Official Lyrics Revealed for Linkin Park's New Single 'Heavy', February 16th Release Confirmed

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Sure. I've repeated what I've said again and again in different ways in an attempt to get the point across but he doesn't seem to be understanding any of it or responding to anything I'm actually saying (instead just repeating the same assertions over and over) so it's banging my head against a brick wall at this point. Got better things to do with my time, lol.

2. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

You're still continuing the arguement by posting that you know. Just please. Stop.

Iopia likes this.
  3. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Derek was saying that watching you two bicker is fucking annoying. Which it is. He wasn't saying YOU are annoying. While we fully respect the fact that people have the ability to come to their own conflict resolutions, when we see posts talking about starting fights, no matter who is the cause, it is our duty as moderators and as admins to keep the boards civil. We do not want this to turn into one giant shitshow of a pissing contest. I hope you understand that.

4. Hybrid

Read what Derek posted. Drop it.

5. Elaine

For the record my only problem right now is the "both sides are wrong" attitude (something that really, really sets me off on actually serious issues), but since this is just an ultimately meaningless linkin park board where people talk about music and have fun, I guess I'll just say THESE WOUNDS, THEY WILL NOT HEAL. /stares at self in the mirror with a very disappointed expression

6. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

I love this song. especially the outro.

Hybrid likes this.
  7. Hybrid

Maybe you misinterpreted me. I don't care what side is right or wrong, I just want to see people stop bickering. Can we all play nice now?

8. Elaine

Oh, that last part where I made fun of myself for taking this so seriously on a board like this was supposed to be the end of it.

9. Legendarychimson

Legendarychimson Member

That's why u should never post on this forum, lurking is the best, and when it comes to music and having opinions, you will just trigger some people no matter what you say

10. Derek

Exactly. If you two are going to debate, do it privately. I wasn't calling either of you annoying. I was getting tired of seeing this thread REPEATEDLY get derailed with the argument between the two of you.

Did you seriously join to insult our forums? Come on man. :rolleyes:

11. SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

Or, you know,
    Or, you know, pay no mind to said posts. That's also an option.

Moving back on topic, lyrics are decent, imo. I'm more interested in hearing the full melody and vocals at the moment.

12. Legendarychimson

Legendarychimson Member

I was once a member before, but I realized some people are way too serious, make no mistake, I love what you guys are doing, but let's just say I'd rather keep my thoughts/opinions to myself <3

13. dutchsoldier

dutchsoldier Well-Known Member

I agree heavily on what Xero-G said earlier about the clip of Kiiara. This kind of singing and the use of an accent like that (does she even 'American'? I dare say :p) really puts me off. The mannerisms in her singing I could do without too. I hope that the singing sits in very well in the mix or that it comes out more natural.

I'm keeping an open mind for the final product. Who knows how awesome it might actually sound!

Other than that as always I really like the lyrics. In songs I prefer simple lyrics that you can shout out while singing along and I find that some of the most simplistic rhymes can be superb.

14. Derek

I'm sorry that you feel that way, but this thread was getting derailed repeatedly by the bickering. It was either we step in and end it, or it was going to go out of control.

Regardless, I respect your opinion.

dutchsoldier likes this.
  15. dutchsoldier

dutchsoldier Well-Known Member

:shifty: Chesters singing though.... waaaaaaaah. Love the new clip! Two more days!!!

16. hasbino

hasbino Member

I basically meant lyrics that would need some interpretation to understand it. Like Castle of Glass or BITS or Mark the Graves. Not something so in your face and straightforward like the majority of their songs including this one, especially that "I don't like my mind now" line. And yes, Paranoid Android is a good example of what I mean by vague lyrics.

Iopia likes this.
  17. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

The lyrics are not bad, just too repetitive for my liking. Then again, I've listened to plenty of songs that feature repetitive, sometimes quite simple, lyrics that just stick with me, and I end up liking these songs a lot. Simplicity can be a good thing, but we all know that LP can be really talented with songwriting and lyrics when they put their mind to it (see: ATS and pretty much the second half of LT).

18. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I was specifically referring to the lyrics and as far as that's concerned my point still stands. You can, at least to some degree, objectively judge a piece of writing based on its use or lack thereof of literally devices. As for the bigger discussion of art being subjective or objective there's a really interesting video on it you can check out.

19. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

First they were young angry guys (HT/Meteora), then they wanted to spend less time on doing special effects (MTM), then they wanted to create soundscapes (ATS), then they realized they needed the special effects and actual structure to make WB happy (LT), then they finally realized people actually LIKE guitars so they made a whole album of them (THP), and now they're clearly having their mid-life crises all at once, together, like a true band. Nothing says badass like 6 40-year-old men who, arguably, defined "nu metal" writing and singing pop songs.

I don't mind new LP music, nor am I one that hates how they want to evolve, or do things differently - it'd just be nice if it didn't come off so much as "we're breaking the genre". Nah, man, you're just shifting genres, you're not revolutionizing anything anymore. You're not a nu metal band that does pop - you're just doing pop. Period.

20. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

They didn't define nu-metal - if anything, they were late to the game. Nu-metal had been firmly established already