Official Lyrics Revealed for Linkin Park's New Single 'Heavy', February 16th Release Confirmed

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Also I appreciate the more vulnerable writing style. It's been lacking from their music for awhile. MTM was the last personal record imo. ATS and THP were both more political and aggressive and LT felt hollow in the messages department. This song seems like it comes from a very personal experience and I'm happy. I wonder if Mike is gonna change his rap style again after the last 3 records having aggressive battle rap verses.

Sasuke likes this.
  2. hasbino

hasbino Member

I just wish Linkin Park were more experimental with their music even after A Thousand Suns. I wished they'd do odd time signatures, polyrhythms, key changes, syncopation, vague lyrics, etc.

Agent, Kilmer and TheZlajaZlo like this.
  3. Narc85

Narc85 Well-Known Member

I'm assuming the lyrics are being debated so heavily (see what I did there...) because that's all we've got at the moment. I could be wrong, but is this the first time we've had lyrics to their material before anything else?

I've got no issues with the lyrics. Perfectly fine by me. Lyrical complexity often comes at the cost of mainstream accessibility. And if LP want to release a more pop-oriented first single with a view to it being a success, so be it.

I for one can't wait to hear the track. Have been humming that melody over and over since the very first piano clip.

Deliveranze likes this.
  4. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

This.

With that said, I hope this album has a track without any drums. Just piano, guitar and or synths and vocals.

hasbino and Iopia like this.
  5. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

First post updated with the short clip of Kiiara singing a few lines from Verse 2 of 'Heavy'. What do you all think?

6. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

I hope this album has a track with only drums. :lol:

AndreyKamensky likes this.
  7. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Hearing the melody of the vocals I'm now convinced I have absolutely zero idea what to expect with this song. This is definitely different for the band (even if kiiara wouldn't have been on the track) and I have a feeling I'll be pleasantly shocked and surprised come Thursday. Can't wait.

8. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Expect the unexpected
    Mike Shinoda ,40, mastermind of Linkin Park.

viktorignatov77 likes this.
  9. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

She sounds pretty fucking bad there honestly. Like those girls in my chorus class in high school that didn't really know how to sing but winged it

AkirraKrylon likes this.
  10. Derek

o_O perhaps we are listening to two different clips then. I thought she was good.

Modern Guitar God and Sasuke like this.
  11. Nimz Lp

Nimz Lp niimz94

The lyrics aren't that impressive, I hope it sounds good. Finger crossed.

12. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

Not gonna lie...if I had watched that clip of her singing and didn't know it had anything to do with Linkin Park I'd "meh" and move on. Still gonna give the song a shot!

13. thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

You seem very passive aggressive by nature then ironically are lecturing me about tone, context, and diction. If you misunderstood my post you could have asked for clarification instead of responding cynically as if i'm attacking people with depression. I've had an account here with LPA for over 10 years but sparingly post, do you think i just came out of the woodwork to insult people with depression? You're the one whose creating the issue here that's non-existent to begin with--which seems to be the real issue here. Is this a habit? I get why celebrities hate doing interviews and some steer clear of social media because there's a group of people like you waiting to pick apart, alter, and manipulate what they're saying. This is now how you interact with people in real life. Get off your high horse and find the good in people instead of jumping to negatives, please.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  14. Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

When I saw the lyrics yesterday I thought "to let my mind stay so fucking messy" doesn't sound right at all for Chester to sing, I'm pretty sure Kiiara isn't just harmonies and is actually going to sing the second verse, at least together with Chester

15. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

I'm still hoping there's some fo this somewhere in the new album, but I don't expect it at all from Heavy.

16. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Vague lyrics? The band's whole career is already built off ~universal emotions~ that anybody can connect to

mastae likes this.
  17. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I agree. Sad to see where their music has gone since ATS.

Fucking yikes. That's pretty terrible.

18. Kilmer

Kilmer Well-Known Member

I can kinda see the vague he's talking about, and it's not the Linkin Park kind of vague, except for some songs. Look up Paranoid Android by Radiohead or A Drowning by How to Destroy Angels, I think those are closer to what he meant.

19. Derek

I listened to the Kiiara clip again, but much louder (as I listened on very low volume this morning), and yeah I can see what people are talking about with the pitchiness. She definitely is all over the place in that video :lol:. I'm surprised she felt that was good enough to post.

Oh well, that's what studio magic is for!

20. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I mean, she's probably just chilling in her apartment and felt like posting a random video in the middle of ordering pizza. Hardly much to go on, lol.