HT or M through the lens of edgy kids even when I was 13 so that's one of the reasons why I still like HT and M. I can look at them with a different meaning then when I was a teen.

In terms of these lyrics, like @Alexrednex said, Chester has never been the one with the most poetic style. Hell I'd say this is better writing then the last two first singles. GATS was terrible lyrically outside of Rakim and while Burn It Down had decent lyrics with nice metaphors, the songs was nothing more than a club banger. It is what it is. On average, Mike always had the better lyrics anyway.

Blake, Iopia and Dayz like this.
  19. mastae

mastae Some Honky

Upon reading the lyrics, I am going to love this song... The lyrics showcase their talents as writers IMO -- not in their ability to tell an intense, personal story, but to nail a general emotion so perfectly that it's easily relatable to the masses. Even songs like Breaking the Habit, that Chester related to so personally, were generalized on a grand scale to be about addiction (and not just, say, the heroin addiction Chester was experiencing).

Reading the lyrics, I relate to it due to one of my best friends who is dealing with a mix of intense anxiety and depression. Her anxiety pushes her further into her work, causing her to forgo any focus on her personal well being in search of escaping her own emotional state. Then wehn she has quiet moments alone, her depression hits fully, and thus she chases being busy to avoid dealing with her problems. I love the line "There's comfort in the panic" -- I think she'd describe her own life that way.

Sasuke, Abel and Deliveranze like this.
  20. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Actually, LP used the lyrics bit as a way to mention how they had more time to focus on the vocals.
    If you go back and listen to what Chester said in that group live session where they all were sitting on the couch, Chester clearly mentioned many times how having the lyrics down so early on let him get to know the song and perform it better.
    Since the beginning, they mentioned how having the lyrics being done early gave them the opportunity to get to know it better and perform the song better.

That's why, il save judgment of this song until I hear the vocals because everyone was praising Chester's singing.
    About the lyrics alone, its just like every other lyric they've written.